Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

6 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Oh most likely, I'm sure there are a plethora of reasons. Though all the pros are wrong. :ugh:

Wrist straps made sense when your catcher was as long as your forearm, and held parallel to your body; you needed the leverage from another contact point to keep the glove stable when catching pucks. But it's definitely a vestigial structure for modern goaltending.

5 minutes ago, Kayen said:

I didn't mind the Warrior strapping system at all, provided I always added a Professor Strap. 

One thing that I thought i'd miss, but don't at all is the post wedge - makes sense why it was removed on the G5. 

I love the wrist mobility on the catchers. 

I'm actually a fan of the cavernous, barrel style that Warrior puts out. I haven't had a chance to try the "tighter fit" style the G5 introduced, but I'd give it a shot.

I know it took some time to get used to the "active drop" system, AKA a flexbile leg channel (lol). Pads hanged off my legs just a bit more than I was used to from my GT1's but I adjusted fine.

It'll be interesting to see what changes actually do take place in the G6 gear. Warrior has felt a big stagnant on their year over year changes and with the removal of the GT line, I'm hoping that that the extended time to focus on a singular line can bring Warrior back to pushing the envelope a bit more.

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

The removable palm is a love it or hate it proposition. One guy I know loves it, and another uses a Brian’s glove with his Warrior set (block, pads, chesty and breezers) because he liked the feel better. The ability to customise is certainly a great thing for some people. The weak link for me on Warrior IS the trapper going all the way back to the Messiah I started out with. Couldn’t get on with ANY Warrior trapper I had tried. Not certain where pro and pro plus is going to take us as far as whether or not “Senior gear is the current generation externals with last generation’s internals”, as I felt the Ritual Senior gear was by far the best value in new goalie gear. The gear Pete Smith and Warrior are putting out there is always on my radar. 

I actually love the warrior trapper, its up there with Vortek for how it feels. I will admit it does feel a little weird at first with the velcro palm.

That being said, I sold both my sets of warrior gear to get a set of Passau Starke (on sale and I was bored with a tax return) and a pads of JRZ with warrior gloves. 

I really liked the gear. The pads were a bit too short for where I would like them which the Passau pointed out to me, so Id have to go full custom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MangoRhinehart said:

I actually love the warrior trapper, its up there with Vortek for how it feels. I will admit it does feel a little weird at first with the velcro palm.

That being said, I sold both my sets of warrior gear to get a set of Passau Starke (on sale and I was bored with a tax return) and a pads of JRZ with warrior gloves. 

I really liked the gear. The pads were a bit too short for where I would like them which the Passau pointed out to me, so Id have to go full custom.

I've played with a G3 and GT, and I definitely prefer the feel of the GT.

• Confused 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:07 AM, CJ Boiss said:

Given the rumours that the GT line is being discontinued, I'll be interested to see if they give more customization options for G6 Pro gear. GT catchers, with the sewn-in palm, feel so much better than the velcro liners in the G# series.

You can still order custom GT2 gear.

2 hours ago, cuprajake said:

the g5 range imo was a massive fail - at a snr level anyway, never get to see the pro stuff in the uk, 

the glove was good, but the pads, there were so many badly made sets put out, the blocker wasnt to my liking, felt big and cumbersome. 

Talking to a few goalies, a lot of them weren’t thrilled with G5 as far as retaining the stiffness, though some thought it was the bee’s knees.  I recall your set was particularly poorly made. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Talking to a few goalies, a lot of them weren’t thrilled with G5 as far as retaining the stiffness, though some thought it was the bee’s knees.  I recall your set was particularly poorly made. 

I can vouch for G5 not being a stiff pad after a few uses. If I order a G6 set I’ll make sure to get the stiffer option with single break if they offer it

• Like 1

Mine was the X-stiff option and I thought it was perfect.   Stiff above the knee but flexible at it.   For me it's an absolute home run.  The blocker allows you to be so accurate with your rebound placement and is light and well balanced.  

I know there were a couple rough early sets posted, but the stuff that's come through the store has been bang on perfect since shortly after launch.   We only had one set that was a little rough, nothing compared to what Jake showed us.  It sucks that the set he got soured him on the company, as I'd recommend their stuff to almost anyone.

7 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Mine was the X-stiff option and I thought it was perfect.   Stiff above the knee but flexible at it.   For me it's an absolute home run.  The blocker allows you to be so accurate with your rebound placement and is light and well balanced.  

I know there were a couple rough early sets posted, but the stuff that's come through the store has been bang on perfect since shortly after launch.   We only had one set that was a little rough, nothing compared to what Jake showed us.  It sucks that the set he got soured him on the company, as I'd recommend their stuff to almost anyone.

