The official 2021-2022 "Gear sitings" thread

Steph Lawa

5 hours ago, RichMan said:

Lets not forget that HOW you wear the chest protector can give an optical advantage. Not saying someone cheated here but we aren't in the trenches hearing and seeing all that goes on.

If you take a current NHL approved unit, loosen the back straps a little, loosen the arm floaters elastics a little and if possible reposition the shoulder wings, you could end up looking like Giguere and still be within regulations. Just look at how sloppy Tokarsky looked in his set up. I thought he was simply overweight lolll. Look how massive Lehner is yet he's all legal and wears his snug to the body. 

It’s all sewn in for the most part minus the lower back strap if I remember correctly. Lehner on the other hand is just a big guy let’s be honest. 

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

It’s all sewn in for the most part minus the lower back strap if I remember correctly. Lehner on the other hand is just a big guy let’s be honest. 

My CCM AB18Pros have everything sewn down except for the elastic at the waist

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RedX said:

edited*** confirmed story, but was long before the new chest. 

There was a story, and I want to say it came from InGoal, but the story highlighted Victor Fasth and his Bauer 1S chest got pulled after it was previously accepted based on how he looked on tv. 

Fasth confirmed to InGoal Magazine late in the season that the NHL cut the shoulder pads on his chest-and-arm unit this season, but that didn’t happen until after he was already off to an 8-0-0 start to his NHL career. To be clear, Fasth wasn’t cheating. The NHL approved his gear, as it does with every piece of goalie equipment, and neither Fasth nor the Ducks made unapproved alterations. The shoulders simply looked bigger on him than expected. 

it's funny because I own a NXG Fasths C/A and it has a KW signature on it

IMG_20201017_142429.thumb.jpg.9258146fcb40025a565fc11411726466.jpgIMG_20201017_142439.thumb.jpg.3169bffa7e37454ac4656eb133a3ef52.jpg

Based on the shape and cuff - looks like the old "RBK PII".

16 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

What glove does Tokarski actually have? I had a koho from 2016 that was exactly liked that and loved but don’t know the original model name.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, chile57 said:

@A.YOUNGoalie13 - here's a shot of the original RBK PII glove (before they "rebranded" as Reebok) for reference...

Reebok Premier 2 Outlet, 58% OFF | empow-her.com

8 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I'm not a Lefevre-expert but I think the two laces on the thumb was a giveaway that the glove is a 590.

Below, a Lefevre-built EF4 for John Gibson.

GibsonEF4.png.beaa137c1c940d6c89b256de5f256897.png

The real og…

Jk just the best glove ever!

image.jpg