Hyperlite Glove oddities

evann

Hello all,

I recently bought a pair of HyperLite gloves from sideline swap. They were Ivan Prosvetov's, an Arizona prospect. He had a hell of a game last night against the Avalanche btw. He used the gloves last season for the Tucson Roadrunners in the AHL. I had the pocket re-laced, since it seemed really tight. Aside from that, the glove is as it came in the mail. I've been on the ice with it once (Ontario lockdown), and the glove feels great. I've never used a pro palm before so it's a little stiffer then I'm used to, and it's my first non-Lefevre glove since I was in Peewee.

I noticed some differences between the glove and the stock HyperLite. Like how the double tee seems to be some type of offset double tee, where one of the tees directly touches the break, which I didn't know existed. This is it compared to Hockey Review's HyperLite.

IMG_3335.thumb.jpeg.0c6d06384c143decc181acd012d751ca.jpeg1065415906_ScreenShot2022-01-15at3_49_20PM.png.0709f7e6f456cff068f8ca424e141261.png

Also, the uncovered material on the back on the glove is in a different place compared to TGN's HyperLite glove.

IMG_3334.thumb.jpeg.98471e00218f4cdc1cb619fa79264085.jpeg1212775457_ScreenShot2022-01-15at3_47_07PM.thumb.png.71b0299eab3db29067cc6a068703ea89.png

I forgot to take a pic of it, but the Kay Whitmore signature is on the glove, so it is nhl legal.

Here are some more pics of identifying features: 

IMG_3336.thumb.jpeg.9ae48da5bdbc2f74b8b02416942ceb51.jpegIMG_3337.thumb.jpeg.ba203a4ca4775931ba23cdb04b642448.jpeg

Does this seem like some sort of one-off glove? Or a clone of another glove? Maybe a prototype? 

I can see Prosvetov wanting to try an offset double T, but I can't find any pictures of the triangle of exposed material on the back of the glove the way this has it.

I'd love to see what y'all think.

Edited by evann
Removed 2 pics

Welcome!

I have always maintained the stance that pros and elite are your best R&D, so some of these features could be pre-production items as well as a request from the player in question. Many times, what’s inside could easily be last generation’s innards. Unless you could talk to the goalie in question or their pro rep, all of these things I have said are conjecture. 

1 hour ago, RedX said:

Pro gloves can always differ then retail. But my best guess is that it’s a 2XPro with the Hyperlite graphic. 

Looks to be the case, given the MFG date (12/20). 

Here's another 2X I pulled off SLS, it's a pro return for another player and the gloves match up in the areas in question

image.png.b209cceb12b7119a376a10b2b057ec6d.pngimage.png.52db79abd781865f406ffb0613978d07.png

51 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Looks to be the case, given the MFG date (12/20). 

Here's another 2X I pulled off SLS, it's a pro return for another player and the gloves match up in the areas in question

image.png.b209cceb12b7119a376a10b2b057ec6d.pngimage.png.52db79abd781865f406ffb0613978d07.png

Thanks! Looks like the same specs to me. I think the only difference is that my glove has no stitching in the palm which made me think it wasn't a 2xPro at first

There's some familiarity to Ultrasonic?

Edit: gotta be me looking it wrong, or maybe had 1X in my mind on some details. 2X is a lot more like Supreme line which propably also helps with these Hyperlite skinned as Ultrasonic etc mods.

Edited by ArdeFIN

• 3 weeks later...

Found a really nice feature on Bauer website where you can use a slider to compare differences between Hyperlite and Ultrasonic. Not to say it's a perfectly aligned one but gives an easy insight to how the gloves differ at thumb, break, pocket, T-alignment and sizing and whatever else you want to compare.hyper-ultra.thumb.jpg.371b11f2a0df07cbbbfe9cd96a81f4dc.jpg

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m going to hijack this thread, 

I have what a believe is some sort of prototype blocker branded as Hyperlite. It’s an Ultra Sonic board and sidewall but it has a different cuff then both the Ultrasonic and the Hyperlite.  

There is wide open cuff. A similar style to the 2-Piece (1x) style but wide open after the palm.
 I’m not sure if it was cut out or made without it, but certainly an oddity.

