Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

2 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh, and on the goalie pant shells - thanks @seagoal and @MTH. In aggregating your responses, I’m getting a very strong “don’t bother” vibe. I will therefore not bother. None of the pretty boy skaters are doing shells anyway; I was just looking at ways to colour match since the “new pads and mitts” ship has sailed 😥

Personally I don't mind shells as long as they're actually attached to the pants. Warrior and vaughn have their outer belt go through loops meaning you can have the shell use the same belt as the pants. Unfortunately CCM doesn't do that so I just finished sewing on my own loops so I can finally match my team

• Like 1

I dig shells. They look pretty rad. My kids have several as all their teams all have their own. I think as a goalie - it looks pretty great when you're all matched up perfectly.

Some day...

My team just switched to Men's League Sweaters uniforms. The colors are eggplant and teal like the old ducks. Goalie cut is HUGE. Shells were too much teal.

2 hours ago, MTH said:

I dig shells. They look pretty rad. My kids have several as all their teams all have their own. I think as a goalie - it looks pretty great when you're all matched up perfectly.

Some day...

My team just switched to Men's League Sweaters uniforms. The colors are eggplant and teal like the old ducks. Goalie cut is HUGE. Shells were too much teal.

I’m a bigger dude and got a 2XL From MLS and it was comically large, I looked like I was wearing a tent.  My team hooked me up with a new XL one that fits well but is still pretty big.  

Edited by jerd31

On 9/25/2023 at 1:07 PM, MTH said:

I haven't even tried to wear it yet on the ice. Just in the house with another teammate inside with me.

American hockey players Mike Richter and John Vanbiesbrouck, both... News  Photo - Getty Images

Never get tired of seeing this one!

…but I bet you Richter and Beezer are like “can’t believe they made me do that. If I never see that fucking picture again, it will be too soon!”

On 9/27/2023 at 5:47 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Never get tired of seeing this one!

…but I bet you Richter and Beezer are like “can’t believe they made me do that. If I never see that fucking picture again, it will be too soon!”

Richter looks like he's in 8th grade here.

• Haha 1

So one of my teammates' wife is good friends with Grubauer's wife.  She's apparently hanging out with them at their house.  My buddy hasn't been there yet, but they are apparently double dating soon.  Pretty good chance I might get to meet him one day, which will be pretty cool.

I've never met a pro hockey player before in a real life setting, much less a goalie.  I have met a few in professional meet-n-greet settings before, though.  Carter Hart is the one goalie I've met.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, seagoal said:

So one of my teammates' wife is good friends with Grubauer's wife.  She's apparently hanging out with them at their house.  My buddy hasn't been there yet, but they are apparently double dating soon.  Pretty good chance I might get to meet him one day, which will be pretty cool.

I've never met a pro hockey player before in a real life setting, much less a goalie.  I have met a few in professional meet-n-greet settings before, though.  Carter Hart is the one goalie I've met.

So are you going to play it cool? Or are you going to gush? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So are you going to play it cool? Or are you going to gush? 

Haha. Well, it will be a challenge to not talk about goalie stuff.  I don't know anything about horses, which is his thing. We did both move from Denver to Seattle, that might be my in.  He does have nice hair, but prolly won't bring that up.

:)

My buddy told me "Phil" got ahold of him yesterday and told him to bring his kid down to the glass for warmies last night so he can throw him a puck, which he did, of course.  So now, I need to figure out how to break-in to my buddy's house Mission Impossible style, steal that puck, and replace it with a decoy.  I know where he lives. 

4 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

He's probably going to be one of those goalies that can't tell his ass from the ground when it comes to gear. 

I'd bet money on that. 

That'd be a fun thread: speculation on which NHL goalies are gear nerds or not.

Edited by seagoal

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

I'd bet money on that. 

That'd be a fun thread: speculation on which NHL goalies are gear needs or not.

I'm always amazed hearing interviews from some goalies where it's clear that they just use whatever is put in front of them. 

Charlie Lindgren was a guy I was surprised about. Always used Vaughn, rocked the Iceberg graphic, looked like he knew what he liked. 

Nope. Dude used Vaughn as a kid and never tried anything else and had zero idea to any specs or details on any piece of his gear. 

He's in Bauer now, but I wouldn't be the least surprised if that ignorance has followed. 

Happy to report swedish junior hockey has been going well. We won most of our preseason games and regular season started last week.

Ran into a hell of a snag though because even though the swedish ice hockey federation has approved me to play, migrationsverket has not yet approved my residency permit and without it I can't play. Sent my application to Sweden in June and even went to the swedish embassy in DC to get my passport identity confirmed but still nothing.

Anyone have experience with how long this process takes?

There is guy going around starting fires in my neighborhood at work.  We were setting up to start our sensory analysis this morning and all of a sudden we smelled smoke.  Successive fires every 3 blocks to the south.  Good times.  Oh, city life.