Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

On 9/9/2021 at 6:11 PM, RichMan said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen any logo-less Warrior gear in the Worlds, be it Juniors, Men's or Women's. Bauer has always had a stronghold during those competitions.

I don't know about the logos but Finnish U20 WJC starting goalie and Women's 2nd goelies wore Warrior gear. 

But it is kind of sad if they only have one line and next big release after one year and Euro goelies are already using those gear. You can Google Jeremy Smith in Kunlun Red Star KHL and see that G6 gear are very similar, maybe knee landing is flat and vertical rolls are even thinner, but there were times when Warrior was unique. 

1 hour ago, Korppi32 said:

I don't know about the logos but Finnish U20 WJC starting goalie and Women's 2nd goelies wore Warrior gear. 

But it is kind of sad if they only have one line and next big release after one year and Euro goelies are already using those gear. You can Google Jeremy Smith in Kunlun Red Star KHL and see that G6 gear are very similar, maybe knee landing is flat and vertical rolls are even thinner, but there were times when Warrior was unique. 

Maybe they hit a wall, or maybe they listened to the users and applied the changes, or maybe they are of the mentality now of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

3 hours ago, RichMan said:

Maybe they hit a wall, or maybe they listened to the users and applied the changes, or maybe they are of the mentality now of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Yeah, it seems we've kind of hit a point of stagnation, I know I can't really think of what to improve upon. How much lighter can a pad get? How much better can pads really slide?

It's kind of like sports/supercars, any manufacturer's halo car is going to do a 0-60 in under 3 seconds and has for a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 12:24 AM, RichMan said:

Maybe you're right or/and I was too hars. They have made changes, no doubt. But nothing radical and the worst thing is that gear looks very similar with older models. It's just my opinion and I wear Warrior gear.

But maybe you can say same thing if you describe Vapors (1x, 2x, 3x) or Reebok Premiers. 

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I think what we’ve learned here is that if something works and people like it, why bother completely overhauling it?

This is where you'll find guys still wearing gear that was produced 10-20-30 years ago and not care for change. Then you have the now generation who absolutely think that the newest lines are the better ones and is the answer to better goaltending. 

If you're a goalie that has never rocked old gear, it makes it hard for you to understand. The difference in wearing pillows versus boards is pretty obvious, but at the same time, the way you will play with this gear is as different.

Sometimes change is good and welcomed, others times not so much. The problem I can see is that you can't expect the gear to play both ways 100%. You can take modern gear and use it for pro-fly or stand-up equally, but you can't say the same with vintage gear. I'm getting way off topic here.

Bottom line, there's only so much you can improve on a base design or concept. Anything more would be simply tweaks and adjustments. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, RichMan said:

This is where you'll find guys still wearing gear that was produced 10-20-30 years ago and not care for change. Then you have the now generation who absolutely think that the newest lines are the better ones and is the answer to better goaltending. 

If you're a goalie that has never rocked old gear, it makes it hard for you to understand. The difference in wearing pillows versus boards is pretty obvious, but at the same time, the way you will play with this gear is as different.

Sometimes change is good and welcomed, others times not so much. The problem I can see is that you can't expect the gear to play both ways 100%. You can take modern gear and use it for pro-fly or stand-up equally, but you can't say the same with vintage gear. I'm getting way off topic here.

Bottom line, there's only so much you can improve on a base design or concept. Anything more would be simply tweaks and adjustments. 

I love modern gear. Pretty sure the pads I use now are lighter than what I used at 9 years old. 

2 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

I love modern gear. Pretty sure the pads I use now are lighter than what I used at 9 years old. 

Although my GT2s are both lighter than one of the Reactor 9000s I had and even lighter than the Coopers and D&Rs of my youth, it doesn't make me a better goalie...just less tired :D  

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 9:58 AM, RichMan said:

Yea, there's only so much they can do to improve, altho I think the end of the line will just be strapping 2cm boards on with some landing gear attached to it.

There's also alot of gimmicky stuff that's either just sales-pitches, or useless, or I just don't understand. I was looking yesterday at my Brian's blocker and it had a logo of some kind of "blah-blah-blah technology", and I'm thinking "does anyone get excited about this stuff, or even know what it is?" Anyone remember TPS and "Brock Technology"? I still have no idea what that was about. But apparently it was supposed to deaden the rebound, which I guess "the science" said was supposed to be a good thing 20 years ago.

brock.jpg

Subscribing. 

Do we have reliable news yet whether Warrior is going to be releasing a new G-line or GT-line this coming spring?  Everything got out of whack since they seemed to skip a line (should have been new GT) this year. 

I got G3’s which are on their last legs but not a fan of their bloated coverage edge tech on the G5’s. Hoping they back off that that on G6. 

5 minutes ago, BonesDT said:

Subscribing. 

Do we have reliable news yet whether Warrior is going to be releasing a new G-line or GT-line this coming spring?  Everything got out of whack since they seemed to skip a line (should have been new GT) this year. 

I got G3’s which are on their last legs but not a fan of their bloated coverage edge tech on the G5’s. Hoping they back off that that on G6. 

GT line is dead.

However, they're not abandoning having two lines but we'll have to wait till next year to see what they have.

Even the larger shops aren't privy to that yet. They're only getting introductory information for the G6 line at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2021 at 7:14 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

First public picture to have something other than an all white G6 set

That knee wing looks a different shade of red than the rest of the gear.

Didn't the G5s have the AirSlide in that area?

I wonder if they have a new sliding material there (hence the color mismatch)

43 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

That knee wing looks a different shade of red than the rest of the gear.

Didn't the G5s have the AirSlide in that area?

I wonder if they have a new sliding material there (hence the color mismatch)

Good pick, might really be some vinyl or even a plastic sheet like PE. That's what I have on my GT pads and yes it slides.

Kova is offering vinyl for kneewings and Varusteverstas makes a lot of vinyl swaps too. My Reebok XLTs are getting that too to test it IRL. 

Should be really slick from what I've heard but can it beat the PE plastic. 

• Like 1