Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Telfo said:

I seriously doubt they could afford NHL licensing fees if they are going solo 

With graphics and the Internet, would be pretty easy to get the word out about who’s using what... the question is... who goes with with Lefebvre vs sticks with CCM? 

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

With graphics and the Internet, would be pretty easy to get the word out about who’s using what... the question is... who goes with with Lefebvre vs sticks with CCM? 

I'm most interested to see what happens to all the NHL goalies using EF4s, given how many are in them. Do they move to the Axis or change brands (or does CCM still keep making them)?

7 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

I'd like to see Lefebvre branded pads again 🤯

...not to get too far off-track, but what is JRZ? They made gear for Bauer?

Correct. They made the pro Itech stuff and then Bauer. They quietly made a lot of custom carry bags branded with their own name, as well. But ask them for an old Bauer Reactor pad and they will politely turn you down. 

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

My guess is the ones who got bespoke will stay with Lefebvre and the ones who got more off the peg will stay with CCM; or the bespoke ones go with another brand entirely. I imagine they are already being courted by other brands.

2 hours ago, estogoalie said:

I'd like to see Lefebvre branded pads again 🤯

...not to get too far off-track, but what is JRZ? They made gear for Bauer

All of the pro level Bauer and Itech made in Canada was JRZ.  They now do their own thing with a Prime line (reactor 9000) and their new Fusion line (very Optik like). Custom graphics as well

https://jrzglobalsports.com/

9 hours ago, RichMan said:

JRZ or Mckenney will ghost for Lefebvre, watch and see.

I think Lefevre was cranking out like 2000 sets between CHL, NCAA, and Pros. 

That’s a lot of capacity for a brand that will probably have a handful of NHL guys next year and will be “new” to retail. 

I don’t think that would happen anytime soon 

1 hour ago, Silence said:

Watch it be “premier” by lefevre 

Although I think it would be a smart move for Lefevre to offer a P2 model, that is NOT what the announcement will be. They designed their own new pad and I believe someone in the NHL will jump in right away

6 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Although I think it would be a smart move for Lefevre to offer a P2 model, that is NOT what the announcement will be. They designed their own new pad and I believe someone in the NHL will jump in right away

Hellebuyck?

I would love for Fleury to do it, but his endorsement ( I assume he has one) with CCM will probably hold him back from that. 

Though it wouldn't be the first time we've seen a goalie break an endorsement deal to wear what he is comfortable with. Though I'm sure CCM will bend over backwards to create what Fleury wants. 

35 minutes ago, Telfo said:

I am curious if they go for a stiff or soft pad first. I would think something more along the lines of the eflex since that is more their bread and butter? 

My guess is stiff.  The Premier line was their original design and E Flex was an evolution.  I'm guessing they go back to what they know well.

If they do roll with something flexible my money is on Holtby being someone who jumps ship.  He's well known for being a guy who is slow to evolve and I can see him wanting pads made EXACTLY the way they have been for the last few sets.

On 12/26/2019 at 7:45 PM, cwarnar said:

Discuss... What will we see, who will be the first to order a set...

My guess is they take a similar route to JRZ post divorce with Bauer.  But will pros follow suit???

Screenshot_20191226-184305.thumb.png.6eb990842ab150aa9772b3c2a70b4c21.png

So is that Jan 3rd or March 1st? I cant stand the double number date thing. 

15 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that it is gonna be Jonathan Bernier.

The question is how willing is a company to build what a player wants in order to keep said player. What we get and what the pros can get are two separate things in most cases.I have said it before and will repeat again: there are players who roll with whatever changes happen and there are players who feel that they don’t want to concern themselves with changing gear if they don’t have to. Bishop played in the old Tuuk cowling until he could not get them any longer, Brian Elliot played in Supreme 7000 until just before he left the Blues, a few pro goalies played in leather pads long after Jenpro becoming the leading material, a veteran player *just* switched to a different boot after CCM/Reebok ran out of materials for a skate discontinued several years ago, Messier trolled eBay for the old Winnwell helmets and I personally knew a career minor leaguer that retired when his supply of Winnwell helmets and tube blades were gone. CCM will do whatever is needed for pro clients as will Lefebvre; but who has the better pro reps and how quickly will they get said player what they need? 

Archived