Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

On 4/5/2024 at 10:02 AM, MTH said:

Is Turbo Tax as good as using an accountant? I always used a family member for my taxes - but due to family conflicts - I'm not this year.

It's just me and my one job for taxes. Really straightforward. 

I ran them through turbo tax already but didn't file yet. Was looking to ensure this was my best bet.

Little late here....with your situation, make sure your heiny is covered on any real estate taxes and the children.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 5:20 PM, Wonder35 said:

And so it ends ……….. my final game.

Me and my Dummy.

Anyone here care to describe my RVH?  

IMG_9229.jpeg

IMG_9234.jpeg

image000001.jpeg

IMG_9282.jpeg

IMG_9228.jpeg

IMG_9362.jpeg

IMG_9367.jpeg

IMG_9366.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

Congratulations! I think that I wrote it before, but it is AMAZING how you was able to play for that long 👍.

• Like 1

Last season, I subbed for a mid-level C league team and gave up 5 goals.  Wasn’t my best game, but the team also had no business in a mid C league.  I typically play B level and have played a decent amount of A and held my own, so I’m pretty decent.  

I got word from a teammate who occasionally subs for this garbage team that the guy that runs the team said I suck.  Mind you, this guy is a literal ankle bender and should be in an instructional league, but ok I suck.  

So now I’m vengefully following their season and looking to sub for any team that plays against them.  In their first two games, they’re 0-2 with 16 goals against. 

• Like 2

I can totally get behind forming a vendetta - and not in a petty way but in a "hey here's a slap of reality - why don't you join us" way.

55 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

Last season, I subbed for a mid-level C league team and gave up 5 goals.  Wasn’t my best game, but the team also had no business in a mid C league.  I typically play B level and have played a decent amount of A and held my own, so I’m pretty decent.  

I got word from a teammate who occasionally subs for this garbage team that the guy that runs the team said I suck.  Mind you, this guy is a literal ankle bender and should be in an instructional league, but ok I suck.  

So now I’m vengefully following their season and looking to sub for any team that plays against them.  In their first two games, they’re 0-2 with 16 goals against. 

5 hours ago, jerd31 said:

image.jpeg.ae4fde7eb81799c798e2a0ae657717bd.jpeg

• Haha 1

There aren’t many full right goalies in the league right now. One thing I’ve noticed is it seems the ones who are, seem to appear small in net. Like they are playing small. Are they wearing small chest protectors? Are they crouching too low? Is it an optical illusion because they are a mirror image of a regular goalie?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

There aren’t many full right goalies in the league right now. One thing I’ve noticed is it seems the ones who are, seem to appear small in net. Like they are playing small. Are they wearing small chest protectors? Are they crouching too low? Is it an optical illusion because they are a mirror image of a regular goalie?

How many full right guys are even playing right now? 

Lindgren? 

On 3/9/2024 at 4:40 PM, Wonder35 said:

Goodbye Hockey. ......... I am playing my final game on Friday, March 29.

For years my body has been complaining. This time I have listened.

It has been a grand run, 75-80 games per year with my 55+ team and more recently we've morphed into a 70+ squad.

Of course I'll miss it, over 65 years of being a goalie. But following hip, knee and shoulder surgeries the arthritis has won !@#$%^&*. So at age 74 I'm hanging them up. I won't be selling any gear as my Granddaughter is following the Family Curse and is now a 'tender.

It is my plan to drop in every once in a while on this site and take the temperature. But probably won't have much to offer, as if I ever have.

Cheers y'all

Steve Berry

West Kelowna, BC

Canada 

DSC_5942.jpeg

@Wonder35 Steve:  Wow!  Awesome!  Great run!  Many of us old-timers on this site dread this day or cannot fathom its arrival.  Obviously, this is unrealistic.  Everything ends.  Cudos to you for having the emotional intelligence to confront and accept this inevitable and bittersweet moment.  You've truly MOVED THE GOALPOSTS for the rest of us.  As I approached my first hip replacement in 2020, I thought I may never play again.  Immediately after my second hip replacement in Jan. 2024, I was texting my 2 teams and 2 closed pickups about my August 2024 availability.  Your resilience/"no quit" attitude/toughness/fearlessness has been an inspiration to me.  I'm 60, with 48 years in goal, and hoping to approach your impressive longevity.  Thank you Wonder, my Spirit Goalie.  56

P.S.  A detailed photo review sugests your toe cap-post integration in the RVH still needs some work (as does mine 😉🙃😁). 

Edited by FIFTY-SIX
  • Like 2