Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

35 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

And even more interesting question is, which of the other Manufacturers follow the plastic route and implement their own way to add plastic on sliding surface. 

I'd like to see some sort of sewn-in design for this issue and not just an add-on plates. Bauer already has the plastic structure inside the knee blocks.

I’m curious why bauer went away from this design since it’s more or less what was used on 2s and prior models. 2s slides outstandingly and 1s supposedly is still the best sliding pad ever made just durability was terrible 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

How similar are G6.1 and G6 in catching surface area? When I compared Warrior's graphics from their catalog, G6.1 looked much bigger. It's starting to sound more and more like a difference in break angle rather than just shape.

1448689058_Glovecomparison.png.418d78b659017b3c1b73c578a4eed624.png

Very similar. The overall shape is different, it's not like getting the 90 degree sewn in liner on the 6.0 would get you the same glove. These are two different gloves. 

Though, you definitely feel the reduction in the palm size and the increased pocket. Almost like your index finger is right up against the seam. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:43 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

In case you guys are wondering, yes, I have in fact touched that set they're using in the video.

Line up for questions below. 

|
 V

How stiff are the pads, can they match Bauer? How would the knee block compare to the stabilislide? Size, thickness, stiffness? I've heard that the block itself isn't max size. Thanks 😀

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 11:55 PM, Jax said:

How stiff are the pads, can they match Bauer? How would the knee block compare to the stabilislide? Size, thickness, stiffness? I've heard that the block itself isn't max size. Thanks 😀

These pads being the second stiffest version of their pads was just shy of matching a Mach in flex at the thigh. Still more flexible at the ankle

From what I hear, their max stiffness is very stiff, probably not Mach super stiff, but close. 

Knee is still sewn in, so you're not getting the same features as stabilislide, but knee felt good and stiff. 

No idea if the knee block is max side or not. 

Edited by coopaloop1234

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

These pads being the second stiffest version of their pads was just shut of matching a Hyperlite in flex at the thigh. Still more flexible at the ankle

From what I hear, their max stiffness is very stiff, probably not Mach stiff, but close. 

Knee is still sewn in, so you're not getting the same features as stabilislide, but knee felt good and stiff. 

What is Max side? I'm not that familiar with the marketing jargon used by gear makers. 

On 4/30/2022 at 11:11 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

These pads being the second stiffest version of their pads was just shut of matching a Hyperlite in flex at the thigh. Still more flexible at the ankle

From what I hear, their max stiffness is very stiff, probably not Mach stiff, but close. 

Ah okay, so stock G6 would be like a 2/5 in Bauer (HyperLite is 1/5, UltraSonic is 3/5)? Was hoping that G6 would've been stiffer than that. The only option (if you want a stiffer pad) from stock to custom is to stiffen up the pad below the knee so I'd guess that the thigh would stay the same.

Thank you!

On 4/30/2022 at 6:53 PM, ilyazhito said:

What is Max side? I'm not that familiar with the marketing jargon used by gear makers. 

Was a typo, was supposed to say max size. 

4 hours ago, Jax said:

Ah okay, so stock G6 would be like a 2/5 in Bauer (HyperLite is 1/5, UltraSonic is 3/5)? Was hoping that G6 would've been stiffer than that. The only option (if you want a stiffer pad) from stock to custom is to stiffen up the pad below the knee so I'd guess that the thigh would stay the same.

Thank you!

Yea, I'd say they're close enough to the stiff pads you see from other manufacturers finally. I did the bend test to see the flex across the thighrise and I barely moved it. 

29 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Anyway, what is Max Size supposed to do? CoverTech (or whatever the term was) meant that the outer roll was angled to stop more shots. 

We're referring to the max size allotted by the NHL for the perimeter and thickness of the knee block. 

It isn't a Warrior specific naming gimmick, but more of a reference to build standard among the main pad producers. 

16 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

That makes more sense. Sometimes, a lot of the terms used are marketing gimmicks. It's good to know that this one is legit.

How is a big knee block helpful? Does it seal the five hole, or does it just make it easier to land on the pad?

Max thickness lifts you higher off the ice, reducing strain on your joints.   Max diameter gives you more landing area and allows for larger knee guards to be worn comfortably.   

49 minutes ago, johncho said:

Anyone know if the Senior line will come out at the same time? There will be just one Senior line right?

And I'm speculating the difference will mainly be the inner materials used?

I'd take a stab in saying that the senior line won't have the integrated hypercomp, no slide plate, and only one style of gloves (6.0) 

1 hour ago, johncho said:

Anyone know if the Senior line will come out at the same time? There will be just one Senior line right?

And I'm speculating the difference will mainly be the inner materials used?

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'd take a stab in saying that the senior line won't have the integrated hypercomp, no slide plate, and only one style of gloves (6.0) 

I believe it's still one SR price point leg pad (just like prior years) and both glove and blocker lines at also available at SR. I think Slideplate comes with the pad at SR too, but not 100%.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZeroGravitas said:

I believe it's still one SR price point leg pad (just like prior years) and both glove and blocker lines at also available at SR. I think Slideplate comes with the pad at SR too, but not 100%.

I'm wrong? I'm never wrong.

Good for them for including both lines at the senior level.