2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I prefer the elastic at the waist, but to each his own.

I definitely need to start having "IPv6Freely Spec" embroidered on every piece of gear I order ?

HAHA, only the stuff the I customize and come up with the specs on my own :headbang:

CCM Pads are all from the stock customization program. Only "TGN" on those :eyeroll:

The reality is that any gear I buy or demo is designed to raise awareness and try to grow the website community. "TGN Spec" is trying to build a branding around that. 

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

That is a good looking unit.

That's what she said.

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

HAHA, only the stuff the I customize and come up with the specs on my own :headbang:

CCM Pads are all from the stock customization program. Only "TGN" on those :eyeroll:

The reality is that any gear I buy or demo is designed to raise awareness and try to grow the website community. "TGN Spec" is trying to build a branding around that. 

So will there ever be a TGN Spec on an item that isn't Brian's. :P

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's what she said.

So will there ever be a TGN Spec on an item that isn't Brian's. :P

Fall (Assuming I get to customize things to the level I want to)

Not to mention my Mod Projects... Those's just don't get embroidered at the factory. 

Maybe I need stickers and patches?!?! 

41 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Fall (Assuming I get to customize things to the level I want to)

Not to mention my Mod Projects... Those's just don't get embroidered at the factory. 

Maybe I need stickers and patches?!?! 

Is that timeline just coincidental to Bauer's custom program? ;)

Clearly you need patches. I'm sure heat transferable patches would hold up more than fine. 

53 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Clearly you need patches. I'm sure heat transferable patches would hold up more than fine. 

Start of the NHL season... EF4? Brian's 2019 pads... Finally get stuff going with the Vaughn SLR 2

54 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think you can order embroidered patches on a silky carrier. All you would need is a hobby iron and teflon paper to affix. @TheGoalNet

58 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Man, time is all over the place to me right now. I'm still here thinking that those lines just came out.

that's my favorite part about Brian's. See the gear on the pros and then buy it a month later. EF4 might leak at the draft and P2 will have only been on sale for 1 month. Like a general life trend, I think the traditional retail model has a lot of short comings. Hockey is no different. 

Looking at the pictures of the Optik chesty it appears that Brian's has used less of the Xstatic material than previous models. In particular, i don't see it in the arms. Can anyone shed light on this or the efficacy of Xstatic liner in general. I'm dead set on getting one of these but wondering how much a custom order would be warranted. Hadn't considered a nylon strap before and I'm giving it some thought but i think any durability concerns with elastic can be overcome with simple repairs. Suspender straps, on the other hand, seem like a must! TGN i'm more than a bit jealous of what your up to here, but i just wanna play and not write about it, so more power to ya.

1 hour ago, brennytheball said:

Looking at the pictures of the Optik chesty it appears that Brian's has used less of the Xstatic material than previous models. In particular, i don't see it in the arms. Can anyone shed light on this or the efficacy of Xstatic liner in general. I'm dead set on getting one of these but wondering how much a custom order would be warranted. Hadn't considered a nylon strap before and I'm giving it some thought but i think any durability concerns with elastic can be overcome with simple repairs. Suspender straps, on the other hand, seem like a must! TGN i'm more than a bit jealous of what your up to here, but i just wanna play and not write about it, so more power to ya.

I don’t know what’s inside the arms, but I’ll post pics upon arrival. 

I love the concept of the SZ3 / Optik liner. Adjustable piece with XStatic that touches you. Nylon piece behind that to keep it semi water proof. This will keep your sweat away from the foams and should increase the length of the belly pad life 

Looks like my bad luck with C/As continue.  The Optik chesty we got a couple of weeks ago has had some stitching come apart..  The flap on the lower front left that should be stitched to the similar panel on the lower left has come apart.  Just a clean pull of the stitching, not tears or anything.  The right side stitching is still stitched securely.  How crazy is that, two chesty issues in a row first with the 1X now this.  I'm taking it back today to see if they will swap us a new one.  We'll definitely be staying with the Optik though.  If the store can't swap, I'll have it professionally repaired.

