2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I wish! I think I'd ask Brian's to give me this:

ed-belfour-chicago-blackhawks.jpg.80d21207021ecdefc809084dbc6eef30.jpg

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  Doing a Reactor 5 graphic is something I am toying around with possibly doing if I go the Optic route.  Different from that one though.

21 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Like these, found them on ebay a few months back. The logos were done by someone else though. Would have loved to pick them up

s-l1600 (20).jpg

On second thought, if it comes out looking like that I'll probably pass.  That looks awful.

51 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

SSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  Doing a Reactor 5 graphic is something I am toying around with possibly doing if I go the Optic route.  Different from that one though.

On second thought, if it comes out looking like that I'll probably pass.  That looks awful.

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm glad i'm not the only one.

Yeah there's definitely something very wrong with those. The logos are terrible is the first thing. The knee roll colors are reversed, and its just too much black and white. You need the red in there to make it look right. Helps if you have jerseys that are the same stripes (like Chicago has)

38 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah there's definitely something very wrong with those. The logos are terrible is the first thing. The knee roll colors are reversed, and its just too much black and white. You need the red in there to make it look right. Helps if you have jerseys that are the same stripes (like Chicago has)

Its not even the lack of red that ruins it for me.  It just looks dumb.  The lines are just way too straight.  its a very poor attempt at that graphic.  Granted, I know the original had the angled shin rolls to help accentuate the design but still.  That looks nothing like this

1265jrn.jpg image.jpeg.b91a26f2305ab0b18bdeec8540c9ce3f.jpeg

or even the remake on the newer Reactor pads from a few years back

Image result for bauer reactor 5 goalie pads

edit - Shit sorry for such a large image

@SaveByRichter35 - It's a blessing in disguise. Not a huge fan of applying graphics from one company to another (maybe a soft spot for something Potvin-esq) . . . 

If you are going all out custom, why not do something from the Brian's archive or design something for you like @Rickdougan58 did?  Maybe with the statue of liberty in it to match your bucket? 

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@SaveByRichter35 - It's a blessing in disguise. Not a huge fan of applying graphics from one company to another (maybe a soft spot for something Potvin-esq) . . . 

If you are going all out custom, why not do something from the Brian's archive or design something for you like @Rickdougan58 did?  Maybe with the statue of liberty in it to match your bucket? 

Not interested in that.  I can appreciate a cool custom graphic but its not something I would ever do for myself.  If I do get another set it will most likely be to match my team colors this time so it would make no sense to match my mask.  I am actually very torn at the moment because I thought I would easily be able to swing getting a new set of gear being I just sold my Acura but now all these things are popping up for the house.  I got a killer deal on a new snowblower.  I just found out my burner probably won't last more than another year or so, so we're looking into doing a gas conversion after the winter.  We're in the process of getting new auto garage doors.  All that money I got for the car is quickly disappearing.  I hate adulting.

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Did Brian’s send the Optik Protos to a Mod Squad Skate? 

Did you like? 

Yeah they had four sets. Both goalies wore them on the ice. I know the other guy didn’t like them, and I thought they were fine enough but nothing really stood out for me. 

I didn’t like the glove break angle either, nor that it felt like it was slipping off. Not because it wasn’t tight on my hand but because the inside wrist padding/strap felt like it was more on my palm than my wrist. Like it’s too wide or something.

Great pads, but no reason for me to buy them.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TheGoalNet said:

Stock Optik = nylon. This is the Non-Slip Grip matierial they used the past and is on the glove wrist 

Well that's silly. They've used the nash there for years. Odd that in some things like the primo they've made it stock, but now they've removed the nash and now back to using nylon on the landing surface. 

1 minute ago, IPv6Freely said:

Well that's silly. They've used the nash there for years. Odd that in some things like the primo they've made it stock, but now they've removed the nash and now back to using nylon on the landing surface. 

I thought the point of the nylon in the knee cradle was to promote less friction in the knee rotating in the cradle. Not sure.

2 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I thought the point of the nylon in the knee cradle was to promote less friction in the knee rotating in the cradle. Not sure.

In the "cradle" (which isn't really a thing in 2017) sure. But on the landing surface itself it definitely makes more sense for it to be grippy.

Archived