Prolaces Thread

• 4 months later...

I got my ProLaces directly from prolaces.ca, I have no idea what club previous users were talking about.

Anyway, I really like them. The only issue I've had with mine so far is that the skate lace that comes with them to hold them has fallen off one of the pads. It must have been shredded somehow. I have replaced it with a spare cord for my backup dangler. They hold my skate tightly to the pad, yet give me the freedom to move and push. I also use them for ball hockey, but it is sometimes painful to have them twisted around my leg without a Lundy loop on my shoes. I'll see if I can get my next pair of sneakers with a Lundy loop, or else spring for special ball hockey shoes. Then I can use them to their full potential in both sports. 

• 1 month later...

My back up pair (thus the blue) of prolaces have been installed in the 2S pads. 

Pretty confident in taking these out now for a first time. 

Beauty of prolaces is the consistent length of these. No mucking around with knots and/or tightness. 

20220612_115300.thumb.jpg.d476a7abeb68998ba8fcad36f1a47f65.jpg

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

9CE55804-68ED-4AAA-B8DF-B6687F5614ED.thumb.jpeg.d6dd6ec3d1af61a82d882f38ebcc15e3.jpeg

Uh oh, the straps on the bottom pad pictured no longer have elasticity. Actually the elastic inside the skate-lace covering is severed on either side of the anchor piece. I think one side was severed before and the other side went last night. 

Should I use it like that or should I cut the skate lace and try and tie knots with the elastic on each anchor hole?

FYI, I got these in June 2018.

4 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

9CE55804-68ED-4AAA-B8DF-B6687F5614ED.thumb.jpeg.d6dd6ec3d1af61a82d882f38ebcc15e3.jpeg

Uh oh, the straps on the bottom pad pictured no longer have elasticity. Actually the elastic inside the skate-lace covering is severed on either side of the anchor piece. I think one side was severed before and the other side went last night. 

Should I use it like that or should I cut the skate lace and try and tie knots with the elastic on each anchor hole?

FYI, I got these in June 2018.

Looks like you got 4 years of use out of them and they're not expensive to replace

• Like 1

So I found the right amount of slack needed, tied a knot and fed the laces through the loop. Worked well last night. These pads, Simmons 586 Hybrid, have enough torsional flex that this is not a problem. So I’m going with the zero-cost option right now. Also, the bolts are locked in place, so I’d need to drill them out to remove the tab, if I were to replace the Prolaces. Don’t want to deal with that right now. These pads are almost ten years old. I’m keeping them alive with many low-cost options.E0B33B49-7464-4EA2-A244-26B18C22AB11.thumb.jpeg.acf183272148888a4f97ac69a488fa92.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone make the switch from the standard armor version to the hybrid with the gap? I think mine might be coming due for a replacement (2+ years, 1-2 times a week at least) and I’m curious to try  the hybrid. 

Just curious if there’s much of a change. 

Edited by indykrap