2017-2018 NHL Gear Sitings

TheGoalNet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Howie's set is bitchin' as usual. I'd love him to do a throwback to Iceberg's sometime, loved that setup on him. Pretty disappointed that Petr ditched custom graphics, too. I want a Wings goalie in Brian's for once! I think Legace and Dom are the only 2 main Detroit goalies not to wear Vaughn in recent history.

Duby - Custom 2S is hot 

IMG_9117.PNG

Tyler Parsons. Still with a plain white mask 

IMG_9118.PNG

Unknow Dallas Goalie - Old Niemi Blocker? 

IMG_9119.PNG

Bishop with no backplate art + unknown goalie 

IMG_9120.PNG

Unknown Islanders tendy with a hotness of mixed gear 

IMG_9121.PNG

Bishop 

IMG_9108.PNG

Grubauer 

IMG_9109.PNG

Price - I think this will kill the "mostly white" movement 

IMG_9112.PNG

Charlie Lindgren - no more Vaughn Twig or pads 

IMG_9113.PNG

Miller 

IMG_9114.PNG

Subban still in all CCM

IMG_9167.PNG

Sparks and Heeter

IMG_9168.PNG

Nuvy 

0B3B14CD-8459-4559-8988-42D8ACD56286.jpg

Hart 

4283D433-5056-4782-9A25-0587A24C8DC2.jpg

Bishop with EF3 - 600?

IMG_9180.PNG

Bishop P1 Kings - 590?

IMG_9179.thumb.PNG.1751de4b53da7c9dfa83dfb1d11c9b23.PNG

Varly - EF3 Gear + P2 Strapping 

IMG_9183.PNG.f0067a0af2bcceeac81e09c7ed6e526a.PNG

15 hours ago, Chester said:

This is more of what I thought Price would wear. Probably by December. 

Yeah one of the nicest CCM sets!

i do not like the color  scheme Price has going above- too much red needs to break that up!

Also do we know if Lindgrem is changing to CCM or is he just demoing a set?

On 9/14/2017 at 10:52 PM, gp34 said:

Pavelec and Miller's new sets. 

Everything about this setup is pure class. Amazing jerseys, unique but not awful helmet. Subtle colours in pads, but the blue binding looks great on the gloves. If I ordered a CCM set this picture would make me order a blocker with bindings.

I love the older gear as much as anyone, but I think McKenna's Bauers look so awful. They hit the Uncanny Valley for me: they're detailed and shaded to the point where they almost look real, but in the end the human brain recognizes what's real and what's fake, and they just look really ... off. I can't help but think of t-shirts like this:

61TQgcBJ7uL._UX385_.jpgrealistic-tuxedo-t-shirt-kids-shirts-kids-premium-t-shirt.jpg

On 9/15/2017 at 5:07 PM, cwarnar said:

Millers Lid

IMG_0355.JPG

This sucks.

Just sayin'

Looks like melted caramel or something. Backplate is cool. Has that trucker babe silhouette 

2pcs-3d-stainless-steel-naked-sexy-truck

Wanna good laugh, google trucker girl sticker and see the selection. ha ha

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

I love the older gear as much as anyone, but I think McKenna's Bauers look so awful. They hit the Uncanny Valley for me: they're detailed and shaded to the point where they almost look real, but in the end the human brain recognizes what's real and what's fake, and they just look really ... off. I can't help but think of t-shirts like this:

18 minutes ago, MTH said:

I agree. I think there is really good things they can do with the printed pads. Those? Not one of them.

BTW I was the model for the bare shirt.

It was only a matter of time before the ugly stuff started rolling out. 

On that note, the roller hockey guys much be drooling all over themselves. 

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Everything about this setup is pure class. Amazing jerseys, unique but not awful helmet. Subtle colours in pads, but the blue binding looks great on the gloves. If I ordered a CCM set this picture would make me order a blocker with bindings.

It looks good but I would like to have seen some more color on there.  Its certainly better than what could have been.

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

Agreed.  Like I said earlier, I would prefer they just went with the graphics of the pad rather than making this pad  literally look like that pad.  This is actually one of my possible ideas if I am to get the Optic.  I am not a big fan of the stock graphic so I was going to ask if Brian's would do the Reactor 5 graphic on the optic pad.  

Archived