Live Log for Site Updates

TheGoalNet

21 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No idea, rarely use my phone.  However, we can change the setting do enter drops one line instead of two.  I’ve actually done it several times but always change it back figuring this is how you wanted it haha. 

You want it to be two. Otherwise people are starting new paragraphs by hitting enter twice. 

3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I mean like any other application where the enter key goes to the next line.  

Well I guess that's the nice advantage to having WYSIWYG rich-text editors on these forums. You get the modern behavior of the enter key starting a new paragraph with the option to easily just create a line break. 

4 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Well I guess that's the nice advantage to having WYSIWYG rich-text editors on these forums. You get the modern behavior of the enter key starting a new paragraph with the option to easily just create a line break. 

Agreed.  I wish more people realized it did it.  It would help with all of the annoying extra spaces that plague this place.  **HINT HINT EVERYONE**

23 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Agreed.  I wish more people realized it did it.  It would help with all of the annoying extra spaces that plague this place.  **HINT HINT EVERYONE**

Even worse is going to another forum, that uses the same software, that has the behavior disabled. It's empty line breaks everywhere!

At least extra lines are now removed from quotes :) 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Am I the only one getting redirected to a Amazon gift card spam site? Happens every few clicks.

Nope- I had it interrupt what I was trying to do yesterday. The only way I could get rid of it was to shut down the browzer window. I would hope invasive stuff like this is not what @TheGoalNet signed up for. 

On 3/13/2018 at 11:23 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

Despite clearing history and quitting out of the browser, I’m still getting the Amazon gift card redirect. I’m seeing it on my three devices, all apple products. I’m also getting it on other sites. The GF is getting it on her Lenovo laptop and she’s never on this site. Dafuq.

I got it one time, closed the website, closed my browser and then I was fine

im sorry about this issue! Please realize, I’m not making money off this place. The ads barely, and don’t always, cover costs. 

If we can get more traffic in the future and I can dial back the website and still maintain break even, I will gladly do that 

On 3/12/2018 at 6:15 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Ehhhh..... that may be difficult. I assume your ads are just google ads (or similar), right? I can't really think of a good way. Maybe somebody on the Invision boards may have suggestions. 

Yes, google 

Ads generate revenue so the admins don't have much of a choice. However, personally I'd kick in a few bucks from time to time if it would help eliminate ads. We play the most expensive position in sports so skipping a roll of tape from time to time might make it work. Just sayin...

• 1 month later...