Prolaces Thread

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

How'd you like them?

They worked great; I felt like they had the correct amount of tension at all times and were not as bulky as the original Brian's "smart toe" straps. The best part is that the un-stretched length of the bungee is shorter than most of the other versions of this kind of toe tie - I have a smaller skate, so those would either be loose, or I'd have to cross over the ends so much that the velcro was barely overlapping anymore. The ProLaces are perfect in this regard.

1 hour ago, Teezle said:

They worked great; I felt like they had the correct amount of tension at all times and were not as bulky as the original Brian's "smart toe" straps. The best part is that the un-stretched length of the bungee is shorter than most of the other versions of this kind of toe tie - I have a smaller skate, so those would either be loose, or I'd have to cross over the ends so much that the velcro was barely overlapping anymore. The ProLaces are perfect in this regard.

Glad it worked out for you!

I apologize if this has been asked already, but those of you that use these, do the velcro straps hold up a decent amount of time? I used the first version of the Brian's smart straps and they did not work well, as the velcro wore out after a couple weeks. I've tried a couple different options which seem to function well, but don't last (often breaking mid game) and I keep going back to regular laces.

I ordered a set of prolaces in the TGN spec, based on a lot of the reviews, but I was curious as to how they are holding up, specifically at the attachment point 

26 minutes ago, Flyers27 said:

I apologize if this has been asked already, but those of you that use these, do the velcro straps hold up a decent amount of time? I used the first version of the Brian's smart straps and they did not work well, as the velcro wore out after a couple weeks. I've tried a couple different options which seem to function well, but don't last (often breaking mid game) and I keep going back to regular laces.

I ordered a set of prolaces in the TGN spec, based on a lot of the reviews, but I was curious as to how they are holding up, specifically at the attachment point 

They're very durable.  They're not just Jenpro and and the velcro piece.  Beefed up and able to take a lickin!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Can someone please measure the length of the elastic for me? Just want to make sure mine ARE senior size.

Been using mine since the beginning of the season and I find them real tight to my skates and they make my pads rotate out when I get back into my stance (when you gotta wack them back into place with your glove/blocker).

Been using the suggested method of looping through the runners, and my skates are only size 9. 😬

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

Can someone please measure the length of the elastic for me? Just want to make sure mine ARE senior size.

Been using mine since the beginning of the season and I find them real tight to my skates and they make my pads rotate out when I get back into my stance (when you gotta wack them back into place with your glove/blocker).

Been using the suggested method of looping through the runners, and my skates are only size 9. 😬

Which version are you using?

21 hours ago, RichMan said:

The Pro Laces are shorter than almost every other aftermarket option out there. I loop them through the bolt section of my cowl and around the heel section post or through the Lundy loop.  I used to loop my Monsters (and my Vaughn “Vaughnsters”) several times as it seemed there were miles of elastic cord! I may revisit how I wrap my Pro Laces. Still like them better than the traditional elastics (Monster, Vaughnster, Kenesky, et.al.). The materials and construction are definitely superior.  

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The Pro Laces are shorter than almost every other aftermarket option out there. I loop them through the bolt section of my cowl and around the heel section post or through the Lundy loop.  I used to loop my Monsters (and my Vaughn “Vaughnsters”) several times as it seemed there were miles of elastic cord! I may revisit how I wrap my Pro Laces. Still like them better than the traditional elastics (Monster, Vaughnster, Kenesky, et.al.). The materials and construction are definitely superior.  

Yes, the quality is very present. Only issue I have, other than what I already mentioned, is that they printed the number on the same side for both attachments which means one of the pads has the numbers facing down unfortunately. Minor oops but for 40$, I would of liked better attention to detail. I didn't bother bringing it up to them. 

Here is how I'm looping mine. I have the no cowling Vapors, same principle still.

image2 (1).jpeg

Edited by RichMan

8 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Yes, the quality is very present. Only issue I have, other than what I already mentioned, is that they printed the number on the same side for both attachments which means one of the pads has the numbers facing down unfortunately. Minor oops but for 40$, I would of liked better attention to detail. I didn't bother bringing it up to them. 

Here is how I'm looping mine. I have the no cowling Vapors, same principle still.

image2 (1).jpeg

I can understand the frustration.

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

image2 (1).jpeg

That's my picture :giggle: .  I'll pm you my number.  If you don't text me to remind me I'll never remember in 8 hours when I get out of work.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, RichMan said:

https://www.ledroit.com/actualites/le-fil-groupe-capitales-medias/pro-laces-est-devenu-un-incontournable-ffd03a2a1b9cf1f1ae4d1cc12e32dac7

For you non-francophones out there, I'll get straight to the juicy punch:

Pro-Laces has signed with Lefevre.

image.png.3716dcd996fc6b124dc9557415640739.png

*apparently GIFs don't work now , ughhh

giphy.gif.0bfd6be1931fee031009ee1efd3e7e21.gif

Gifs work just fine.

14 hours ago, RichMan said:

https://www.ledroit.com/actualites/le-fil-groupe-capitales-medias/pro-laces-est-devenu-un-incontournable-ffd03a2a1b9cf1f1ae4d1cc12e32dac7

For you non-francophones out there, I'll get straight to the juicy punch:

Pro-Laces has signed with Lefevre.

image.png.3716dcd996fc6b124dc9557415640739.png

*apparently GIFs don't work now , ughhh

Merci pour le lien! Great little write up there. Kinda want to send it to my Father in law, and say "hey! I have these on my pads!!!"

• 1 month later...

Yeah after trying the TGN spec pro laces I won’t ever use anything else. The G4 / GT2 straps are ok but having them offset to the inside is perfect and I never have an issue. I broke one (somehow not sure) and switched back to the bungies that came with my G4’s and its no where close.