It’s easy to kill one’s faith in a company. Public trust capital is so hard earned and easily spent. With the world seemingly trying to do the least amount of work for the most money being the norm, it can sour you quickly. There are too many examples of cracking workmanship with high value per money spent in the beginning, then trying to figure out how to cheap it out and dumb it down to optimise profits and hope not too many people notice it.

It’s easy to kill one’s faith in a company. Public trust capital is so hard earned and easily spent. With the world seemingly trying to do the least amount of work for the most money being the norm, it can sour you quickly. There are too many examples of cracking workmanship with high value per money spent in the beginning, then trying to figure out how to cheap it out and dumb it down to optimise profits and hope not too many people notice it.

True That!

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Untitled.png.7fadd5f083abb39d6e648fc42d6a00b0.png

@ThatCarGuy Do I spy a traditional toe bridge?

Indeed you do! After briefly speaking with warrior there's a few options not on the customizer that they'll do! A leather toe bride was one of those things. The graphic looks pretty good on G6. Very interested to see what exactly was changed on the leg pads because it doesn't appear to be much. Maybe a slimmed down but still full height outer roll?

Edited by ThatCarGuy

2 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Indeed you do! After briefly speaking with warrior there's a few options not on the customizer that they'll do! A leather toe bride was one of those things. The graphic looks pretty good on G6. Very interested to see what exactly was changed on the leg pads because it doesn't appear to be much. Maybe a slimmed down but still full height outer roll?

Looks almost like the GT2 graphic except it goes all the way across the pads face. (still mad about that).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cuprajake said:

may have just been europe? i know hockey monkey eu had a loads of pads for sale cheaper as they werent perfect.....

it didnt sour me, i still bought another set of g5 then covid hit.

i just think previous generations were better. 

I don’t think you’re alone in thinking that the previous generations were better. I knew of more than one person who felt the pads went super soft in a quick manner. I know that poor build quality and break down would sour me. I like soft pads; many people don’t. Though I would be concerned if my pads had broken down.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:29 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

It'll be interesting to see what changes actually do take place in the G6 gear. Warrior has felt a big stagnant on their year over year changes and with the removal of the GT line, I'm hoping that that the extended time to focus on a singular line can bring Warrior back to pushing the envelope a bit more.

I agree. I feel like there's been less hype over Warrior gear over the past couple of years - at least at my store. The peak seemed to be during the G3/G4 days.

Customers are asking about CCM and Bauer and don't seem to be too interested in the G5s.

Other manufacturers have lightened up their pads - a big reason why G3 was so popular - and added a number of features while Warrior hasn't changed too much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I agree. I feel like there's been less hype over Warrior gear over the past couple of years - at least at my store. The peak seemed to be during the G3/G4 days.

Customers are asking about CCM and Bauer and don't seem to be too interested in the G5s.

Other manufacturers have lightened up their pads - a big reason why G3 was so popular - and added a number of features while Warrior hasn't changed too much.

Doesn’t help that when you live in a hockey community like Texas everyone wants the shiniest and newest and best looking. They don’t give a damn about performance. Don’t get me wrong I love looking good as much as the next tender but if the pad sucks what good does it do? In Texas it’s super frustrating because the other guys selling gear at our store don’t push for warrior in the slightest. Everyone pushes ccm or bauer as comfortable vs performance (respectively). Warrior is constantly looked down upon at our store and throughout the hockey community sadly. Hoping that a product some day soon changes that. I imagine they hoped the helmet would be that product and I gotta say we’ve sold almost as many F1 buckets as we have Bauers. 
Apologies for rambling. 

4 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Wouldn’t it be fair to say the jumps up to G3 were quantum leaps and G4 and above were evolutions?

36 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Wouldn’t it be fair to say the jumps up to G3 were quantum leaps and G4 and above were evolutions?

I feel like that's a pretty succinct way to put it. Honestly, I barely noticed the difference between my previous G3 sets and my current G4 set, and I don't think when I eventually find a G5 set for cheap enough in the right size and close enough colours that it will be marked departure either. 

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Doesn’t help that when you live in a hockey community like Texas everyone wants the shiniest and newest and best looking. They don’t give a damn about performance. Don’t get me wrong I love looking good as much as the next tender but if the pad sucks what good does it do? In Texas it’s super frustrating because the other guys selling gear at our store don’t push for warrior in the slightest. Everyone pushes ccm or bauer as comfortable vs performance (respectively). Warrior is constantly looked down upon at our store and throughout the hockey community sadly. Hoping that a product some day soon changes that. I imagine they hoped the helmet would be that product and I gotta say we’ve sold almost as many F1 buckets as we have Bauers. 
Apologies for rambling. 

Where do they go for their propane and propane accessories?

• Haha 2