C37373D8-F62C-455C-8A3E-ACAE4CBFB502.jpeg

70C7C884-DBA3-4DA0-9C60-6FD12DC30345.jpeg

3CE666E6-E098-41A5-99C8-951B85D5A192.jpeg

Edited by RedX

3 hours ago, RedX said:

I have what a believe is some sort of prototype blocker branded as Hyperlite. It’s an Ultra Sonic board and sidewall but it has a different cuff then both the Ultrasonic and the Hyperlite.  

There is wide open cuff. A similar style to the 2-Piece (1x) style but wide open after the palm.

Interesting, could be a proto but I'm leaning more toward it being a custom order.  Hyperlite with Ultrasonic board and sidewall is a custom option with Bauer.

If it has the stock Hyperlite graphic in the front I'm like 90% sure we're looking at custom

The Vapor/Hyperlite family has used the thinner board since 2X, I don't see them winding back on that for a prototype.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Interesting, could be a proto but I'm leaning more toward it being a custom order.  Hyperlite with Ultrasonic board and sidewall is a custom option with Bauer.

If it has the stock Hyperlite graphic in the front I'm like 90% sure we're looking at custom

The Vapor/Hyperlite family has used the thinner board since 2X, I don't see them winding back on that for a prototype.

It’s all white no graphic. The only Hyperlite feature is the logo.
I haven’t seen the Mach blocker in hand yet, it could be a proto for that line. I’m 90% sure it’s a prototype, I just don’t know for what. 
The blocker came from a kid who has been getting early release Bauer/Prototype/Demo gear for a couple of years. 

Maybe this was a way of combining the 2 piece (1X) open cuff and an Ultrasonic. Before deciding to resurrect that blocker for custom? 

Edited by RedX

15 hours ago, RedX said:

C37373D8-F62C-455C-8A3E-ACAE4CBFB502.jpeg

70C7C884-DBA3-4DA0-9C60-6FD12DC30345.jpeg

3CE666E6-E098-41A5-99C8-951B85D5A192.jpeg

I’ll take a picture when I get back to from away games but that reminds me of my 2s pro blocker (with the cuff cut off) almost exactly. Does it have the ultrasonic palm with neoprene on the back of the fingers?

59 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I’ll take a picture when I get back to from away games but that reminds me of my 2s pro blocker (with the cuff cut off) almost exactly. Does it have the ultrasonic palm with neoprene on the back of the fingers?

Yeah it does, it has a tighter fit on the backhand then my UltraSonic but its the same soft neoprene style palm. 

the biggest thing is the glove just ending and not continuing into a any sort of cuff. I am not sure if this was cut off or made like that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, RedX said:

This blocker cuff is on the new Mach!

@TheGoalNet

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought I’d continue to add to this thread.

580 Hyperlite. We’ve seen these gloves float around a while. This one’s interesting as it has the updated Hyperlite backhand. 

A lot of times the Pro only options don’t really see a lot of running updates. For example the tagged “Alt 590” Bauer gloves remained fairly unchanged despite updated graphics.  

BE0CCFF4-BE2E-4CE2-9B7B-E4A9994504C0.jpeg

0EF7C6D4-FE41-4E3F-BEE0-8ACB41BCEB95.jpeg

1313A3C0-DB9C-4553-86E9-89CAD2AC5CD1.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedX said:

I thought I’d continue to add to this thread.

580 Hyperlite. We’ve seen these gloves float around a while. This one’s interesting as it has the updated Hyperlite backhand. 

A lot of times the Pro only options don’t really see a lot of running updates. For example the tagged “Alt 590” Bauer gloves remained fairly unchanged despite updated graphics. 

You've discovered @BadAngle41's unicorn

• 3 months later...

I have a Reimer bauer 580 and will probably take it apart here soon to pad it out for its third season of use. I have beat the living hell out of this glove but the plastics and structural foam are still good. I wish I could get another but I may be reduced to ordering a bauer set and CCM glove next year (not a huge fan of ccms 580s)

Edited by ThatCarGuy