2018 Brian's Optik

TheGoalNet

Curious as to the reasons behind using the 1st and second hole in the toe bridge (like it's off-set) and the benefits of it. I know @TheGoalNet does it like this. Always used the standard location.

Having some issues with my pads facing a bit "outwards" while in my stance and maybe the extra tension on the Pro Laces can solve that? Also thinking I over rotate a bit too much in the butterfly while I go down. Any advice on strapping?

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Curious as to the reasons behind using the 1st and second hole in the toe bridge (like it's off-set) and the benefits of it. I know @TheGoalNet does it like this. Always used the standard location.

Having some issues with my pads facing a bit "outwards" while in my stance and maybe the extra tension on the Pro Laces can solve that? Also thinking I over rotate a bit too much in the butterfly while I go down. Any advice on strapping?

I like to use the inner holes in the toe bridge because I feel like it lets my skate get just a little closer to the ice for butterfly pushes and I just like how it balances the pad when standing/skating. 

21 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

So I signed on to Facebook for the the first time this week., just a few mins ago. No lie, I see 3 different used Optik sets sets for sale.

I won't be buying a set any time soon so not worried about it for myself but is that a coincidence? Something going on with that stuff for me to be seeing sets under 6 months old being sold like that?

Pretty normal.  I don't think anything is going on with the product.
People bought into the hype, got the pad, and some realized it wouldn't work for them.

8 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

See below...

4 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I like to use the inner holes in the toe bridge because I feel like it lets my skate get just a little closer to the ice for butterfly pushes and I just like how it balances the pad when standing/skating. 

This is the answer.  I've been doing it with my toes since the Vaughn V4. 
If you use regular skate lace at the toe with them inset at the bridges, it lets you get away with a smidge less slack in the laces.
It also gives you a little bit more feel or interface with the boot.

9 minutes ago, Aquilzz said:

Inset your toes.  Having them slightly towards the inside will pull them a bit more centered when in your stance and should help with over-rotation. 

On 5/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, ULTIMA said:

So I signed on to Facebook for the the first time this week., just a few mins ago. No lie, I see 3 different used Optik sets sets for sale.

I won't be buying a set any time soon so not worried about it for myself but is that a coincidence? Something going on with that stuff for me to be seeing sets under 6 months old being sold like that?

I said the same thing, but as soon as you mention it, people get awfully defensive...which makes me even more skeptical.  I've heard some people say that they take a little getting used to and adjusting before they feel right, but I've also heard that they break down kind of quickly too.  All hear say, so don't really know.  

Personally, I've been waiting to see more Ritual GT sets up for sale, they've been out a year already, but can't find much yet.  I'm sure once whatever the new version is comes out next year, but I want a set NOW.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, ULTIMA said:

I see this with every new model of pad, not just Optiks.  Full sets of gear show up a few months after public launch with very little wear.  I can't imagine dropping $3-5 grand on a new set and then dumping it in less than a year but either some folks are getting it for free or have more money than sense. 

I agree with you on that one, but for some reason there just seem to be more of them than others.  I'm not a Brian's hater by any means but its seemed a little strange to me and like you said, considering what they cost.

29 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I'll also never understand why people order these crazy color schemes either, not knowing if your going to like the pad.  Makes it a lot harder to sell.

So the losers on GGSU can post pictures and ask the other losers what they think about their "sty"

22 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

So the losers on GGSU can post pictures and ask the other losers what they think about their "sty"

and then lose $2k when they decide to sell the ugly shit after 2 skates...who the hell wants a Rangers color scheme anyway

5 minutes ago, dreadlockgoalie said:

I truly hope someone new to the forum comes looking for info on Optiks and this is the first thing they see. 

Could we just say that Optiks will win you playoff series, championships and are straight fire?

Seems like pretty good advertising to me.

I’m kinda proud of this mod :) I made some custom calf straps for my Optiks. They are just standard 2” elastic but what I did that I thought was cool was put hook on one side and a piece of 2”x3” loop on the other so that I can attach a patch to the outside. Since 2”x3” patches are widely available in lots of styles with hook backing (for uniforms), it would be really easy to swap out. Anyway, its a small thing but adds some personal style...

BADE3CB9-8641-4749-8A00-08DB88821D2F.thumb.jpeg.15d134fd034842e53d08c948e4e530a2.jpegA2D2D363-FB24-4EF7-8E2B-861C67E5757F.thumb.jpeg.03c9165004138205a9a69932c7c34275.jpeg

Archived