2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent the gist of this in an email to Brian's, but haven't heard anything back. I figured I'd ask here in the potential that they might answer here or someone might know.

I'm super interested in getting new gloves, but am really worried about sizing. My main reasons for this being that I have rather small hands, 17.75 cm from wrist to end of middle finger, and I have tendinitis (which makes it a huge pain and strain to close a glove or fit a blocker hand that's slightly too big, thus I wear rather snug stuff). I do not have a good way of gauging sizes as there's barely any hockey in Oregon. I really want to know if they're going to do their typical offering of the mitts with intermediate palms and to what that even fits.

I'm currently in a set of intermediate DX2s that fit wonderfully, though they're starting to wear a little and the glove is incredibly prone to stingers on even lighter shots. I'd love to get some Optiks, but I really want to make sure they fit before dropping the money on them.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@Hills - I agree, they are stiffer than GNetik and might freak some Vaughn users out ( :giggle:), but they are not plywood

I like them much more than GNetik pads. They are stiffer for better slides and stiffness, but they flex when you go into Jonny Quick mode 

With regards to the Vaughn comment. My previous set of pads before my GNetik3s was the V1 Velocity. The GNetik3s were incredibly easy to move to and wonderfully flexible in their strapping options and set-up. My V1s were really prone to overturning, even when tight to the max, the GNetik3s only ever underturn if I strap them up a little tight in the boot.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@Hills - I agree, they are stiffer than GNetik and might freak some Vaughn users out ( :giggle:), but they are not plywood

I like them much more than GNetik pads. They are stiffer for better slides and stiffness, but they flex when you go into Jonny Quick mode 

This is EXACTLY what I want to hear. The GN3Tiks are fantastic, but I miss the extra stiffness I had in my Sub 2's. sounds like the perfect middle ground.

And, @keeperton - order the game-ready palm with intermediate internals, and if you're really concerned about ease of closure, send it to Dennis at Factory MAD. It is a larger investment of time and money, but your enjoyment will likely outweigh the extra expense.

@Murray - My GNetiks were great pads, but always were a bit too soft for my preference. Optik is just right 

@Murray @KootenayKeeper - Dennis modded my GNetik. My Optik game ready closes the same as the modded the glove. The current game ready from Brian’s is phenomenal. If you’re ordering custom and you’re really that worried, request extra break in time on the machine. 

Dont be afraid of game ready either.

Basically every pro uses a game ready glove for games. Needing a pro palm is a stigma from beer leaguers. It’s from a long time ago when all gloves had stinger issues or because we’re not cordinated enough to hit the pocket 

On 11/28/2017 at 8:28 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Aside from TGN, who has ordered Optiks so far?

Approx 4 weeks in. It's been tough so far.

Only 4 weeks to go...

On 11/28/2017 at 11:06 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

So for everyone who has ordered Optik's. Are your colours going to beat TGN's?

Hopefully? From the sets everyone has posted, they look great. Everybody has different tastes, so we'll have to see ;)

Archived