Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

2 minutes ago, RichMan said:

So as per Google pics, he's mostly a Vaughn guy. And I also see that he's in the NHL system at some minor level.

Could it be that Warrior will be entering the show for goalies come 2021-2022? Hmmm....

Scratch that, just saw the KHL hint as per the mask.

Following this thread very closely. I may have just got a ccm set but I’m still a warrior guy at heart. Plus the league I’m in gets deals on warrior anyways. I wonder if it’s too late to cancel my G5 glove order and pull some strings to ask for G6. For once I can also say the graphic looks promising from that pic. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

Will be following this closely as well. 

Still a huge Warrior fanboy despite opting for cheapo Bauer GSX's which, 4 skates in have been awesome so far, but obviously you can pry my g3 gloves off my cold,dead, hands (until I supplant them with newer, flashier gloves). 

4 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Given the rumours that the GT line is being discontinued, I'll be interested to see if they give more customization options for G6 Pro gear. GT catchers, with the sewn-in palm, feel so much better than the velcro liners in the G# series.

I agree.  The feel of the glove would be my only knock on my G5 set.  Other than that they are absolutely top notch and I'd recommend them highly.

14 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I agree.  The feel of the glove would be my only knock on my G5 set.  Other than that they are absolutely top notch and I'd recommend them highly.

The removable palm is a love it or hate it proposition. One guy I know loves it, and another uses a Brian’s glove with his Warrior set (block, pads, chesty and breezers) because he liked the feel better. The ability to customise is certainly a great thing for some people. The weak link for me on Warrior IS the trapper going all the way back to the Messiah I started out with. Couldn’t get on with ANY Warrior trapper I had tried. Not certain where pro and pro plus is going to take us as far as whether or not “Senior gear is the current generation externals with last generation’s internals”, as I felt the Ritual Senior gear was by far the best value in new goalie gear. The gear Pete Smith and Warrior are putting out there is always on my radar. 

Most importantly, why doesn't this guy have a bag for all this loose gear he is carrying?  I mean, my pads and all go into one bag, and I'm 5'6" so I've enjoyed the punishment of carrying a bag that's the size of me on my back.  But this guy's one-upping me in a big way.  Time to start a new thread.  The days of wheeled versus carry are gone.  It's bag vs no bag, and if you use a bag, well, you may as well slap the wheels on it too 😁.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Most importantly, why doesn't this guy have a bag for all this loose gear he is carrying?  I mean, my pads and all go into one bag, and I'm 5'6" so I've enjoyed the punishment of carrying a bag that's the size of me on my back.  But this guy's one-upping me in a big way.  Time to start a new thread.  The days of wheeled versus carry are gone.  It's bag vs no bag, and if you use a bag, well, you may as well slap the wheels on it too 😁.

I am thinking this was a planned leak. 

7 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

Given the rumours that the GT line is being discontinued, I'll be interested to see if they give more customization options for G6 Pro gear. GT catchers, with the sewn-in palm, feel so much better than the velcro liners in the G# series.

GT line won't be coming back. They've already skipped over when it would have come out, between G5 and G6. And with talking with a Warrior ambassador, he confirmed that after a game.

18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

GT line won't be coming back. They've already skipped over when it would have come out, between G5 and G6. And with talking with a Warrior ambassador, he confirmed that after a game.

Then I really do hope they give us palm options on the G# catchers going forward. I love how open the wrist area is on Warrior catchers, but I don't really like how sloppy the velcro liners feel on my hand.

9 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Then I really do hope they give us palm options on the G# catchers going forward. I love how open the wrist area is on Warrior catchers, but I don't really like how sloppy the velcro liners feel on my hand.

I hope they do as well, though Warrior doesn't exactly kill it with the options when ordering custom gear.

Regardless, I'm sure if they don't I'd still deal with it anyways. That lack of wrist strap just has every other catcher beat.

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I hope they do as well, though Warrior doesn't exactly kill it with the options when ordering custom gear.

Regardless, I'm sure if they don't I'd still deal with it anyways. That lack of wrist strap just has every other catcher beat.

I'm sure there are other gear manufacturers who can do a strapping system without a wrist strap if you got something custom, right? With the way modern goalies are expected to hold their hands forward it's ridiculous that Warrior is the only one that's removed the wrist strap as a stock option.

Edited by CJ Boiss

Warrior could definitely do better at custom options than they currently are. I’d like to see sewn in blocker palm position options at custom as well as sewn in palms as mentioned above. I would also like to see a toe bridge option and maybe a different strapping system because personally I’m not a fan of the giant wrap. If I remember correctly warriors laced in leg channel was designed for ease of assembly and ease of modification. It’s about time they made use of that and offered different strapping setups through custom. An optional wrist strap would be nice as well

18 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

I'm sure there are other gear manufacturers who can do a strapping system without a wrist strap if you got something custom, right? With the way modern goalies are expected to hold their hands forward it's ridiculous that Warrior is the only one that's removed the wrist strap as a stock option.

It's one thing I have been curious as to why it hasn't been replicated, or at least offered at custom. I'm sure many of these companies have had prototypes but didn't think it was worth it.

15 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

and maybe a different strapping system because personally I’m not a fan of the giant wrap.

I love the big flap.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's one thing I have been curious as to why it hasn't been replicated, or at least offered at custom. I'm sure many of these companies have had prototypes but didn't think it was worth it.

Maybe something about the wrist strap that goalies at the pro level love? If the big guys are designing around the wants of pro goalies, virtually all of whom use wrist straps, it might be something they haven't even considered moving away from.

13 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

You would wouldn’t you 

Gimme them Arby sandwiches.

9 minutes ago, CJ Boiss said:

Maybe something about the wrist strap that goalies at the pro level love? If the big guys are designing around the wants of pro goalies, virtually all of whom use wrist straps, it might be something they haven't even considered moving away from.

Oh most likely, I'm sure there are a plethora of reasons. Though all the pros are wrong. :ugh:

I didn't mind the Warrior strapping system at all, provided I always added a Professor Strap. 

One thing that I thought i'd miss, but don't at all is the post wedge - makes sense why it was removed on the G5. 

I love the wrist mobility on the catchers. 

• Like 1