Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since my gear finally arrived, I got a change to play around with some of it last night when I got home from work. Feels very well balanced and comfortable. The 580 glove has a great, grippy interior, and the game ready xtra palm closed easily right out of the box. The 580 break also feels much more natural for my hand closure than the 600 break does. Hopefully I'll get to sub somewhere one night this week to dial in all the strapping before my regular skate on Saturday morning.

29 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Closes yes, but can you open it wide?

Yes. I have it stretching out currently, and I'll alternate it held shut and stretched open until I get to use it on the ice. Should only take a couple days to be all broken in.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Charlie T said:

I had originally heard Late 2020/Early 2021, but now it has changed to Spring 2021 for the retail customizer.

Brutal, would have been a perfect time to get an order in by yearend. You think they're still fine tuning the stock retail design or is it probably final given they've started producing/shipping out pro sets already? 

I'd assume its final considering how long they've been working on the 12.2. I would have loved to been able to order a pair by the holidays, I also think it would've given Lefevre an advantage over the other brands to establish their own distinct release schedule so their gear would be more focused on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 10:50 AM, Charlie T said:

I'd assume its final considering how long they've been working on the 12.2. I would have loved to been able to order a pair by the holidays, I also think it would've given Lefevre an advantage over the other brands to establish their own distinct release schedule so their gear would be more focused on.

Based on current manufacturer cycles...

2021 - True 12.2, CCM EF5, Bauer Vapor, Vaughn SLR3?

2022 - True 20.2, CCM Axis 2? Bauer Ultrasonic 2? Vaughn Velocity 10?

For True/CCM/Bauer - it looks like the "hybrid" styled pads are going to war next year, followed by a "butterfly" styled pad the following.  Vaughn seems to buck the trend as I'd classify the SLR as more of a butterfly styled pad and the Velocity as more of a hybrid

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

For True/CCM/Bauer - it looks like the "hybrid" styled pads are going to war next year, followed by a "butterfly" styled pad the following.  Vaughn seems to buck the trend as I'd classify the SLR as more of a butterfly styled pad and the Velocity as more of a hybrid

I´ve heard that some companies gonna change their cycle and it´s a good decision. Maybe they release some limited edition if everything is going back to normal. Factories, hockey shops and leagues has been closed and there´s still some new old stock waiting. 

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Yeah, I figured as much. I Still think it would be beneficial for true/lefevre to release earlier and advertise before the other companies, as a new brand they have the freedom to make those decisions without confusing anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 1:57 AM, Chenner29 said:

2022 - True 20.2, CCM Axis 2? Bauer Supreme 22 /9TotalOne, Ultra Sonic, ETC I don't think are carried over)? Vaughn Velocity 10?

18 hours ago, Charlie T said:

Anyone have new word on L12.2 release? Lefevre's been posting them a lot and I'm very eager to get my hands on a set.

I messaged Pure Hockey about the L12.2s, and they said orders should open up in the spring, so - and these are my words, not theirs - I’d expect deliveries in late summer or early fall 2021.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just put in my first custom set order through Rance at TGC. Great experience all around btw. I went with the L87 'retro' graphic, but the build is 100% 12.2 (exact same pad but the graphics). Think the wait is currently estimated around 18-20 weeks but we'll see how that actually tracks. Not worried about the wait to be honest, just pumped to finally have a custom set, only took 39 years!

Having gone through the build process exhaustingly, happy to field any questions if I can. Anyone else put in a 12.2/L87 order yet?

Archived