Lefevre going solo

cwarnar

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know 100% sure that a first bid from TRUE was rejected from Lefevre.

on January 3 we will see if the discussion with TRUE has evolved, or if Lefevre will work alone, or with some other company.

Don't know why but I have some suspect on Vaughn

2 hours ago, Silence said:

It seems maybe things are leaning to the solo side of things for right now. Personally I would be looking forward to a solo project from them. I currently have a P2 set from that factory and its one of the best sets I have worn.

Such a big upgrade from the P1, it was my first custom set and I hated them! P2s are freaking incredible!

6 hours ago, Silence said:

It seems maybe things are leaning to the solo side of things for right now. Personally I would be looking forward to a solo project from them. I currently have a P2 set from that factory and its one of the best sets I have worn.

I'd love to see them go solo, as their price points would likely be closer to Passau, Kenesky, JRZ, etc, which would be an incredible value.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:39 PM, HP29 said:

I'd love to see them go solo, as their price points would likely be closer to Passau, Kenesky, JRZ, etc, which would be an incredible value.

I doubt that highly.  They know they can command top dollar and would be foolish to price themselves any lower than they had to.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:56 AM, FDB#12 said:

I know 100% sure that a first bid from TRUE was rejected from Lefevre.

on January 3 we will see if the discussion with TRUE has evolved, or if Lefevre will work alone, or with some other company.

Don't know why but I have some suspect on Vaughn

Don’t think Vaughn makes any sense... My best guess, which is not concrete, is that it’s a solo path forward. 

8 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I doubt that highly.  They know they can command top dollar and would be foolish to price themselves any lower than they had to.

I have a feeling they will be more like Factory Mad in their pricing. I may be wrong, but something tells me with their pedigree, they can and will command a premium.

20 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Don’t think Vaughn makes any sense... My best guess, which is not concrete, is that it’s a solo path forward. 

I think the Lefebvres were the brains behind the goalie gear for both Koho and CCM/Reebok, so why would they team up with Vaughn? Unlike JRZ with Bauer,  the Lefebvre name was very prominent with Koho, then CCM/Reebok in all lines, not just the top line.

This is a picture from the side gusset of 1 of the 4 new pads from Lefevre. The B will only be used on a retro model. I believe with 4 lines, they will have a pad for every goalie and not lose any customers who were in CCM gear. There is also some features in the gear that are debuting for the first time on a Lefevre product.

67D3CBEE-6E15-4BC5-ACD2-8B3D5D956C8F.jpeg

9 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is a picture from the side gusset of 1 of the 4 new pads from Lefevre. The B will only be used on a retro model. I believe with 4 lines, they will have a pad for every goalie and not lose any customers who were in CCM gear. There is also some features in the gear that are debuting for the first time on a Lefevre product.

67D3CBEE-6E15-4BC5-ACD2-8B3D5D956C8F.jpeg

I'm going to guess:

- Retroflex Equivalent
- Premier Requivalent
- "Heritage" Pad (soft all around but still a butterfly pad)
- "Traditional" pad going back to the Lefebrve roots.

My guess for the four lines is:

- Traditional / heritage (will prob be equivalent to Brians Heritage)

- Something in the vein of the GM Koho line / Hiller style pad

- Updated P2

- Updated Eflex 

EDIT - Interesting to see the 'B' back in the name on their retro line, I saw on instagram they said that it was originally dropped because of space on pads / bigger logos, but I'm sure I read somewhere ages ago that it was to make the name more palatable for an English speaking audience that would be confused by pronouncing the B??

On 1/1/2020 at 1:01 PM, Puckstopper said:

20 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I have a feeling they will be more like Factory Mad in their pricing. I may be wrong, but something tells me with their pedigree, they can and will command a premium.

Ah, fair play. Hadn’t thought of it that way, how much weight the name carries. 

My 2/3 retail pricing fantasy has died ☹️

Archived