Aegis Padded Base Layers

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

More to come very soon… fire away with questions 

AEGIS Impact Protection Interceptor Pro Goalie Base Layer Bottom.png

AEGIS Impact Protection Interceptor Pro Goalie Base Layer Top.png

Aside from the part of the neck guard that actually goes around the neck, could the shirt technically replace rest of the neck guard?

Any pricing on the pants? And will this all be Pure exclusive?

Oh and most importantly, for @coopaloop1234’s sake, how small of parts can the cup pouch hold? Like xxxxxxs?

Edited by A.YOUNGoalie13
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

Guessing Aegis bought them out?

https://www.oneiric.ca/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwrfymBhCTARIsADXTabku4tF6FZE6SDUiS3ADZt_cl5w4c1BdhN_J8eqs89z9yGksGC0Y1A4aAqeFEALw_wcB

Says they are closing Aug.31st. for good. Really interested in these from Aegis, I already own the Bauer shirt and pants set with the padding in them but like the ideas Aegis has in these.

Well I'm glad you brought this news up. 

I've been using these base layers for a few years now, absolutely love them. At least I managed to grab one more before they closed. 

Thanks. 

Would be cool if they added the inner thigh padding these had.  I took a freak inner thigh inline shot and bought these over a decade ago.  I have two pairs that are almost decayed and Shock Doctor discontinued these.  I know the chances are low of a shot there, but I liked having the padding there evere since.  

ultra-padded-martial-arts-shorts-200x243.jpg

11 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Would be cool if they added the inner thigh padding these had.  I took a freak inner thigh inline shot and bought these over a decade ago.  I have two pairs that are almost decayed and Shock Doctor discontinued these.  I know the chances are low of a shot there, but I liked having the padding there evere since.  

ultra-padded-martial-arts-shorts-200x243.jpg

We definitely had that concept at some point in the project.

at some point in the project.

Each new padding pouch increased the cost significantly and increased the manufacturing complexity. We tried to find the balance between something unique and not over priced 

I use the Aegis neckguard and am very happy with it so I am excited about these new products. I do have two questions:

1.} Will these be ready for the start of this upcoming season?

2.} I understand the concept behind having the D30 in impact areas such as the clavicle, ribs etc. However, as the foam hardens upon impact wouldn't that create a not so soft landing zone for the knee area or is the impact from the butterfly drop not enough to change this property in the foam?

• Like 1

Why is there grip on the arms of the shirt? Seems like it could hinder necessary movements by restricting the chest from sliding back and forth on the arm. Grip on the back of the sleeve in the elbow would make sense but not the front

And why is there only one bicep piece included? I wouldn't think it would cost that much more to have another considering the protection it would be worth

Pants look sweet but I'm with the others, they need velcro tabs

On 8/19/2023 at 1:13 AM, wigalicous said:

I use the Aegis neckguard and am very happy with it so I am excited about these new products. I do have two questions:

1.} Will these be ready for the start of this upcoming season?

2.} I understand the concept behind having the D30 in impact areas such as the clavicle, ribs etc. However, as the foam hardens upon impact wouldn't that create a not so soft landing zone for the knee area or is the impact from the butterfly drop not enough to change this property in the foam?

1. its available now on their website

2. It's multiple density foam on the knees. There is a cushioning layer.

On 8/19/2023 at 8:18 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

Why is there grip on the arms of the shirt? Seems like it could hinder necessary movements by restricting the chest from sliding back and forth on the arm. Grip on the back of the sleeve in the elbow would make sense but not the front

And why is there only one bicep piece included? I wouldn't think it would cost that much more to have another considering the protection it would be worth

Pants look sweet but I'm with the others, they need velcro tabs

I have never had a chest protector with arms that didn't slide down during games. Like everything, it's a preference, so maybe it doesn't doesn't work for everyone, but I think it's one of the killer features.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have never had a chest protector with arms that didn't slide down during games. Like everything, it's a preference, so maybe it doesn't doesn't work for everyone, but I think it's one of the killer features.

It's one of those things that once you have you can't see going back to not having IMO.

4 hours ago, johncho said:

Yeah the pants not having a sock tab is a non-starter for me unfortunately.

As stated above, completely understand

There's some deadlines to hit, price points to consider, etc.

Our assumption was that 50/50 of goalies who wear socks. So for iteration 1, we wanted to stick our timeline and budget and so we cut the sock tab from the product.

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Our assumption was that 50/50 of goalies who wear socks. So for iteration 1, we wanted to stick our timeline and budget and so we cut the sock tab from the product.

You have a buyer in me if/when V2.0 comes out.

Big fan of the multi density knee landing, as I feel the Vaughn/Bauer ones lack in actual comfort. The grip knee and achilles protection is a great add.

7 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Do you work for Aegis or directly with?

The lack of the pads in the inner thigh on the pants is something that would make me apprehensive to purchase. The rest of the leg unit looks really good (especially the knees and cut resistant area), I stopped wearing socks once I started wearing a full length underlayer.

33 minutes ago, keeperton said:

Do you work for Aegis or directly with?

The lack of the pads in the inner thigh on the pants is something that would make me apprehensive to purchase. The rest of the leg unit looks really good (especially the knees and cut resistant area), I stopped wearing socks once I started wearing a full length underlayer.

Independent consultant and field tester, not an employee.

Same answer as the sock velcro. We had a budget and a deadline. Unfortunately, you can't include everything.

Sock Velcro was a known a pending "concern" among potential buyers, this one I am more surprised about.  We did talk about this feature, but didn't want to add too much bulk for a niche feature too. How often are you getting hit where the shot goes through the pants and hits the base layer?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Independent consultant and field tester, not an employee.

Same answer as the sock velcro. We had a budget and a deadline. Unfortunately, you can't include everything.

Sock Velcro was a known a pending "concern" among potential buyers, this one I am more surprised about.  We did talk about this feature, but didn't want to add too much bulk for a niche feature too. How often are you getting hit where the shot goes through the pants and hits the base layer?

No worries, was mostly curious. Maybe when I get my newer pants in the inner-thigh shots will be less of a concern as they were few and far between anyway (maybe like once an adult league season, playing 3-4 times a week). They were often freak shots, but did hurt.

Edited by keeperton

5 minutes ago, keeperton said:

No worries, was mostly curious. Maybe when I get my newer pants in the inner-thigh shots will be less of a concern as they were few and far between anyway (maybe like once an adult league season, playing 3-4 times a week). They were often freak shots, but did hurt.

everyone plays different and don't mean to sound critical, always sensitive with these situation... but I have never been hit there and that's why I have always been surprised with padding there? So if you had a use case, like an RVH technique or something, very interested to learn