M.I.A. Goalies for 2020-2021

RichMan

Halak - Bruins - playing really good so far.  I'm a B's fan so I've seen him play a bunch.  Best tandem in the league in my humble opinion.

Bishop - Stars - think he's injured though?

Binnington - Blues - don't care. Don't like him. Hope he sucks.

Anderson - not actually sure if he ended up anywhere after Ottawa.

Miller - Ducks - saw a highlight of him making a sweet glove save in his iceberg Vaughns.

Salo - Swedish jail.

Edited by Drew37
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Drew37 said:

Why the hate for Binnington?

Anderson is with the Capitals as their 3rd/Taxi goalie (right now he is the backup because samsonov is in AHL to get a rhythm going

12 minutes ago, Charlie T said:

Why the hate for Binnington?

Anderson is with the Capitals as their 3rd/Taxi goalie (right now he is the backup because samsonov is in AHL to get a rhythm going

Mostly I feel he is overrated and overhyped.  Something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Cool to learn that about Anderson.  They pick him up once Lundquist opted out due to his heart condition?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nothing irks me more than goalies that act tough and try and start shit and then back off for the Cavalry. Either step up or stay out.

Yeah, well I don’t think you are as tough as you sound. Why don’t you walk the walk? Take the better part of the day and pay the $150 round trip, hop on a ferry* and come on over her and we’ll talk – I’ll pencil you in for the 29th..

*Be sure to try the crab cakes in the Pacific Buffet – I hear they are absolutely to die for – ta

19 hours ago, Drew37 said:

Mostly I feel he is overrated and overhyped.  Something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Cool to learn that about Anderson.  They pick him up once Lundquist opted out due to his heart condition?

I personally love Binnington's even-keel mindset, but I definitely understand what you mean about being overhyped

After the Hank news, Anderson was signed to a tryout and they kept him.

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Nothing made me happier than seeing Binnington absolutely blow during the "summer" playoffs.

Nothing irks me more than goalies that act tough and try and start shit and then back off for the Cavalry. Either step up or stay out.

That slash on Bishop pissed me off especially, and getting Clifford pissed off only to back away from the fight. Not gonna lie, dude's a bitch

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 6:53 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Nothing made me happier than seeing Binnington absolutely blow during the "summer" playoffs.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CL0u-IsDnlX/?igshid=mgyed9qt07ga

God I hate this guy 

Biggest baby the league has seen In years. What an embarrassment. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, Drew37 said:

Halak - Bruins - playing really good so far.  I'm a B's fan so I've seen him play a bunch.  Best tandem in the league in my humble opinion.

Bishop - Stars - think he's injured though?

Miller - Ducks - saw a highlight of him making a sweet glove save in his iceberg Vaughns.

Salo - Swedish jail.

Wait, Salo is in jail??  Did he retire before he was arrested?

Guys, lets not get overly sensitive here. It is a hockey thread after all and nothing is to be taken personally.

Bennington has some issues that need tending to and if he keeps up this shit he WILL get his ass handed to him by someone who WON'T tolerate his on ice antics. 

3 hours ago, netminder said:

Sounds like it would be an easy chirp to you to throw you off emotionally like they did to him here too. Maybe you hate him because he reminds you of yourself too much?? Thats usually the case

Just trying to figure out why you'd even bother with a comment like that? 

Edited by coopaloop1234

15 minutes ago, netminder said:

He was chirped for being pulled by the other team. Is he supposed to just reach down and touch his toes or do something about it? I thought this was goalie focused website, where's the empathy?

Is he supposed to start mixing it up after getting pulled and immediately dip when confronted? 

Kid is a brat and he's got a decent history of having tantrums. 

https://streamable.com/pfwcd

https://streamable.com/hgsfi

I'd respect him a lot more if 1. These lashing outs were warranted 2. He actually squared up after starting shit. 

Too bad he never does because he knows he'd be just ragdolled

Edited by coopaloop1234

Just now, netminder said:

He hasnt been "ragdolled" because he hasnt done a single thing wrong, let alone suspendable worthy. Sticking up for team mates, pushing players out of his crease, defending the chirps, etc etc is hockey with a "pulse". I can take a trip to excuse-ville with you all day. Maybe tennis is more your jam where interactions like those on ice clips are NOT for the faint of heart...

But I thought I hate him because I'm just like him? 

Just want to get your final stance on this as you seem to be using his actions as an insult against me while simultaneously saying his actions are commendable. 

I don't actually expect a response as you generally never follow through, but hey, worth a shot. 

1 hour ago, netminder said:

Lashing out is never warranted. When you understand that concept is not what Winnington is actually doing here in your clips, and most recently the trash talk he endured, then you'll understand your HATRED for him is ironically the "lashing out" part of your posts.

I don't actually expect a respectable response as you generally never follow through, but hey, worth a shot.

None of my clips showcased him lashing out? Lol. Look, you could at the very least watch the clips. Like minimum. 

His tantrum because of a little trash talk is pretty weak. Maybe he should go play tennis? 

@Mike24

To be fair, he did ask about highlights or news on some goaltenders. Binningtons tantrum does fall in line. 

Still don't get why netminder decided to come in here to start crap with me, but it's kind of his MO at this point 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

Can we mention goalies who retired (quietly)? They are technically MIA for this season. Jimmy Howard decided, after 14yrs, to hang up the skates. As a wings fan, I couldn't be happier, but that's probably not nice to say so I'll just type it instead.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...