2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Optik blocker palm is more form fitting and fits the regular sized hand much better. The issue was, the old designer of our glove/blocker Ben Ward, had big bear mitts, and no matter what, everything felt too small to him. I mentioned a couple years that many online and in person were complaining about palm size in the stock blockers, but unfortunately we had a 4 year supply of them. Now with Reo at the helm for gloves & blockers as well, we have made the change and seems like it has worked well. It is also a more premium palm in terms of materials/design than the previous. 

Also - not trying to really 'promote' but we do have some products now on our website in terms of apparel/hats that can be purchased. This is not a money maker for us by any means, but more just to fulfill the demand we receive from customers wanting to support and wear the brand. In a perfect world, we would sell in stores and make money on it but retailers have no interest in carrying Brian's apparel with everything else they have to carry from player brands/lifestyle brands/etc. 

We will continue to add new designs and offerings.. http://www.goalies-only.com/page-shop.php

16 hours ago, RichMan said:

@Brians_Joz , is there a plan for a senior level Optik line? Will it be made here or overseas?

Not for this season. Unfortunately with Ben Ward our former glove designer, getting out of the hockey industry, it took us the full amount of time to produce the Optik pro domestic line and did not have time to get an import version going. Still finishing a pro chest/ etc for this year as well.. It is quite taxing for our small team to get everything done and unfortunately we couldnt have an import line to coincide with the pro release this year and didnt wanna rush it. So the Heritage import line, Alite is what will be offered this year for mid-level price point. But I must admit, Reo - our lead designer, does an incredible job working on custom graphics every day and managing a full line and handling production duties in a Canadian facility, what he has gotten done this year cannot be matched by another designer in the industry. 

7 hours ago, keeperton said:

@Brians_Joz What is the size of the blocker palm, and glove for that matter? II'm pretty sure I'll need to get stuff with intermediate palms given that I currently intermediate DX2s. It's hard to get a hold of anything to try on/demo in Oregon.

@keeperton - I wore intermediate GNetik and the Optik block palm is very similar. Unless you have very small hands, I’d advise against the intermediate palms. 

Can you try on a CCM blocker, does that fit okay? If YES, don’t order intermediate 

On 11/17/2017 at 4:40 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@keeperton - I wore intermediate GNetik and the Optik block palm is very similar. Unless you have very small hands, I’d advise against the intermediate palms. 

Can you try on a CCM blocker, does that fit okay? If YES, don’t order intermediate 

@TheGoalNet My wrist-to-end of index finger is 7" 

I'm worried more about the glove sizing than the blocker, though I'd obviously want both to fit well. I think my local store might have a current CCM or Bauer blocker, I'll look into that.

On 11/16/2017 at 11:12 PM, keeperton said:

@Brians_Joz What is the size of the blocker palm, and glove for that matter? II'm pretty sure I'll need to get stuff with intermediate palms given that I currently intermediate DX2s. It's hard to get a hold of anything to try on/demo in Oregon.

@keeperton - I just measured and mine is about 8

9 hours ago, netminder said:

I've heard the Optik snag is a tad on the heavy side due to all the dials in it?

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/watch-scott-darling-allows-stenchy-goal-centre-ice-012955019.html

Not really. Having tried it on the shelf compared to others i'd say it's standard. Not particularly heavy at all. A goal like that can happen with any catcher. 

@Kayen - did you see them side by side with FLX? 

Ive seen them both, but not side by side. Would love a side by side video 

for what it’s worth, and I know it’s all a matter of preference, Optik FLY is the  perfect stiffness 

The pad itself, and the strapping helps too, flexes when it needs but is very stable and slides great 

Archived