Vaughn V9

Max27

• 4 weeks later...

V9 core went on Weightwatchers or something. Looks super exciting. 

Kind of a shame there's only one calf strap (at least to me). I feel like when you go without a bootstrap, you need a lower calf strap to keep the boot pushed up on your skate. Like how the SLR2 is. Even a bunch of the Eflex QMSS users that don't use a boot strap do this (Markstrom, Rinne off the top of my head). 

334417044_ScreenShot2020-01-06at2_24_21PM.thumb.png.154f5231e36751da534f267a6c1dddfd.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, seagoal said:

And yet another absurd, tone deaf marketing pitch from Vaughn. Why do they just fail at social media and marketing year after year?

The inevitable question:

"So....you didn't test your new pads?"

20200106_175758.jpg

This is in stark contrast to what I can only guess was the hashtag for the original SLRs based on the amount of time their Rep let me keep the demo set: #TestThemForLikeAMonthOrWhateverFuckIDontCare

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

And yet another absurd, tone deaf marketing pitch from Vaughn. Why do they just fail at social media and marketing year after year?

The inevitable question:

20200106_175758.jpg

The first time I saw this #, I thought it was just around the pic posted above and Francouz going right into a game with them. Had no idea this was a lasting marketing strategy

12 hours ago, seagoal said:

The inevitable question:

20200106_175758.jpg

Is it because its another recycled, lacking innovation, tested and true Velo pad from Crazy Uncle Mike???

1 hour ago, cwarnar said:

Is it because its another recycled, lacking innovation, tested and true Velo pad from Crazy Uncle Mike???

Someone on their Instagram said :

"it looks exactly like VE8 without magnets."

Vaughn responded: "Incorrect."

No follow up on how they're different. 

Their Twitter person should have been thrown out with the magnets.

Edited by seagoal

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Someone on their Instagram said :

"it looks exactly like VE8 without magnets."

Vaughn responded: "Incorrect."

No follow up on his they're different. 

Their Twitter person should have been thrown out with the magnets.

That's insanity...Vaughn is quickly becoming irrelevant

I'm still shocked that some companies are like this with social media, especially now other brands are doing such explicit 'social marketing' and gaining interest and traction on their new gear lines in conjunction with other instagram accounts.

I get it, they want to portray that the Velo line has a great heritage etc, but #notestingneeded just looks petulant and arrogant - especially now the goalie gear market is more oriented to innovation than its ever been!

Get a young intern / graduate to run the social media accounts who has at least some clue on how to read the room with social media criticism - best way to deal with that magnets jibe would have been to turn it into a bit of friendly 'banter' and treat it as an opportunity to outline everything that is different on the V9s, rather than look like a complete douche to prospective customers! 

The other untested pieces of V9.

@cwarnar & @coopaloop1234 did I mention to you guys I'm not getting anymore Vaughn stuff? I'm officially out of the closet as having been seduced by CCM? You guys are pals so I'm telling you first.  Don't tell the others on here yet, ok?

P.s. 1 piece VE8 glove, 590 clone, is amazing.  Best glove of my life.  Seriously.   Most intuitive,  connected feeling in a trapper for me.

Screenshot_20200107-082502_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200107-082520_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by seagoal

4 minutes ago, seagoal said:

The other untested pieces of V9.

@cwarnar & @coopaloop1234 did I mention to you guys I'm not getting anymore Vaughn stuff? I'm officially out of the closet as having been seduced by CCM? You guys are pals so I'm telling you first.  Don't tell the others on here yet, ok?

P.s. 1 piece VE8 glove, 590 clone, is amazing.  Best glove of my life.  Seriously.   Most intuitive,  connected feeling in a trapper for me.

That's like @southpawtendy48 not getting anymore Vaughn gear. You two were the Vaughn regulars here. :P

Though I do have to say I'm disappointed. CCM? What would your mother think?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

That's like @southpawtendy48 not getting anymore Vaughn gear. You two were the Vaughn regulars here. :P

Though I do have to say I'm disappointed. CCM? What would your mother think?

honestly, i wouldn’t get ccm even if my life depended on it. except for their skates of course, which i own, and their sticks are pretty good

8 minutes ago, southpawtendy48 said:

honestly, i wouldn’t get ccm even if my life depended on it. except for their skates of course, which i own, and their sticks are pretty good

I have zero issues with Vaughn pants,  chestie, or mitts.  

It's the leg pads for me that are the biggest disappointment and leave the most to be desired.

I'm a lifelong Bauer skate goalie and and strongly devoted to Warrior sticks and Sportmasks...as long as they are still around.

I'd love to try a 2S set because it's probably the most radically different than Vaughn.  I saw an asss amazing Optik 1 set for sale in my colors even that was tempting....but the Boa thingies really irk me. 

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

It's the leg pads for me that are the biggest disappointment and leave to most to be desired.

I'm a lifelong Bauer skate goalie and and strongly devoted to Warrior sticks and Sportmasks...as long as they are still around.

I'd love to try a 2S set because it's probably the most radically different than Vaughn.  I saw an asss amazing Optik 1 set for sale in my colors even that was tempting....but the Boa thingies really irk me. 

i understand the disappointment with the pads, but i actually love the strapping and the quickslide is an added bonus. it is pro though and there’s been some slight wear but nothing too bad. i’m really excited about the v9 pads though and the chesty... just as i get v8 pads and a v8 chesty..

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It's the leg pads for me that are the biggest disappointment and leave the most to be desired.

Hence my switch to Brians.  As you know I thought about PVEs but too many companies are failing to innovate.  Vaughn being number 1.

And I love Boa... I dare say that my IV glove is new favorite all time 

14 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

And I love Boa... I dare say that my IV glove is new favorite all time 

Heretic.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm seeing less and less Vaughn gear in the beer leagues. Well newer sets at least.

The only guys I see still rocking Vaughn are lifelong users. I rarely see goalies make a switch into Vaughn. I mentioned in a previous thread that I think CCM was starting to be pigeon holed into the same category as Vaughn as a slow innovator/dinosaur brand compared to the Bauer/Warrior/Brians, and I still stand by it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Heretic.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm seeing less and less Vaughn gear in the beer leagues. Well newer sets at least.

The only guys I see still rocking Vaughn are lifelong users. I rarely see goalies make a switch into Vaughn. I mentioned in a previous thread that I think CCM was starting to be pigeon holed into the same category as Vaughn as a slow innovator/dinosaur brand compared to the Bauer/Warrior/Brians, and I still stand by it.

That's a great point. 

Switching to Vaughn is probably not a thing.  

There is 1 other VE8 user...all vintage brown, pretty sweet set...in my league of 100 teams . I mostly see lots of V5 and 6. Lots, I mean LOTS, of leather straps on all Vaughn I see around.

44 minutes ago, seagoal said:

That's a great point. 

Switching to Vaughn is probably not a thing.  

There is 1 other VE8 user...all vintage brown, pretty sweet set...in my league of 100 teams . I mostly see lots of V5 and 6. Lots, I mean LOTS, of leather straps on all Vaughn I see around.

Nailed it.  Tons of guys with older Vaughn stuff, one local guy here has phenomenal V3 icebergs.

He nearly fell over when saw my GTs.  How light they were plus 2 velcro straps = mind blown. 

Edited by cwarnar

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Heretic.

Senn and Blackwood switched to vaughn, but both wear ccm gloves.