GSBB - Dead?

MTH

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

In my early days on the forum, I was single-handedly blamed for it going down hill. So I stayed on *just* to piss off the curmudgeons. So I guess my joining made it go away four years after I darkened the log in page the first time.

How were you blamed for it going down?  I lived on that website, I don't even remember you being on there.

14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

How were you blamed for it going down?  I lived on that website, I don't even remember you being on there.

I do tend to post some out there stuff. Not quite as much any more as I don’t have much of a sense of humour these days...

Shamwow headband guy and some other were saying that. I told them to look in the mirror...

Saddest thing is my goaltending partner gave me one of those Shamwow headbands and it’s a pretty nice product!

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I miss drooling over Double G's gear. 

He still posts his stuff all over the facebook groups.  I miss @Gasman's reviews.

2 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I do tend to post some out there stuff. Not quite as much any more as I don’t have much of a sense of humour these days...

Shamwow headband guy and some other were saying that. I told them to look in the mirror...

Saddest thing is my goaltending partner gave me one of those Shamwow headbands and it’s a pretty nice product!

But how did you get blamed for the place shutting down?

Oh man, yeah, Gasman was great.  Really long posts I remember but all good stuff. 

I wish I had kept in touch with all the my fellow type-1 diabetic goalies.  You guys remember that post? it generated some great discussion and some good "I had no idea other goalies...." moments.

It was going downhill regardless of who was on it. Facebook and all took away most of the action. 

The Hot Stove thread used to be happening. There would be two pages of active topics every day. You'd post in a topic and by lunch, it was already pushed into the second page.

The classifieds thread - before the pay to list - would roll over to the next page in an hour.

Live action!

Image result for live action gif turtleman

4 hours ago, MTH said:

It was going downhill regardless of who was on it. Facebook and all took away most of the action. 

The Hot Stove thread used to be happening. There would be two pages of active topics every day. You'd post in a topic and by lunch, it was already pushed into the second page.

The classifieds thread - before the pay to list - would roll over to the next page in an hour.

Live action!

Image result for live action gif turtleman

These people had summarily decided that they were the cool kids and had a hate on for me. My answer actually was that they were on long before my arrival, therefore were ultimately responsible for it going downhill. 

I was actually being facetious about the place dying because of my arrival. Making the place hard to post on is ultimately what killed it. 

Happens. Just an internet forum - most everyone on there was pretending to be someone they weren't.

At the same time, it's somewhat like a sports team. Every team has the 'cool club' then a bunch of middle people and eventually a 'target'. It's tough being the target. But everyone has been that person in their life. You learn from it.

Jesus - not to get too life lesson-y here - the workplace can be like a sports team too. Funny how that goes. As much as some parents will say sports are a waste for their kid; I look at it the other way. It's practice in life. I have a hard time hiring people where I work who didn't play sports in their life at some time. For many reasons. Mostly it's the field I'm in that requires a team approach. I can't have 10 people all in it for themselves because that's all they know. 

GSBB was what you made of it. I had more laughs there daily than I thought I'd have on a stupid goalie gear website. So that's what I took from the place.

31 minutes ago, MTH said:

Happens. Just an internet forum - most everyone on there was pretending to be someone they weren't.

At the same time, it's somewhat like a sports team. Every team has the 'cool club' then a bunch of middle people and eventually a 'target'. It's tough being the target. But everyone has been that person in their life. You learn from it.

Jesus - not to get too life lesson-y here - the workplace can be like a sports team too. Funny how that goes. As much as some parents will say sports are a waste for their kid; I look at it the other way. It's practice in life. I have a hard time hiring people where I work who didn't play sports in their life at some time. For many reasons. Mostly it's the field I'm in that requires a team approach. I can't have 10 people all in it for themselves because that's all they know. 

GSBB was what you made of it. I had more laughs there daily than I thought I'd have on a stupid goalie gear website. So that's what I took from the place.

In the end- I took it on as a badge of honour to not be liked by Shamwow headband guy and the other I can’t recall his handle. I ended up surviving and thriving fine on there. It was just funny how they were saying that I single handedly made the joint go downhill! 

I started out as a ball hockey goalie and transitioned to ice. When I did I found GSBB and it was glorious. When I was at work I would have that page open and all the most and Goalie Sightings for Equipment made everyone's day. Fleury was king, Keeps method was the new thing, Ryeno was a boss. SubZero was most loved villain...and $1mm0n$ couldnt be mentioned. Ah the glory days. I was bummed when the site died but that update that changed the look of it destroyed that site. I used to a run a small forum called creasemonkey.com but that died as well. 

Archived