Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I did enjoy their cuddle session too. 

Reaves came into this season all hot and heavy, pumping a bicep in the player intros and stuff. And in the Leafs nation, that played well since they haven’t had guts or character since Wendell and Gilmour.

But then Wifi comes in, throws Reaves around, and tells Leafs nation:

IMG_5417.gif

6 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Reaves came into this season all hot and heavy, pumping a bicep in the player intros and stuff. And in the Leafs nation, that played well since they haven’t had guts or character since Wendell and Gilmour.

But then Wifi comes in, throws Reaves around, and tells Leafs nation:

IMG_5417.gif

I'm all for Toronto putting in Reeves during the playoffs. I'm sure there's been zero issues with him taking up a valuable roster spot to sit on the bench. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm all for Toronto putting in Reeves during the playoffs. I'm sure there's been zero issues with him taking up a valuable roster spot to sit on the bench. 

I fucking hate the Leafs. But I think it’s a good (maybe even great) move for the Leafs overall. 
That said, see earlier comment about fucking hating the Leafs.

…and while I don’t hate them, I’ve been calling the Oilers “Toronto - West” for a few years now. Too many parallels to deny.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I fucking hate the Leafs. But I think it’s a good (maybe even great) move for the Leafs overall. 
That said, see earlier comment about fucking hating the Leafs.

…and while I don’t hate them, I’ve been calling the Oilers “Toronto - West” for a few years now. Too many parallels to deny.

I'll give the Oilers some credit in the notion that they're not Playoff chokers. 

But that's through sheer will from Draisaitl and McDavid lol. At least those two actually care unlike Pedo stache Matthews and Marner. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

On 9/23/2023 at 8:45 AM, Lucky Pucker said:

Update on my new league: they had a “draft night” at the bar near the arena last night. It was really just a great bunch of guys drinking beer, eating pizza, chirping each other and laughing. Then there may have been some karaoke…

The 6 team captains had  met earlier in the week , and sorted out the teams by committee, to ensure balance. So last night was really just the Captains going up and naming their rosters. I have ended up with the Whalers, which I’m super stoked about! As a Habs fan, I always admired our Adams-division rivals from Conec… Coneti… HARTFORD, and their sweaters have always been among my favourites. Here is our league’s spin in the classic.

Was hoping that I could leverage this into new gear to match the sweater, but my lawyer wife saw right through my bullshit arguments, and I had to settle with new vinyl for my mask. I might sneak a roll of green tape into the house if I can find the right shade…

IMG_5389.jpeg

IMG_5391.webp

Rush job, but got the vinyl on this afternoon. Went a bit off-script from the Custom Cages pictures. But then it’s my fucking mask and vinyl.

wondering about green pad skins to cover the red colour zones in my gear… did a quick and dirty mock up to get an idea. Not quite the right green, but I think it might work

IMG_5419.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Rush job, but got the vinyl on this afternoon. Went a bit off-script from the Custom Cages pictures. But then it’s my fucking mask and vinyl.

wondering about green pad skins to cover the red colour zones in my gear… did a quick and dirty mock up to get an idea. Not quite the right green, but I think it might work

IMG_5419.jpeg

image.jpeg

It'll be close enough that it'll work well enough for the beer leagues. 

It's not like any of my gear matches colours. It's all different shades of red. 

20231013_145026.thumb.jpg.32bb276d0775f8a63d8d8012d696014d.jpg

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It'll be close enough that it'll work well enough for the beer leagues. 

It's not like any of my gear matches colours. It's all different shades of red. 

20231013_145026.thumb.jpg.32bb276d0775f8a63d8d8012d696014d.jpg

Definitely close enough though. And the green not matching is just because I didn’t waste too much time trying to colour match in MS Paint - lol!

Been playing for roughly....30 years now and I am pretty sure I had my first ever short-handed 3 on 1 last night on the Silvertips rink.  This was the last of our divisional seeding games and these guys are one letter above us, 4a to our 4b.  They seemed potentially low 3 to me, clearly a step or 2 above my team and enough for me to never feel relaxed.  I felt like they were within reach for sure, but kinda left me feeling uncalibrated to their level, so to speak.

Anyway, we have a PP in their zone.  Turnover.....gone. Shorthanded 3 on 1 up ice, they gain the zone, puck carrier on my left, to the face off dot, pass to center high slot, pass to halfway between dot and crease to my right, one timer slam dunk, I push, slide, played it perfectly, but just too slow.  Puck hit me under my skate and in, couldn't get to that right post quick enough.   First shot of the game, in.  So I think "ok, here we go. They are toying with us."

Ended up 5-2 L, not terrible.  4th for sure did not go in as it hit the outside of the post and between my calves in the crease, so really 4-2 but oh well.  One goal I didn't track well from a shot from their D as they were cycling on a PP, but otherwise did ok. No shame in losing a close game to a better team. 

I definitely do not think these guys belong with us, wherever we end up.  We played another 4a team last week and lost 3-2 but we could have won that game easily and those guys and us should be together.

Good times and onward.

Edited by seagoal