Bauer pro department c/a

Henkkath

There is very little information available of this unit so if anyone has questions feel free to ask.

It is a bauer pro department nhl spec supreme c/a. Bought it from sidelineswap and I'm so surprised how much thicker and protective this is compared to retail units.

Was wearing 2xpro before this and only downgrade is the arm mobility. 

20201121_103935.jpg

• Like 2

Good looking thing. Would be nice to see this IRL.

It keeps me amazed why those big two Bauer and CCM build "NHL only" gear and sell regular customers something downgraded from that. Invest a lot of money to design something special for those few NHL guys (and maybe AHL etc) and then spend some more to design something completely else for regular customers. Like we don't face hefty slapshots or close range snapshots.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

It keeps me amazed why those big two Bauer and CCM build "NHL only" gear and sell regular customers something downgraded from that. Invest a lot of money to design something special for those few NHL guys (and maybe AHL etc) and then spend some more to design something completely else for regular customers. Like we don't face hefty slapshots or close range snapshots.

Yeah, if you live in uusimaa feel free to come and have a look at it!

My highest level icetime is with multiple ex liiga/mestis players and some active div 1/2 players and I often felt like I needed more protection against their shots. It's a friendly pick up but sometimes they miss that top corner and fast bodyshots in my 2x pro often hurt.

Shame that rinks will be closed for adults for the next 3 weeks..

A bit of a long joyrney from Tampere especially on these times of Corona. We'll see if we get to play hockey before Christmas if this disease is spreading faster and faster again.

Well you can sit down and watch television while getting used to your new armour and get ready for the games in the future.

Edited by ArdeFIN

7 hours ago, Henkkath said:

There is very little information available of this unit so if anyone has questions feel free to ask.

It is a bauer pro department nhl spec supreme c/a. Bought it from sidelineswap and I'm so surprised how much thicker and protective this is compared to retail units.

Was wearing 2xpro before this and only downgrade is the arm mobility. 

20201121_103935.jpg

I fully agree with you about the significant difference in protection for the NHL specification and retail product, which the manufacturer positions as a pro. when I changed my usual supreme to a pro return totalone nsg Viktor Fasth I felt a difference in level on the first ice

18 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

I agree, but sadly it comes down to money, in my opinion. If they sell the pro spec unit pictured above, that might price out a lot of goalies and affect sales. So instead, they develop a unit they can easily produce in a cost-effective manner that can be sold in bulk to retailers across the globe and sell as many units as possible. 

This is why we see C/A's from smaller companies perform well, I think. They can develop a solid product and not have to worry about distrubution as much as the bigger guys, building youth/intermediate/ senior units, etc. They can just focus on their product and invest more into it to serve their loyal followings.

4 hours ago, creasecollector said:

I agree, but sadly it comes down to money, in my opinion. If they sell the pro spec unit pictured above, that might price out a lot of goalies and affect sales. So instead, they develop a unit they can easily produce in a cost-effective manner that can be sold in bulk to retailers across the globe and sell as many units as possible. 

This is why we see C/A's from smaller companies perform well, I think. They can develop a solid product and not have to worry about distrubution as much as the bigger guys, building youth/intermediate/ senior units, etc. They can just focus on their product and invest more into it to serve their loyal followings.

I wonder how close to same profits bauer/ccm would get if they just mass produced their real pro stuff and bumped the retail price up by ~100$. I read somewhere that bauer pro units cost 700$ for teams.

• Like 1

I don't see any reason why that NHL spec C/A couldn't be mass produced? And that makes a heck lot of difference in costs. 10 units hand built is the same as prototype 10 units and then make the molds for the parts and start mass production. Sure the material costs are a bit higher for the NHL spec than normal pro, but not that much, no way.

Designing a product is what costs money, a lot of it.

And after all, look at the Supreme from Bauer. 2S is very much the same outlook as S27. So there is a lot of the same included regardless of level of the thing.

The product line could be: NHL spec 1000$, Pro 600$, Advanced 400$, beginner 250$. 

All available for customers and pro players. Would profit the company from every level, and we could choose the unit that fits our level of play. And level of our wallet.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/22/2020 at 2:54 AM, ArdeFIN said:

I don't see any reason why that NHL spec C/A couldn't be mass produced? And that makes a heck lot of difference in costs. 10 units hand built is the same as prototype 10 units and then make the molds for the parts and start mass production. Sure the material costs are a bit higher for the NHL spec than normal pro, but not that much, no way.

Designing a product is what costs money, a lot of it.

And after all, look at the Supreme from Bauer. 2S is very much the same outlook as S27. So there is a lot of the same included regardless of level of the thing.

The product line could be: NHL spec 1000$, Pro 600$, Advanced 400$, beginner 250$. 

All available for customers and pro players. Would profit the company from every level, and we could choose the unit that fits our level of play. And level of our wallet.

17 minutes ago, D6_EBUG said:

Finding one of these in a Medium would be a dream come true.  I snagged a Large from PSH that was in excellent condition but it was just too big.

If you look at the Bauer custom catalog, this pro department C/A is available at retail.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

If you look at the Bauer custom catalog, this pro department C/A is available at retail.

Though MyBauer?  The only customization options I see are pads / glove / blocker...

https://www.bauer.com/en-US/my-bauer-landing-page.html/customize-goalie-gear/mybauer-goal-equipment-612528.html?familyset=ProCustom2021GoalieEquipment&selected=true

7 hours ago, D6_EBUG said:

No.

Literally in the catalog.  Ultrasonic and 2X are in there with custom options as well

image.png.b6e2964e0ee354ae94856252fbbf0fe7.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, D6_EBUG said:

Finding one of these in a Medium would be a dream come true.  I snagged a Large from PSH that was in excellent condition but it was just too big.

Unicorn found!  Just needs an OxyClean bath and it'll be good as new.

IMG_E9775.JPG

IMG_E9777.JPG

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...