Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

Just booked myself a vacation trip to Montreal in October and got myself a ticket to MTL v NJD.  Pretty excited to eat some good food, see the sights, and do some serious puck hunting for my collection.  I hope to get up to the local QMJHL arena to get one there, for sure, as well as a Canadiens one, of course. 

I'm hoping a certain Ottawaian/Ottawan/Ottawaster/Ottawaarian ???? on this forum makes the drive over to have some poutine and beers for lunch with me and take me to some gear shops........we shall see.

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Just booked myself a vacation trip to Montreal in October and got myself a ticket to MTL v NJD.  Pretty excited to eat some good food, see the sights, and do some serious puck hunting for my collection.  I hope to get up to the local QMJHL arena to get one there, for sure, as well as a Canadiens one, of course. 

I'm hoping a certain Ottawaian/Ottawan/Ottawaster/Ottawaarian ???? on this forum makes the drive over to have some poutine and beers for lunch with me and take me to some gear shops........we shall see.

Gotta get some Montreal smoked meat. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Haven't been to Ottawa, but Quebec city was really, really cool based off of the old architecture and sights.  

Yeah, as far as videos and pics it looks much nicer than Ottawa.  It's a 2h 45m drive from Montreal.  I wonder what are the chances I can find a Nordiques puck?

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

What do you guys think is a better day trip if I rented a car in Montreal: Quebec City or Ottawa? Any other good options for la less than 3 hour drive?

Quebec City is nicer than Ottawa for sightseeing, but also since you are coming for when the leaves are turning, going up north to Mont Tremblant (closer to Montreal - https://www.tremblant.ca/mountain-village) or Algonquin/Chelsea (really close to Ottawa) for a hike would be nice too.

Edited by johncho
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, johncho said:

Quebec City is nicer than Ottawa for sightseeing, but also since you are coming for when the leaves are turning, going up north to Mont Tremblant (closer to Montreal - https://www.tremblant.ca/mountain-village) or Algonquin/Chelsea (really close to Ottawa) for a hike would be nice too.

Thanks buddy, I'll spend some time looking into that place, sounds wonderful.  Late October is so delightful, I can't wait.

22 hours ago, seagoal said:

Oh, man - would be nice, but I’m so jammed up with minor hockey stuff, I don’t know if I’ll be able to get there (will PM you).

Was on the ice for a total of 7 hours this weekend doing rust off and sort outs (and then had my own game Sunday night). Then another 3 hours today at 5:00. 

There are simply not enough volunteers. 😞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh, man - would be nice, but I’m so jammed up with minor hockey stuff, I don’t know if I’ll be able to get there (will PM you).

Was on the ice for a total of 7 hours this weekend doing rust off and sort outs (and then had my own game Sunday night). Then another 3 hours today at 5:00. 

There are simply not enough volunteers. 😞

Seagoal: Lucky, I'm on vacation in Canada, come eat poutine and drink beer with me.

LuckyPucker: Can't bro, I'm living the good life.

Seagoal: Damn.

Pretty heart warming story last night in the 40+ league last night.  Game 1 was last night. There was an unknown name on our roster with no rating.  I get the rink early of course and as I was passing the board with the locker room assignments, there was and older gentlemen looking up at it with his gear.  I asked him if he needed help and he said Yes.  He said he was on the White team, which is my team.  So I introduce myself and it's the unknown name on our roster.  So I give him the run down of the rink and the board, walk him to the locker room.  Turns out he's brand new to hockey and decided for his 60th birthday last year to treat himself to Learn To Play because he thought hockey looked so fun from watching Kraken games.  This was going to be his first real game ever and he was really nervous.  Super nice guy and as the boys started piling into the room, we all welcomed him and the boys started chirping him for his shiny new gear and giving him a good intro to hockey culture, haha.

Home boy got dressed WAY to quick in all his new gear but he did great. We ended up winning 4-1 and he spent a lot of time getting up from falling but he got a shot on goal, probably because of course, I let him score in warmies :)

Good times.  Hockey players are the best.

• Like 2