Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

30 minutes ago, seagoal said:

There is guy going around starting fires in my neighborhood at work.  We were setting up to start our sensory analysis this morning and all of a sudden we smelled smoke.  Successive fires every 3 blocks to the south.  Good times.  Oh, city life.

It's ok, I'm sure he'll get rounded up, told not to do that again, and be out and about in no time. 

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

There is guy going around starting fires in my neighborhood at work.  We were setting up to start our sensory analysis this morning and all of a sudden we smelled smoke.  Successive fires every 3 blocks to the south.  Good times.  Oh, city life.

Could be worse.

Philly.

MOVE Bombing: The Story of How Philadelphia Became "The City That Bombed  Itself"

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Also, this is my buddy with the Grubauer connection.  What if he's there??  What am I gonna wear???  OMG.

“Wear”…? 
Canadian thanksgiving is traditionally a no-clothing affair (except for the mandatory toque or hockey helmet).

Can’t believe they didn’t tell you that; could have saved you a lot of stress, worrying what to wear. 

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

“Wear”…? 
Canadian thanksgiving is traditionally a no-clothing affair (except for the mandatory toque or hockey helmet).

Can’t believe they didn’t tell you that; could have saved you a lot of stress, worrying what to wear. 

Can you imagine showing up to Thanksgiving dressed?

He'd look like a massive idiot. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EilaOG30 said:

Also interesting that apart from Detroit, the original six teams are 2-6 and at least double the price of Detroit tickets. 

I think recent economic state and the population has to do with that. I had to look and the population of Detroit has been declining since the 90s from 1M to 630K.

30 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Imagine going to the finals and your season opener tickets are still the cheapest in the league. 

Based on nothing substantial, I would imagine that the Miami area has the highest percentage of population who could not even name the local hockey team of all the NHL markets.

11 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Based on nothing substantial, I would imagine that the Miami area has the highest percentage of population who could not even name the local hockey team of all the NHL markets.

Bet ya that 80%+ of people attending Panthers games are fans of the visitor teams. Same with Arizona. 

Speaking of Arizona, funny to see them so high. Before they changed arenas they were barely ahead of Florida. NHL really trying to capitalize using a NCAA arena lol 

My FiL was a 25-year season ticket holder for the Flyers and gave them up two seasons ago.  Now he just takes us all to the Black Friday game.  Last year he got us Shift4 Club access tickets and we spent more time in the lounge there eating the free food than we did at our seats watching the game.  The past few Flyers games I've been two the last couple seasons have been the lowest energy and most depressing professional sports games I've ever been to, and I grew up on Long Island going to Nassau Coliseum to see the Islanders play like ass.  $50 is too much even for the best seats at Wells Fargo for a Flyers game.

1 hour ago, MTH said:

I wouldn't take free Flyers tickets. Why? Still $30 to park plus whatever you buy inside. I don't even watch them on tv for free, why now pay to?

They’re such a boring team to watch.  I only watch games when there’s no other ones on, and with ESPN there’s almost always another game on so I’m rarely watching Flyers games.