Jump to content
TheGoalNet

TGN Spec X Optik 2

Recommended Posts

Optik 2 

35+1.5

• Max Core
• Softest Boot 
• 84 Deg boot 
• Rotation Strap 
• Offset minimized toe bridge (only 1 attachment point for laces)
• No outer knee flap
• No knee cradle on the back face of pad
• GNetik IV SBA/Nash knee landing 
• triple foam or thicker soft foam inside GNetik IV knee landing 
• Hard knee block 
• No boot strap 
• No heat transfer logos 
• TGN Spec Logo on inside thigh rise
 

Glove 

Optik 2

• 90 Deg Break
• Anchor T
• Black nash inside palm 
• Black nash inside T
• black Skate lace pocket 
• No heat transfer logos 
• TGN Spec logo on back of glove cuff
 
 
 

Blocker 

Optik 2

• Triple Anderson padding in front of the blocker glove and behind back side of blocker board
• SBA Grip on backhand area in blocker glove (not sure if that is stock or not?)
• Lexan inside the blocker 
• No heat transfer logos
• TGN Spec logo on backside of wrist

566C2E65-8B65-46F8-9E97-8B74886C29C7.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Peter36 said:

Is the rotation strap stock? What is it?

No, anything listed above a request... other than the boot angle, nothing is stock. 

A rotation strap is what I’ve done with the past two TGN Specs adding a professor strap 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Trying something new in the 90 degree break?

It’s new to me in Brian’s, but a break I used for 10 years and currently have in my EF4. It’s like a homecoming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max27 said:

What are the max cores flex ratings?

What do you mean by flex range? Max will be the stiffest core offered by Brian’s to date 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

It’s new to me in Brian’s, but a break I used for 10 years and currently have in my EF4. It’s like a homecoming 

Thought that was a 60 Degree. Don't know how you guys do it, that 90 degree is one acquired taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you concerned about the additional weight from the extra padding and Lexan in the blocker? I recall from one of the other member's testing that Lexan was significantly heavier than the standard blocker boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Teezle said:

Are you concerned about the additional weight from the extra padding and Lexan in the blocker? I recall from one of the other member's testing that Lexan was significantly heavier than the standard blocker boards.

He added lexan to the IV TGN spec so I'm guessing he's comfortable with the extra weight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

What do you mean by flex range? Max will be the stiffest core offered by Brian’s to date 

like the 1,2,3,4 flex ratings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Max27 said:

like the 1,2,3,4 flex ratings

Stiffer than those.  Max is stiffer than FLY or the IV "1" with HD foam upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 8:33 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Optik 2 

35+1.5

• Max Core
• Softest Boot 
• 84 Deg boot 
• Rotation Strap 
• Offset minimized toe bridge (only 1 attachment point for laces)
• No outer knee flap
• No knee cradle on the back face of pad
• GNetik IV SBA/Nash knee landing 
• triple foam or thicker soft foam inside GNetik IV knee landing 
• Hard knee block 
• No boot strap 
• No heat transfer logos 
• TGN Spec Logo on inside thigh rise
 

Glove 

Optik 2

• 90 Deg Break
• Anchor T
• Black nash inside palm 
• Black nash inside T
• black Skate lace pocket 
• No heat transfer logos 
• TGN Spec logo on back of glove cuff
 
 
 

Blocker 

Optik 2

• Triple Anderson padding in front of the blocker glove and behind back side of blocker board
• SBA Grip on backhand area in blocker glove (not sure if that is stock or not?)
• Lexan inside the blocker 
• No heat transfer logos
• TGN Spec logo on backside of wrist

566C2E65-8B65-46F8-9E97-8B74886C29C7.jpeg

How tall are you? What’s your atk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Wrbsti15 said:

How tall are you? What’s your atk? 

I’m about 6’2”

From memory, arnt you already on Brians? Don’t you know your size?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’m about 6’2”

From memory, arnt you already on Brians? Don’t you know your size?

I may have been in a pad to big with the 36. I’m also 6’2” but my ankle to knee is 19.25”, what’s yours? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I’m about 6’2”

From memory, arnt you already on Brians? Don’t you know your size?

Sent ya a message on insta 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Sent ya a message on insta 

Please don't. I want all messages here so people see them and they can help others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wrbsti15 said:

I may have been in a pad to big with the 36. I’m also 6’2” but my ankle to knee is 19.25”, what’s yours? 

How are you measuring? Everyone defines this differently. I can be between 17.5" and 19.5" depending on which ATK technique used.

Also, this is somewhat a matter of preference honestly.