20180510_073525.jpg

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Looks like my bad luck with C/As continue.  The Optik chesty we got a couple of weeks ago has had some stitching come apart..  The flap on the lower front left that should be stitched to the similar panel on the lower left has come apart.  Just a clean pull of the stitching, not tears or anything.  The right side stitching is still stitched securely.  How crazy is that, two chesty issues in a row first with the 1X now this.  I'm taking it back today to see if they will swap us a new one.  We'll definitely be staying with the Optik though.  If the store can't swap, I'll have it professionally repaired.

Once is up to chance
Twice is coincidence
Three times is now a pattern

Hopefully this doesn't happen a third time. Major bummer though, these are all brand new units too.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

20180510_073525.jpg

Local PHL replaced the unit with a new one.  Not to be a honk, but I've had some great service from those guys.  All agreed that the stitching was probably faulty to start with.  Way to clean a separation. 

In case anyone is interested...

PHL Store manager told me that:

custom C/A Optik orders are 12+ week wait times.

full custom graphic Optik pad orders are about 7 weeks

regular custom Optik pad orders are about 8-10 weeks.

Funny that the custom graphic order wait is shorter.

My local dealer (not above store) is trying to find out how much longer my pad order is going to be.  At 11 weeks now.  Kind of expecting to hear something has gone off the rails.  We'll see though.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Local PHL replaced the unit with a new one.  Not to be a honk, but I've had some great service from those guys.  All agreed that the stitching was probably faulty to start with.  Way to clean a separation. 

In case anyone is interested...

PHL Store manager told me that:

custom C/A Optik orders are 12+ week wait times.

My local dealer (not above store) is trying to find out how much longer my pad order is going to be.  At 11 weeks now.  Kind of expecting to hear something has gone off the rails.  We'll see though.

This post makes me nervous =( mine were quoted to be done tomorrow.  When were yours supposed to be done.  Mine were also full custom

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I bet a lot of this may be due to a separate team working on custom only orders. I'm sure that backlog isn't any near as long as the regular spec orders.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

20180510_073525.jpg

Call Brian's if the store does not take care of you. They will. There are a bunch of shops are "certified" to repair Brian's gear and maybe they get that comped for you/ 

2 hours ago, mufforz said:

This post makes me nervous =( mine were quoted to be done tomorrow.  When were yours supposed to be done.  Mine were also full custom

I never got a date unfortunately.  Wouldn't you know it, shortly after posting I got the call. Pads are in!  I raced across town for the pickup.  They are now safely hidden.  We'll give them to him later tonight.  Pads are going to be a bit on the big side, but that was expected.  Always the case when you are buying pads for 6-8 months down the road.  I'll share some pictures once he has.  I promised him he'd get to post to IG first ?

For those of you with FLY cores, how much of an S shape have the pads developed?  I'm contemplating between Optik FLY and Ventus SLR.  The main reason I'm leaning towards the SLR is because I prefer the the angular, Z shape pad as opposed to a smooth, S curve.

23 minutes ago, CJ17 said:

For those of you with FLY cores, how much of an S shape have the pads developed?  I'm contemplating between Optik FLY and Ventus SLR.  The main reason I'm leaning towards the SLR is because I prefer the the angular, Z shape pad as opposed to a smooth, S curve.

They basically come pre shaped with a baby S curve, not too swooping though. Almost sorta between a traditional S and the Bauer 1S Z

Are you ordering custom or buying stock? 

6189872D-4C60-4640-B608-96B904EAF242.jpeg

12 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

They basically come pre shaped with a baby S curve, not too swooping though. Almost sorta between a traditional S and the Bauer 1S Z

Are you ordering custom or buying stock? 

6189872D-4C60-4640-B608-96B904EAF242.jpeg

Would be custom order but from what I was told, Brian's would not be able to make a single break Optik pad

8 hours ago, CJ17 said:

Would be custom order but from what I was told, Brian's would not be able to make a single break Optik pad

There will absolutely be an up chage for it and it will make the pads heavier, but you should definitely be able to ask for a stiffer or thicker thigh rise. 

Who are you ordering from? 

Archived