Warrior G5

cwarnar

At this point it seems like manufacturers have exhausted any and all possible innovation imaginable. Warrior is quite ahead of the game. Bauer is the only one trailing behind. Brian's is trying hard to keep up and CCM just woke up.

Factory Made, Mckenney, JRZ and a european brand that the name completely escapes me at the moment are working hard at being original despite their size.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

The customizer accidentally leaked for a little bit today.

Have to say I'm not a fan of the trend of cutting the pad face in half.

well at least the line goes all the way through the pad. The GT2 wasn't very much fun to design for due to the lower third of the pad needing to be a single colour.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan at all of the graphic cutting the pad in half. Graphic looks like the GT2 but now with a bigger slice of the pad being divided by that vertical line.

While it's kinda cool that you can pick up GT2 or G4 or G5 and the graphics are pretty close enough to each other that they can look like a whole set, I'd like to see something different and more exciting graphics-wise.

Warrior's got some other interesting stuff in the pipeline this year that, to me, is more interesting than G5.

14 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Yeah, I wasn't a fan at all of the graphic cutting the pad in half. Graphic looks like the GT2 but now with a bigger slice of the pad being divided by that vertical line.

While it's kinda cool that you can pick up GT2 or G4 or G5 and the graphics are pretty close enough to each other that they can look like a whole set, I'd like to see something different and more exciting graphics-wise.

Warrior's got some other interesting stuff in the pipeline this year that, to me, is more interesting than G5.

Image result for Say it! Say it! gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Let us take a moment and hope for bindingless airslide. The binding on my G4’s is already starting to come off after just over a month of use.

The GT2 used a different method of the binding that keeps the threading off the ice. I have almost zero wear in that area over the past few months.

So at least they'll piggy back off of that design but they really do need to go back to a bindingless design.

6 hours ago, pennan said:

my lokal hockeyshop says that warror will come out with a goalie mask next year.

Is warror a new brand?  If you meant Warrior that rumor has been around for a while and there seems to be more info trickling out to suggest that it may be happening.   @Peter36, pure speculation here but I would guess alongside/slightly after the G5 line.  Based on previous history that would hit retail shelves in the early/mid second quarter of next year. 

Edited by Puckstopper
  • Haha 2

With Warrior’s hands-on approach with their contract factories, I would rock a Warrior mask. Of course I am saving my scheckles for a clear poly mask by Victory. But still- I am a fan of Warrior’s stuff. 

It would be awesome if someone who was in the industry were to oversee their masks, much like the Pete Smith connection with the gear.