Vaughn Gear

TheGoalNet

Just now, seagoal said:

Damnit,  Doobie. 

That sucks. I was hoping to hear some good news from you anyday now.

Are you taking them or sending them back?

In the process of deciding what im going to do.... Buddy from the store that ordered them is in convo with Vaughn... so we will see.  I'm a little steamy right now as you could imagine,  but i really cant wait another 4.5 months to get the right gloves either...  decisions decisions...

Yeah, I hear you.

In screw-up situations they can put a rush on them, supposedly. 

Sorry,  man. It's so disappointing when they can't just follow a spec sheet. There shouldn't be any errors if they stop to have a look at each piece, step by step.

36 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, I hear you.

In screw-up situations they can put a rush on them, supposedly. 

Sorry,  man. It's so disappointing when they can't just follow a spec sheet. There shouldn't be any errors if they stop to have a look at each piece, step by step.

Update to the update... the stitching faux pas might have been due to the guy ordering them not specifying the request (even though he also ordered my pads for me at the same time)....  He is seeing if he can now pay out of pocket to have the issue corrected.... faaaaaaaaaaack.   

3 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

that was me earlier.... cooler heads have prevailed .... Chalk it up as my first world problem for the day.  At this point i just really need new mitts, and those ones do look pretty deadly.

Much agreed. 

Besides, the thread on your pads will be black eventually if you do your job well in the net  :)

just sayin'.

Edited by seagoal

Wow, they look so good with those pads.

So awesome you got two free sticks. Great move on their part.

I fully understand about the blocker. The first time I put my hand in my new VE8 blocker i was quite amazed at how comfortable it was. The pad on top of the backhand is so good and keeps the blocker really snug and stiff feeling, which i really enjoy.

Rebounds come off it really hot.

Are you going to bake the glove?

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Wow, they look so good with those pads.

So awesome you got two free sticks. Great move on their part.

I fully understand about the blocker. The first time I put my hand in my new VE8 blocker i was quite amazed at how comfortable it was. The pad on top of the backhand is so good and keeps the blocker really snug and stiff feeling, which i really enjoy.

Rebounds come off it really hot.

Are you going to bake the glove?

Oh man it’s been so long I totally forgot you can bake your mitt!

11 hours ago, Doobiesnax said:

It’s a festivus miracle!!!  Buddy from the store through in 2 premiere composite twigs for free as well.  Build is solid as. This blocker is like sticking your hand in a pillow, so comfy!  

D480587E-D245-4315-9523-7CEE2A4AC22D.jpeg

DB6C09DA-E06C-4735-8D37-96A3E99EE49B.jpeg

056B991A-77F2-4801-9D1E-0C7B38B388E1.jpeg

A3906307-0C7F-4DBF-83FB-A1B89F40FCD1.jpeg

5EFAC72D-4942-4C61-A585-269469B59598.jpeg

32D98241-8608-4D27-8AD7-A74BCF905831.jpeg

0FFC5E57-6282-4857-85EE-B37FEEB26CAD.jpeg

Time for the Feats Of Strength!

On 10/12/2018 at 10:17 PM, Doobiesnax said:

It’s a festivus miracle!!!  Buddy from the store through in 2 premiere composite twigs for free as well...

Considering the gear is still very similar and most people wouldn't catch the difference, I wouldn't mind that trade off at all.  Did you get to pick the stick you wanted or are those just what he offered?

37 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Baking? I'm not familiar with baking gloves/blockers. I've heard of baking skates and I assume it does the same thing for gloves and blockers. Does baking the glove allow for better/easier closure?

Yes, it is the same basic concept. 

Heat up the thing until the thing conforms to your shape and softens so it breaks in quick.

It's what Vaughn calls Heat Moldable. 

You can use this method instead of using hot water, for example. 

1 hour ago, Yzueblin said:

hi guys , did you know if it's possible to ask to vaughn a ventus pads but with the graphic from the V8 pads ? 

i prefer a stiff pads but i don't really like the ventus graphic versus the V8

It may not be available to the public but you could always freehand it with some pad wrap.

T

2 hours ago, seagoal said:

Pretty sure that's a No.

The VE8 graphic does not seem to be transferable at all to the public right now.

You could just give them a call and ask. 

i receive a pretty fast answer from vaughn ! it would be available for early 2019 :)