Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

I need to do something similar,  I can't get it tight enough and late in games I swear it feels like it's gonna fly off.  It actually did come off the other day just covering a puck.

I crank the stock strap down so tight it pulls the padding through the loop.

20230816_172953.jpg

I think we're all in the same boat when it comes to the Mach strapping lol. I've fallen back on the zip tie method and it's been the best so far, but that's not saying much. 

It's a big part of the reason I'm going back to a Warrior mitt. 

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I think we're all in the same boat when it comes to the Mach strapping lol. I've fallen back on the zip tie method and it's been the best so far, but that's not saying much. 

It's a big part of the reason I'm going back to a Warrior mitt. 

Can you point me to the zip tie method?

Yeah, it's unfortunate.  I'm chalking it up to another one of those problems Bauer invented and solved without it actually being a problem....I get the intention and I guess I'm somewhat on board, but this system fails pretty hard.  It's like it goes one step too far under the justification of "maximum wrist mobility."  I'd love something like "75% more wrist mobility", haha.

Otherwise the glove feels great and I really love it.   There are a ton of HL2 gloves near me that I may go flirt with, or, I wonder what the Mach 2 will be like?

14 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, it's unfortunate.  I'm chalking it up to another one of those problems Bauer invented and solved without it actually being a problem....I get the intention and I guess I'm somewhat on board, but this system fails pretty hard.  It's like it goes one step too far under the justification of "maximum wrist mobility."  I'd love something like "75% more wrist mobility", haha.

Otherwise the glove feels great and I really love it.   There are a ton of HL2 gloves near me that I may go flirt with, or, I wonder what the Mach 2 will be like?

F0A1CD8A-849F-4601-AADE-0430FF64AD63.thumb.jpeg.39357c534b4d0ae6a812fd85c7465441.jpegA3161F76-EBF3-4515-AE6D-ACFF8CB16A5A.thumb.jpeg.bd913a74532098170ff878928f92b9f6.jpegD2D92474-D47A-40EC-AEEA-D13FFBF57365.thumb.jpeg.bc0586ec475a0ba6e7dd467f632ef010.jpegYou just put the strap in between the two loops 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, seagoal said:

If you look at Bauer Mach Set - Initial Impressions & Long Term Review it’s the last quote in there. 

2 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

If you look at Bauer Mach Set - Initial Impressions & Long Term Review it’s the last quote in there. 

Oh I see, so even though it moves the pressure point closer to the fingers than the lower loop it allows the strap to be cranked down tighter than either of the loops?

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

Oh I see, so even though it moves the pressure point closer to the fingers than the lower loop it allows the strap to be cranked down tighter than either of the loops?

Not really. It's about the same.  It's just the connection point is better. 

The issue with the Mach system is that all they essentially did was delete the wrist strap, but failed to actually adjust the attachment point. 

The Zip tie method makes it closer to Warrior, which is still hands down the best wristless glove and it's not even close. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Buddy on my team took a stick up high last night in our semi-finals. Wears a visor (properly too).

Dude got lucky. 

WhatsAppImage2023-08-23at10_18_55.thumb.jpeg.d6c01e6f8f4a761b9f67cc411a57681e.jpeg

I had a kid on my team a few weeks ago get cross-checked from behind and rode in to the boards and broke his femur.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is just me but I noticed when catching pucks on the glove side of my body I tend to close the glove 580/thumbs up style but when catching more actively with my hands far out in front of me I catch the puck more first baseman/pinch/600 style.

That would probably explain why it's hard for me to find a glove

34 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure if this is just me but I noticed when catching pucks on the glove side of my body I tend to close the glove 580/thumbs up style but when catching more actively with my hands far out in front of me I catch the puck more first baseman/pinch/600 style.

That would probably explain why it's hard for me to find a glove

So that explains why you can’t catch a puck to save your life 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1