NHL 2019-2020 Gear Sightings

Steph Lawa

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, raucebyalien said:

Guessing that might be the Optik 2 (or whatever they will be called) graphics on a Gnetik4 pad as theres aspects of the original Optik graphic in there 🤨

(otherwise I'm completely wrong and its a custom graphic!) 

He lit  it up in the IVs last year... and that was after bouncing thru sets like crazy.  I would wager these are another pair of IVs with a custom graphic 

1 hour ago, raucebyalien said:

Guessing that might be the Optik 2 (or whatever they will be called) graphics on a Gnetik4 pad as theres aspects of the original Optik graphic in there 🤨

(otherwise I'm completely wrong and its a custom graphic!) 

46 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

He lit  it up in the IVs last year... and that was after bouncing thru sets like crazy.  I would wager these are another pair of IVs with a custom graphic 

They are labeled as IV's, though it wouldn't be the first time a gear company labeled a product differently than what it actually was. I recall Brian's didn't even finalize the Optik naming until sometime in the summer just before launch if I'm not mistaken, so even if this is the Optik 2 or whatever replaces Optik, they may not have a final name for it yet.

Untitled7.png.1ef1050cfec4f21b32d976ffd4d85294.png

21 hours ago, TitanG said:

They are labeled as IV's, though it wouldn't be the first time a gear company labeled a product differently than what it actually was. I recall Brian's didn't even finalize the Optik naming until sometime in the summer just before launch if I'm not mistaken, so even if this is the Optik 2 or whatever replaces Optik, they may not have a final name for it yet.

Untitled7.png.1ef1050cfec4f21b32d976ffd4d85294.png

Lehner has a stuffed boot, traditional outer roll, and a break at the knee. As with every pro, he has his own spec, but I’m guessing this is based off GNetik IV or closest to GNetik IV.

Brians will have a new line coming and pics will surface soon 

DiPietro used Bauer for the last several years but appears to be sticking with Brian's after being seen testing it this summer. Looks like Gnetik IV with the Hellberg SKA St. Petersburg graphic (minus the star):

Untitled9.png.bd3f64cf7f4b3288bcd47c385c976d70.png

For some reason the Instagram link wouldn't show...

6 minutes ago, TitanG said:

DiPietro used Bauer for the last several years but appears to be sticking with Brian's after being seen testing it this summer. Looks like Gnetik IV with the Hellberg SKA St. Petersburg graphic (minus the star):

I still hate that the CHL has the official license agreement with Vaughn, Bauer and CCM for gear.  Nice to see him moving back tho

14 hours ago, cwarnar said:

I still hate that the CHL has the official license agreement with Vaughn, Bauer and CCM for gear.  Nice to see him moving back tho

13 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

At least it's expanded to included Vaughn and Bauer.

Yeah talk about oligopoly... You'd think they'd want to promote more small, Canadian brands to match with the small, Canadian town feeling of many CHL teams.

On the other hand, I assume the money from the manufacturers helps too.

3 hours ago, TitanG said:

Yeah talk about oligopoly... You'd think they'd want to promote more small, Canadian brands to match with the small, Canadian town feeling of many CHL teams.

Pretty sure the money is a major help. :P 

I'd much rather have designated pad manufacturers than Europe league-esque advertisements. Perhaps it's the lesser of two evils?

3 hours ago, TitanG said:

My thing is why force a goalie to switch brands???  Do the international thing where Vaughn logos are allowed... If a young goalie wants to wear Warrior, Brians or Passau at the CHL level, make them go logoless.  I get that most kids are in CCM anyways (the Price effect) but options are nice.

15 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

My thing is why force a goalie to switch brands???  Do the international thing where Vaughn logos are allowed... If a young goalie wants to wear Warrior, Brians or Passau at the CHL level, make them go logoless.  I get that most kids are in CCM anyways (the Price effect) but options are nice.

giphy.gif.8fcbe0f10e005149af47067a51bc966e.gif

Honestly don't know the details to whether these brands fully gear up the goalies, sponsor the league, or both.

But I'm sure that the CHL is very thankful for the added cash through the sponsorship or through the savings of not having to gear up goalies. The guys running the league don't really care what their goalies wear.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

giphy.gif.8fcbe0f10e005149af47067a51bc966e.gif

Honestly don't know the details to whether these brands fully gear up the goalies, sponsor the league, or both.

But I'm sure that the CHL is very thankful for the added cash through the sponsorship or through the savings of not having to gear up goalies. The guys running the league don't really care what their goalies wear.

From my understanding the companies pay a licencing fee to the CHL just like they do in the NHL but here they only allow for 3 brands. I guess they can get even more money that way as the companies may get into a bidding war.

13 minutes ago, TitanG said:

From my understanding the companies pay a licencing fee to the CHL just like they do in the NHL but here they only allow for 3 brands. I guess they can get even more money that way as the companies may get into a bidding war.

Neat to know. It kind of makes sense though. Get the three most popular brands (by a long shot) bidding against each other in your league. Works out well I'm assuming.

Archived