2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TitanG said:

Rogue One. Great film, especially the last 10 minutes!

ahhh, yes. Thank you. I couldn't recall which film it was. IMO Rogue 1 has been the better of the last few Star Wars movies that have come out in the last few years. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I've been disappointed lately. So much so that I've still not seen Solo as of yet and I've been notorious for being front and center at all the midnight showings except for the last two recent movies.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:03 AM, bunnyman666 said:

They missed BIG TIME!!!

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:41 AM, Mike24 said:

It was such a shame.  The rest of the set was almost flawless.  Except the stick.  But whatever.   I remember hearing about the set my first thought was an Hebert Tribute mask.  Then (on gsbb..(r.i.p.)) I saw the mask that went with the set and was like WFT????   Who the hell thought that was a good idea.  

If I remember correctly, it was Viktor Fasth, who had Herbert tribute mask with his throwback colours set. So the maybe Jonas didn´t want to go with same design (?).

1011-amd-goalies.png

Don´t know about stick. Maybe because this set was for one game only? But for stadium series game, he has orange KOHO sticks...

Loved Hiller's throwback gear... it was a shame that the green in his mask was miles off from the green in his gear/the uniform. I also thought it was a poor decision to leave so much of that mask white, while the rest of the uniform/gear was dark-based. Hiller had great masks in his NHL days, but this one was a misfire imo.

Also, what's the point of Budaj even having a "graphic" on those pads? I mean, I guess it lets you know what kind of pad he's wearing, but really, they might as well be all-white...

13 hours ago, goalieworld35 said:

I've still not seen Solo as of yet

Off topic, but you're missing out! I loved it. That said, there were a few things in it that were goofily executed, but they are brief scenes.

EDIT: To stay on topic...sorta, KHL goalie of the week, Jakub Kovar, has a nice P2 setup:

crop-1624856-p201807270866601_520x250.jp

19 hours ago, goalieworld35 said:

ahhh, yes. Thank you. I couldn't recall which film it was. IMO Rogue 1 has been the better of the last few Star Wars movies that have come out in the last few years. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I've been disappointed lately. So much so that I've still not seen Solo as of yet and I've been notorious for being front and center at all the midnight showings except for the last two recent movies.

If you detach the Harrison Ford element from Han Solo (if that's possible), it's a pretty good movie with a couple of eye-rolling scenes.

21 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Peter Budaj's boring setup:

DnRI5EvU8AAnCyk.jpg:large

Wish he would've stuck with JRZ... Support those small Canadian companies!

13 hours ago, Hockeytown0001 said:

Zach Fucale

1034636210_slide.jpg

I love Fucale's new mask... Looks clean and sharp (pun intended) with some nice details up close. Too bad his game is not up to those standards these days....

42098052_10156661100829819_1191155840346

Today we have the pleasure to unleash my friend Scott Darling´s latest Pheonix bird mask1f985.png?1f64f_1f3fb.png??. Yes this Hurricanes design is just a his previous mask totally all based on the myth of the Pheonix bird1f525.png?, which always shows up on Scott´s masks. Here I painted the Pheonix in a dramatic way on each sides, surrounded by the violent force of a Hurricane1f32a.png?… And the closer you come the deeper into the story you come1f440.png?1f50d.png?… Thanks Scott! I love to be your artist! 1f64f_1f3fb.png??1f3a8.png?2764.png❤️ @sdarling_33 @nhlcanes @nhl @daveart #DaveArtThePaintNerd 1f913.png?#DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity

6 hours ago, southpawtendy48 said:

i love the design but the sparkles ruin the mask...

You forgot about the done-to-death racing stripe, 97 lens flares, 13 ghosted squares, unnecessary NHL shield stamps, and the "who scratched my car and didn't leave a note!?"-style lettering.

2 hours ago, stackem30 said:

You forgot about the done-to-death racing stripe, 97 lens flares, 13 ghosted squares, unnecessary NHL shield stamps, and the "who scratched my car and didn't leave a note!?"-style lettering.

Ah yes, Stackem's CopyPasta in regards to DaveArt.

I swear I've seen this a hundred times now. :P

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ah yes, Stackem's CopyPasta in regards to DaveArt.

I swear I've seen this a hundred times now. :P

Perhaps it's indicative of how repetitive his designs are...

Aside from the usual gaudy execution, Darling's phoenix is an interesting motif. I'd venture that it's a (rather direct) allusion to his desire to rise up from his terribly disappointing 2017-2018 season. And while the timing of the mask's revealing makes me doubt this was intentional, it now takes on a nice double meaning, what with the death and destruction Hurricane Florence has caused in the Carolinas... 

Archived