2021 Playoffs

MTH

1 hour ago, MTH said:

Nice game last night. 1-0 final game with the Canadiens bringing all they could in the 3rd to tie it. Lightning are a good team. If they can win next year, that would be legendary. It's almost mid-July. I'm sure the NHL wants to have a normal season this fall. These playoff teams will be at a disadvantage for sure with recovery times and all.

Nice to see a packed house for a cup game.

Congrats to TB (again).

The Lightning aren't going to three-peat. Not when they'll have to ice a cap compliant team for the regular season.

• Like 1

As a neutral, this was the most 'meh' final I can remember - underdog vs. a team $19m over the cap, ending exactly as everyone could of predicted. And yes, what TB did was perfectly legal yada yada, but in cap terms that $19m is the equivalent of dropping both Crosby and Malkin onto the Habs and still having enough cap-change for a couple of Pat Maroons (or alternatively Mitch Marner, Morgan Riley and some change - but I'd suggest shopping carefully!).

Pity really because I'm a fan of John Cooper and was glad to see him add a ring at the NHL level last year, but this just sorta felt like when the Red Wings superstar team rolled over the Canes in '02. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Not sure if there’s really anything to this, as some pointed out, but a buddy sent this to me. It’s at least an interesting angle:

It could be not quite the latest stats. My height and weight were exaggerated on the roster card back in the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Not sure if there’s really anything to this, as some pointed out, but a buddy sent this to me. It’s at least an interesting angle:

It's hilarious to see the internet just go off about how C/A size and how Vasy must be cheating.

It's not like it's the camera angle and the fact that Vasy doesn't tuck while Price tucks and puts suspenders over top or anything.

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

That doesn't look real to me.  Vasy looks photoshopped, it looks almost cartoony.  Not denying the legitimacy of this, just saying that photo looks sketchy to me.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's hilarious to see the internet just go off about how C/A size and how Vasy must be cheating.

It's not like it's the camera angle and the fact that Vasy doesn't tuck while Price tucks and puts suspenders over top or anything.

I wonder if he undid his side straps after the game so it's ballooning out more?

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

It's legit but it's definitely an illusion.

Here's another picture form the same game:

cut.jpg.679f9c4b10e9c2c19618b4aa3bc3f82a.jpg

It's another take on the optical illusion of white vs dark gear, as well.

The strangest looking part of the handshake pic is under his arm numbers and the white stripe on the arm.  It looks way too balloony, like his elbow floaters are massive.

Moral of this story for beer league - tuck your chesty to show the girls in the crowd* that you're ripped, not like the untucked slob in the crease at the other end of the ice 💪

* There are probably no girls in the crowd

Edited by raucebyalien

11 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

Moral of this story for beer league - tuck your chesty to show the girls in the crowd* that you're ripped, not like the untucked slob in the crease at the other end of the ice 💪

* There are probably no girls in the crowd

Beer league ripped? I figured we all looked like Fat Pat

This is what peak performance looks like guys. 3 in a row.

index.thumb.jpg.4c0dc350428ca030268d6c347c01ce4f.jpg

the loser man is looking for a reason in himself. the loser pussi is in the opponent. exceeding the salary cap only implies the presence of expensive players in the squad. and to teach them to work back to back and lead to victory is the merit of the coach. Pittsburgh and Washington have expensive players, and where are they? Ovechkin has one of the most expensive contracts - has this somehow helped his team? discussion of Vasya's size on the goalkeeper forum can only cause a smile). who, if not people playing the same position, should know that if you are a dead closet, then you are just a dead closet, nothing more. I have the same height as Vasya and the maximum that I have achieved - 3rd place in the regional championship.

a truly open-minded hockey fan sees that TB has built a winning team. and the Hubs could not oppose anything to it. they somehow miraculously managed to reach the final. but the miracle does not last forever. if Vegas had made it to the finals, the game would have been completely different. and watching her would be much more interesting

6 hours ago, loki1416 said:

I have no idea what what you @ser33 just said. Literally got a headache trying to read that.

He's Russian, so not only does he have a hard on for teams that have Russians, he's also using google translate lol.

Either that or "dead closet" is a new up and coming slang I've never heard of.

14 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He's Russian, so not only does he have a hard on for teams that have Russians, he's also using google translate lol.

I have no goddamn clue what " who, if not people playing the same position, should know that if you are a dead closet, then you are just a dead closet, nothing more." means, but I'm going to start saying it and nodding sagely.

4 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

I have no goddamn clue what " who, if not people playing the same position, should know that if you are a dead closet, then you are just a dead closet, nothing more." means, but I'm going to start saying it and nodding sagely.

That's a piece of wisdom that can only be slurred out at 2AM after a few too many

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

3 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Let's worry less on the meaning of the phrase and focus more on the positive

We've got our "Tommy Salo Retired?" moment on the TGN board, boys

Also do not Google image search "dead closet" - lots of depressing news there

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

probably, it is considered cool for you to make fun of a person who does not speak your language. yes, I am writing via google translator, all questions about speech literacy to its developers

as for my nationality, this, too, should hardly be a reason for jokes. I have no problems with "Russian teams", a huge number of Russians play in the league, a third of whom are goalkeepers. my attitude to TB does not depend on the fact that three Russians are playing in it, I am generally a fan of the Rangers, by the way. so your jokes in my direction are not appropriate

1 minute ago, ser33 said:

probably, it is considered cool for you to make fun of a person who does not speak your language. yes, I am writing via google translator, all questions about speech literacy to its developers

as for my nationality, this, too, should hardly be a reason for jokes. I have no problems with "Russian teams", a huge number of Russians play in the league, a third of whom are goalkeepers. my attitude to TB does not depend on the fact that three Russians are playing in it, I am generally a fan of the Rangers, by the way. so your jokes in my direction are not appropriate

You can tell a lot is lost in translation that you thought I was making fun of you. I was explaining to others why your posts come off as odd as you are reliant on google translate.

And even I was making fun of ya, who cares? Shoot back instead.

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You can tell a lot is lost in translation that you thought I was making fun of you. I was explaining to others why your posts come off as odd as you are reliant on google translate.

And even I was making fun of ya, who cares? Shoot back instead.

Do you understand how difficult it is to shoot back without knowing the language?) With this level of translation, I just don't understand many of your jokes. therefore, I rarely write, realizing that I am difficult to understand. but I read everything

• Like 1