Steph Lawa

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Mike24 said:

The eggplant colored mask would’ve flowed. .....For Hillers set  

8A945BCF-154D-4C79-9829-AA851432FF65.png

agreed on the mask. airxess usually has amazing work though 

hiller is arguably my favorite goalie. I can’t speak for most ducks fans like me though as he allegedly made a comment bashing Cali saying it’s not a hockey state or whatever. He isn’t wrong. Beer leagues in Canada are taken more seriously than some of our house leagues and club teams even

Off topic but it’s an interesting thing to talk about 

8 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Shame they missed so bad on this mask.  (Colors matching.). This was a killer retro set.  Imagine it with Gibson’s Hebert tribute mask.  

DF484FA5-DFA7-4F42-8930-A7746DB4E613.png

Say what you want about hillers style or logentivty. The guy had some of the best style for modern goalies. 

He rocked some awesome koho sets, loved colour and everything matched. Buddy had style. 

7 hours ago, Mike24 said:

The eggplant colored mask would’ve flowed. .....For Hillers set  

8A945BCF-154D-4C79-9829-AA851432FF65.png

Those "3rd jersey" colours are so good. Do spite the nostalgia, the colour scheme is just cool to see in the NHL. 

The colour palate has become stale. And that's from someone who wants the Canucks to a banding the blue/green (unique) to go to a black gold and red (Vegas) colour scheme 

8 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

Same. I hate the lights at the new place. Makes it look dim and old. They told me it's temporary. They were supposed to move back into the new place however the city of Surrey's dragging their ass on certain permits they need to perform the renovations. They may end up being there until NEXT September instead. 

Dude we should meet up at THS to shoot the shit!

Name a time. I'll gladly meet up with another member just to shoot the shit. 

20 hours ago, Big2 said:

What do we know about this foam ie vs Maltese for example?

Not sure about this padding setup (looks to be dual densities), but I think their standard product is more like a rubber than a foam, hence the use underneath traditional foams in the past. I think @TheGoalNet mentioned that it is a pro only option.

1 hour ago, southpawtendy48 said:

Varlamov in a VE8 trapper 

64FCFF4B-DC39-4EA5-8A30-EE32FD55A837.jpeg

When I tried on that glove in store, it felt like the CCM 590 break but with the cuff of a 600, the best of both worlds for my tastes. Maybe he has a similar liking? Or it could just be a long-term tester.

6 hours ago, TitanG said:

When I tried on that glove in store, it felt like the CCM 590 break but with the cuff of a 600, the best of both worlds for my tastes. Maybe he has a similar liking? Or it could just be a long-term tester.

It’s funny, didn’t someone at CCM say it was a direct copy of their 590? obviously not true but it’s a little ironic that a few nhlers are testing/using it 

9 hours ago, Murray said:

Charlie Lindgren. Well done, pal.

cut.jpg

Well done, indeed.  He nailed the potential of the color zones on the VE8 stuff.  That graphic has grown on me and I regularly check Vaughn's Instagram.  After seeing several different color zone uses and possibilities, the graphic has great potential for creativity and uniqueness.

Awesome to see Lindgren use 3 different colors on the outer roll, which I think is an option for the first time with a Velocity pad.

I finally cashed in on 2 colors for my outer roll on my upcoming new set. 

14 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

Lindgren's blocker looks like 2 hockey sticks and his finger protection's the puck that's coming up.

Honestly, I always assumed that's what that graphic was supposed to be... two hockey sticks.

I'm still not a huge fan of the V8 design (I did check out some of the variations on Vaughn's IG), but I do think Vaughn deserves a nod for doing something different and getting away from the tribal barbs. And this graphic is pretty different... very geometric, lots of big areas to color in, etc. Lingren's set is pretty cool, all said and done.

1 hour ago, stackem30 said:

Honestly, I always assumed that's what that graphic was supposed to be... two hockey sticks.

I'm still not a huge fan of the V8 design (I did check out some of the variations on Vaughn's IG), but I do think Vaughn deserves some a nod for doing something different and getting away from the tribal barbs. And this graphic is pretty different... very geometric, lots of big areas to color in, etc. Lingren's set is pretty cool, all said and done.

Agreed.

I liked this one from their IG, no hockey sticks and a 3 color roll.

Screenshot_20180821-075049_Samsung Internet.jpg

Archived