• Alberta
    • British Columbia
    • Yukon
    • Northwest Territories
    • Nunavut
    • Newfoundland / Labrador
    • PEI / Nova Scotia
    • New Brunswick

I've seen a bunch of interest from time to time on here for regional adult goalie camps as there just aren't that many options for us beer leaguers in most markets (I'm in lower New England/NYC Metro area and don't see many options by me). Even if there were 15-20 guys on here in each region that would sign up for a 2-3 day weekend camp maybe once or twice a year that would be very interesting to a lot of us on here and likely to some goalie school/instructors.

Seems like the Michigan and Boston area guys are covered by a lot of camps (parts of Canada too I'm sure), but I haven't seen many adult camp options by me so maybe most markets are covered? Not sure.

@TheGoalNet Is this something you've thought about doing in the past? You'd be delivering attendees to these regional instructors so I'm sure they'd be thrilled. Of course theres some leg work to coordinate, etc. but maybe that would be something a bunch of guys on here would be into? @SaveByRichter35 @seagoal Didn't you guys mention at times that you were looking for something like this? Just getting the conversation started any guys in the same region would be interested in figure something like this out.

Bumped to add voting poll

I've coached a few adult goalie clinics and the numbers are weak compared to forwards clinics. Some guys (and gals) are willing to get a hand in brushing up on their skills but it's not many. While I was with the organization, I was asked to take care of 4-5 sessions, then it died off, not much interest.

Aside from the organization I worked with, I've only seen one other advertisement for adult goalie classes/clinics in the Québec area.

I've been trying to solicit some students of my own as an independent coach for a few years and the interest in my city is very low. This doesn't mean that there is no possibilities elsewhere. There's a market, albeit small but still one.   

I jumped in on the Watch The Puck clinic in Toronto last year, they come up from NY, it was really well done. The coaches are very sharp and tend to read the clientele's abilities properly. Very professional and well organized. Huge variety in skills and abilities, but they adapted to each individual quite well. 

I've been through others that were run similar to youth camps and that just doesn't work. Drills and reps for kids do not necessarily transfer over to  ALL 30-70 year old bodies, so the ability to read your clients is paramount.

If you guys set something up within 3 hours of me (Niagara/Buffalo), i'd be inclined to sign up!

Edited by aircanuck
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, aircanuck said:

I jumped in on the Watch The Puck clinic in Toronto last year, they come up from NY, it was really well done. The coaches are very sharp and tend to read the clientele's abilities properly. Very professional and well organized. Huge variety in skills and abilities, but they adapted to each individual quite well. 

I've been through others that were run similar to youth camps and that just doesn't work. Drills and reps for kids do not necessarily transfer over to  ALL 30-70 year old bodies, so the ability to read your clients is paramount.

If you guys set something up within 3 hours of me (Niagara/Buffalo), i'd be inclined to sign up!

Yona and Three are cool dudes. Attended their 1 time only Ottawa camp way back before I got into coaching. I can share pics later on.

I've been trying to hit their Rochester and Toronto clinics for a couple years but either had no cash flow or means to go down. Coming soon, miss the old crew.

• Like 2

I reached out to the "hockey manager" at the rink I play at for goalie clinics and he told me that the goalie coach of the Erie Otters (OHL), comes to the rink for goalie clinics and would put me in the loop.

Last week, my team had a game and guess who is on the ice before our game? A bunch of goalies doing goalie drills. I was pretty bummed and e-mailed the "hockey manager" about it and he still never responded. 

I would love to go to one though.

On 2/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, breaklouis35 said:

I reached out to the "hockey manager" at the rink I play at for goalie clinics and he told me that the goalie coach of the Erie Otters (OHL), comes to the rink for goalie clinics and would put me in the loop.

Last week, my team had a game and guess who is on the ice before our game? A bunch of goalies doing goalie drills. I was pretty bummed and e-mailed the "hockey manager" about it and he still never responded. 

I would love to go to one though.

How old are you though? Was this adults getting coached or was this an elite session paid for by an organization?