Help me choose my 2X Pro True Design...

BadAngle41

Help me choose my 2X Pro True Design...  

16 members have voted

1. 1. A few variations of the latest True Design from Bauer... Gold vs Black logos... White vs. Sand patches... choose from the images below...

• 1 - Black & White
    • 2 - Black & Sand
    • 3 - Gold & White
    • 4 - Gold & Sand

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

For a second I thought you had uploaded the same picture four times.

Definitely #4. The white 2X and Vapour patch looks odd in comparison to the tanned version.

Mission accomplished!! They said it couldn't be done... but I Coopaloop proofed the question. 

BTW... did you actually vote or just write it in??? I mean... ya know.

8 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Mission accomplished!! They said it couldn't be done... but I Coopaloop proofed the question. 

BTW... did you actually vote or just write it in??? I mean... ya know.

🤔 I don't even really understand what you mean by cooper proofing a post.

And no, I completely missed the poll. Just wanted to get to the pics.

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

🤔 I don't even really understand what you mean by cooper proofing a post.

And no, I completely missed the poll. Just wanted to get to the pics.

Ha. I just trying to give you a hard time saying that if I made a question/poll you understood everyone else definitely will. Ha. 

I voted #4 as well. If this were traditional construction, I’d vote for the white tags as they would yellow a bit over time to give that vintage look, but printed white will stay white!

Also agree with @itis121, the thigh rise proportion looks a bit off. The knee rolls look a bit thin compared to what we’re used to seeing - is that on purpose? Were the rolls smaller on vintage pads?

Honestly, these are all nitpicks, any of these will look amazing with your full setup. 

17 hours ago, itis121 said:

Is it me or the thigh rise looks humongous big? Nice theme going on.

6 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I voted #4 as well. If this were traditional construction, I’d vote for the white tags as they would yellow a bit over time to give that vintage look, but printed white will stay white!

Also agree with @itis121, the thigh rise proportion looks a bit off. The knee rolls look a bit thin compared to what we’re used to seeing - is that on purpose? Were the rolls smaller on vintage pads?

Honestly, these are all nitpicks, any of these will look amazing with your full setup. 

I think the thigh rise isn’t 100% accurate to hat it will be. You’ll notice in the side views (inside gusset in particular) that the knee roll will start and end where it should based on the landing. With the flattened front view it may just be stretching the thigh a bit. I will confirm though. 

As for your note @Punisher Goalie regarding the white patch and aging on traditional construction, I completely agree and thats the whole reason I thought sand would do the job better. Crisp white just won’t finish the vintage feel as well. 

On 6/22/2019 at 3:26 PM, BadAngle41 said:

I think the thigh rise isn’t 100% accurate to hat it will be. You’ll notice in the side views (inside gusset in particular) that the knee roll will start and end where it should based on the landing. With the flattened front view it may just be stretching the thigh a bit. I will confirm though. 

I think maybe the outer roll with the single break graphic at the bottom of the knee rolls gives it an optically taller look as well.  Not a nitpick, I think we may have talked about that specifically before :P, just where I think the eye gets fooled into seeing the entire thigh rise as taller.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:25 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

For a second I thought you had uploaded the same picture four times.

Definitely #4. The white 2X and Vapour patch looks odd in comparison to the tanned version.

On 6/21/2019 at 4:54 PM, Xdave90x said:

#4 gets my vote

On 6/22/2019 at 8:36 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

22 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

4...Sorry forgot to respond to this in the group text lol.

#4 it is... revisions are off to Bauer for final mock up. Thanks for the votes guys!!

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Finalized the design... only difference you may notice from my work on #4 and the actual Bauer rendering... the faux patch on the outside gusset now says Bauer | True Design. And now my front step watch begins... 

RTD_11_Baranowski_CONCEPT_3_REALISTIC_MOCKUP.thumb.jpg.077be2b1c0242078209047df497d3c90.jpg

Nice, I think you are the first member to have taken the plunge

Archived