1. Do you have issues where you feel like your pads are too tall?

2. Does your knee fall off the stack?

If the answer to both of those questions is NO, you're in the right size for you. Moving the knee block 1" probably is going to make or break your pad experience if you don't have issues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

How are you measuring? Everyone defines this differently. I can be between 17.5" and 19.5" depending on which ATK technique used.

Also, this is somewhat a matter of preference honestly.

1. Do you have issues where you feel like your pads are too tall?

2. Does your knee fall off the stack?

If the answer to both of those questions is NO, you're in the right size for you. Moving the knee block 1" probably is going to make or break your pad experience if you don't have issues 

I measure from center knee cap to center ankle bone with slight bend in the leg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wrbsti15 said:

I measure from center knee cap to center ankle bone with slight bend in the leg. 

Standing or sitting??

Also, can you please answer my previous questions?

1. Do you have issues where you feel like your pads are too tall?

2. Does your knee fall off the stack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 8:33 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Optik 2 

35+1.5

• Max Core
• Softest Boot 
• 84 Deg boot 
• Rotation Strap 
• Offset minimized toe bridge (only 1 attachment point for laces)
• No outer knee flap
• No knee cradle on the back face of pad
• GNetik IV SBA/Nash knee landing 
• triple foam or thicker soft foam inside GNetik IV knee landing 
• Hard knee block 
• No boot strap 
• No heat transfer logos 
• TGN Spec Logo on inside thigh rise
 

Glove 

Optik 2

• 90 Deg Break
• Anchor T
• Black nash inside palm 
• Black nash inside T
• black Skate lace pocket 
• No heat transfer logos 
• TGN Spec logo on back of glove cuff
 
 
 

Blocker 

Optik 2

• Triple Anderson padding in front of the blocker glove and behind back side of blocker board
• SBA Grip on backhand area in blocker glove (not sure if that is stock or not?)
• Lexan inside the blocker 
• No heat transfer logos
• TGN Spec logo on backside of wrist

566C2E65-8B65-46F8-9E97-8B74886C29C7.jpeg

What’s with the “triple foam or thicker soft foam inside GNetik IV knee landing “ just curious if that has any downsides and why you feel the need for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Standing or sitting??

Also, can you please answer my previous questions?

1. Do you have issues where you feel like your pads are too tall?

2. Does your knee fall off the stack?

Standing. I don’t fall out of the cradle no. 36 feels on the taller side. 35 might give me better mobility and keep a slim knee Pad. I’m using the stock brians knee pads with Bauer g form sleeves but need a softer knee pad cause my knees have been sore. 
 

pics of a 36” pad 

42A9CC45-3546-4EED-B10E-1A5885DE8B15.jpeg

806B1276-251C-41EB-B9EB-0E1BA604C20C.jpeg

1D9D17F9-1A0C-4948-AE02-CADC0862B7BB.jpeg

D9087433-283D-4441-B0E2-94E46B197DBA.jpeg

A97F346F-EC68-4A55-B05C-105CC0BF54DF.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Standing. I don’t fall out of the cradle no. 36 feels on the taller side. 35 might give me better mobility and keep a slim knee Pad. I’m using the stock brians knee pads with Bauer g form sleeves but need a softer knee pad cause my knees have been sore. 
 

pics of a 36” pad 

42A9CC45-3546-4EED-B10E-1A5885DE8B15.jpeg

806B1276-251C-41EB-B9EB-0E1BA604C20C.jpeg

1D9D17F9-1A0C-4948-AE02-CADC0862B7BB.jpeg

D9087433-283D-4441-B0E2-94E46B197DBA.jpeg

A97F346F-EC68-4A55-B05C-105CC0BF54DF.jpeg

If you move to a smaller pad, your knee would probably hit on the green line on a small pad. If you don't want to buy new pads, I could suggest trying some looser strapping so the pads falls down on your a bit and lands higher on stack as you butterfly.

This is why I personally am not a big ATK guy. I think your comfort level in the pads, how you strap them, and how wide your butterfly is can all effect how the knee stack works

image.thumb.png.c4851240c1217e86d5ce83ac65e716dc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

If you move to a smaller pad, your knee would probably hit on the green line on a small pad. If you don't want to buy new pads, I could suggest trying some looser strapping so the pads falls down on your a bit and lands higher on stack as you butterfly.

This is why I personally am not a big ATK guy. I think your comfort level in the pads, how you strap them, and how wide your butterfly is can all effect how the knee stack works

image.thumb.png.c4851240c1217e86d5ce83ac65e716dc.png

I have 36+1.5 gnetik iv now and getting 35+1.5 optik 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...