2018-2019 NHL Gear Sitings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, not to sound like a broken record, but I just can't stand DaveArt's work. That scratch effect might be technically impressive, or innovative... but it just looks bad. And it appears as if a ton of DaveArt's clients will have it this year. Oh joy...

I liked it better when masks were a way to do something unique, something that made the individual stand out a bit. DaveArt's design are bordering on cookie-cutter at this point. 

15 minutes ago, stackem30 said:

Man, not to sound like a broken record, but I just can't stand DaveArt's work. That scratch effect might be technically impressive, or innovative... but it just looks bad. And it appears as if a ton of DaveArt's clients will have it this year. Oh joy...

I liked it better when masks were a way to do something unique, something that made the individual stand out a bit. DaveArt's design are bordering on cookie-cutter at this point. 

I know what you mean. If you haven't seen it, you might liek Chad Johnson's Blues mask. Very classic, easily recognizable and easily appreciated even from distance - nothing about it says "I'm a great graphic artist looking to be a bigger name than my client..."

image.jpeg.610c40e3a307e91d6587f0aea5f51dd5.jpeg

7 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

You're local?! Where you located?

Guildford, Surrey.

34 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

Eddie Lack moving from Optik to Gentik IVs... Crazy to see how many pros have followed suit after switching to the Optik line last year

Screenshot_20180912-073405.thumb.png.d9f7b7e78582bb0885064d610399c3ae.png

Lack has always switched between the SZ and Gnetik line. I feel like he changes each year depending on which line is the newest.

27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Guildford, Surrey.

Lack has always switched between the SZ and Gnetik line. I feel like he changes each year depending on which line is the newest.

Oh dear, you must be one tough mofo. Guildford eh, I spent part of my childhood there. 

Also i feel like a lot of Brian's guys just switch to whatever is newest - at least graphically. 

10 hours ago, goalie381 said:

Finally on a team where those tears makes sense. I really liked when they were split across the pads in an asymmetrical fashion, this is too minimal.

Yeah, the mitts look great but the pads look silly with the scratches so short.

8 hours ago, cwarnar said:

Eddie Lack moving from Optik to Gentik IVs... Crazy to see how many pros have followed suit after switching to the Optik line last year

In this podcast interview ⬇️ I posted awhile back Joz says that some pro's have moved over to the IV's as Brians consider them their current best design. As far as I can remember Lack, Halak and Darling have all shifted between G-netik / Sub Zero / Optik models depending what was that years line. 

https://soundcloud.com/powerplay904 ] 

1 hour ago, Jacob Musselman said:

Remember especially with Brian's, just because it has a particular graphic doesn't mean that's why the pad, glove, or blocker is.

In the past yes.  But the big plug from Brians last year was that all the guys moving into the Optik line were using "stock" gear... Other than Anderson still using leather strapping.

18 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Guildford, Surrey.

Wow. We've probably meet before then. Go to THS much? I'm there pretty often to mod gear.

From what i remember, Lack just wears what he is given and what is comfortable. Whereas Miller was the tinkerer of his in gear. 

Archived