Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

6 minutes ago, DL42 said:

They need better copywriter and tester of equipment for marketing material and difference between years or at least give it to the retailers and have them display it or available.

I agree, but I think the reason behind this is because generally there is not much change between years, especially with CA, pants and jocks. G4 -> G5 had a fair amount of change, but G3 -> G4 and GT -> GT2 was essentially minor tweaks + Hypercomp and that's it. One could argue they took a backwards step with GT2 with the binding on the knee landing.

8 minutes ago, DL42 said:

Offer custom pad  sizing not stock sizing ,  this will benefit female players with small skate size and body size.

This would be nice, but really hard to do. What other big companies can do this? Brian's and Vaughn? CCM and Bauer don't.

10 minutes ago, DL42 said:

Offer Custom goal stick patterns to public not just retail patterns off the 3. that means from mexico not china, yes add a min order size. 

Again would be nice, but they probably don't want to do this for retail. CCM will be offering two retail patterns for the ProLite and Bauer has two patterns for their sticks, too. Warrior has been comparatively generous with three patterns. When was the last Warrior composite stick made in Mexico? The Fortress, which was literally a decade ago? I imagine they would have to do some significant retooling to make quality, modern goalie sticks in Mexico. And who even does custom goal stick patterns these days? None of the big guys.

16 minutes ago, DL42 said:

retail stock -  offer thighrise bars to increase the stiffness of the pads on outside and do the same on the inside back of the pads.  Also add to that a thighrise board extension to pads similar to what SMITH hockey had on one of the pads. Maybe also add interchangeable shin face foam board sliding in from the side.

Need more anchoring point for additional straps adjustments.

more velcro loop on the leg protector for diff velcro options.

make boot risers removable and shin removable like g2 for better fit adjustment and sizing .

These... all sound like departures from what people like about Warriors. People like Warriors because they are a minimal, very lightweight, well-designed pad. For many, they just work. Adding too many things to tinker with isn't what most retail customers want. Add too much of these types of features and customers will be turned off because they feel the pad is gimmicky.

I agree with adding more strapping options. A lot of customers - kids particular - like to strap their pads super tight and they just cannot get there with Warrior's strapping as-is.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Trav4oilers leaked that it will have a retail 580 after touring the Sweden factory. But I don’t totally trust him.

56 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Nor should you...

I hope if they do change it that the usual break is still available for those of us that like it. 

2 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Retail 580 would be sick though. CCM should bring it back to replace that awful 600

I'll fight you!  580 is an abomination.  

Jokes aside, I'm all in favor of multiple breaks available through custom, but 590ish is pretty much the big seller at retail, so hopefully Warrior makes it an option, but not the only one.  Going all 580 all the time would be a disaster overall.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, chile57 said:

@RichMan I have the Warrior gloves with all of the 60/75/90 inserts. I frequently switch between the 60/75 without anything feeling out of whack. For whatever reason - I've never gotten around to trying the 90. Hope that helps.

So the difference is barely noticeable? My GT, said to be a 70 is almost in between. Having tried the Bauer 9000 and the JRZ Fusion, both 60, the difference is somewhat noticeable compared to my GT.

Edited by RichMan

@RichMan yes - from my experience I would say so. Even just took one of each and laid them atop each other and you can hardly tell a difference comparing the perimeters. That said - they just velcro in so there is certainly some play with how you orient them within the glove. I should also throw out the disclaimer that I don't cinch my wrist strap down at all so my glove isn't tight to begin with.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RichMan said:

Had a chance to compare to their 75?

Yeah, I think I had a 75 in my G3 initially and swapped it for a 60. Same with my G4, however the G3 felt better than the G4 and now I have a G5 with a 60 degree insert and it feels once again more like the G3 did. I have the same G5 60 degree insert in both my G4 and G5 but they don't feel quite the same between the 2 gloves.

The G6 line will be available in march. Custom orders will be taken in Jan. They have merged the GT line and G5 lines together.

- Two glove and blocker options available. Gloves, a 'round' build and 'oval' build (60&90 degree). Blockers, G5 style with a flatter thicker board. then a GT2 style with a thinner board and more of a kick for better paddle down flex. 
- Pads... The knee block now features a polycarb/hdpe/plastic landing plate on the knee block, which is removable to allow a more tradition knee landing if you are sliding around too fast. The airslide/channels/groove thingy is now only on the calf. Back side looks much the same to previous pads just a little cleaner. Appears to be more options when it comes to materials. 

Thats all i can recall so far. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boonarnar said:

The G6 line will be available in march. Custom orders will be taken in Jan. They have merged the GT line and G5 lines together.

- Two glove and blocker options available. Gloves, a 'round' build and 'oval' build (60&90 degree). Blockers, G5 style with a flatter thicker board. then a GT2 style with a thinner board and more of a kick for better paddle down flex. 
- Pads... The knee block now features a polycarb/hdpe/plastic landing plate on the knee block, which is removable to allow a more tradition knee landing if you are sliding around too fast. The airslide/channels/groove thingy is now only on the calf. Back side looks much the same to previous pads just a little cleaner. Appears to be more options when it comes to materials. 

Sewn in palm or inserts again?

18 hours ago, Boonarnar said:

The knee block material intrigues me, the other day I somehow got the paddle of my stick stuck under my knee and slid super well, even on ice that had been skated on for quite some time. I can see this being a game changer, but could also require good edgework to stop yourself. 

17 hours ago, Boonarnar said:

G5 style blocker is velcro palm. GT2 style is fixed

Oval shape glove is sewn in. Round glove, i honestly cant remember. Once i saw they offered a 90 degree break i stopped paying attention to the rest hah. 

I wish @Kirk3190 would chime in already. I'm guessing he might of seen this thread by now.