Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

28 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

You're correct, but I'm 90% sure he's the only guy in a Bauer 580 clone in the NHL. 

The 580 has caught on quite a bit over the last few years, but it's still last in popularity. 

Which has a lot to do with "only available through custom order" atleast for the time being. I would think many atleast could give it a try if it was available in shops.

17 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Which has a lot to do with "only available through custom order" atleast for the time being. I would think many atleast could give it a try if it was available in shops.

I was just strictly talking about NHLers using them. Not at the retail level. 

I have no doubts the tides are shifting at the 90 degree break is only going to increase in popularity.

1 hour ago, owen swe said:

and why is the most common break in the NHL a 580

1 hour ago, owen swe said:

bauer makes 580 just for NHL level. an example is James Reimer look at his glove, bauer clone of a 580

590 is the most popular glove in the NHL. Only guys that may be in a 580 are in True and CCM, Reimer being the only exception here. Every single guy in another brand is not using a 580. Even within True and CCM a ton of guys use the 590 and some idiots like @coopaloop1234 use the 600.

3 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

590 is the most popular glove in the NHL. Only guys that may be in a 580 are in True and CCM, Reimer being the only exception here. Every single guy in another brand is not using a 580. Even within True and CCM a ton of guys use the 590 and some idiots like @coopaloop1234 use the 600.

Don't be disrespecting your elders kiddo. 

FewSnappyCob-max-1mb.gif.45832c785d12a15a4337548e19e5f23f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I agree so much

On 3/25/2022 at 2:38 PM, HellCrow said:

I am curious how long this will last in the real world usage ! ha !

It's polycarbonate though, the same stuff they use for football helmets. I guarantee its not gonna break. Depending on how it's attached though, I would think it might be at risk of getting knocked off from a direct hit. Still, I've got faith in Pete and their testing.  I'm 70 years old with both hips replaced and playing pickup 3 days a week with much younger guys, mostly on pretty shitty ice, and the plastic cap is what I've been dreaming about since I converted from standup 20 years ago haha!!!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 1:01 AM, twoblockers said:

Not that it matters much to me, but, if I select the G6.1 Catch Glove, what difference will the liners make? If the glove has a particular break angle, does the liner I select affect much in the grand scheme of things?

If I remember correctly only G6 (catcher and blocker) comes with velcro liners. I don know how if you can order custom 6.1 with velcro liners.

27 minutes ago, ilyazhito said:

Why should a butterfly pad be super flumpy? That doesn't make any sense. 

I was actually making a joke 🤪

Though I will say this: a flumpy butterfly option would be good. The R/GT was the flumpiest option from Warrior.

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Like 1

@bunnyman666 Looks like the Bauer Vapor series may be right up your alley. It's a stiff pad that is designed to provide softer rebounds. 

I love the Od1ns for their hot rebounds and ease of sliding. It's a pity to find out that they run small. I'll need Large (Bauer's equivalent to a 35" pad) in any Supreme series pad.

I'm curious how Warrior sizing compares to CCM (will Warrior 34 = CCM 34). I know that I need 34 in CCM, because my 33+1 CCM Premier II pro pads were too small. 

50 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Other way round. It's a soft pad designed to provide extremely hard rebounds 😉

Interesting. It looks like a stiff pad, at least on the photos. I've never played with it, as my pads have all been stiff, butterfly-type pads (Brian's Demons, CCM Premier II, Bauer Supreme 1S Od1n). 

9 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

I'm curious how Warrior sizing compares to CCM (will Warrior 34 = CCM 34). I know that I need 34 in CCM, because my 33+1 CCM Premier II pro pads were too small. 

Please try it in store, but when I had my CCM Premier Pro, the 34+2 were too big (I was landing below), but the 34+1.5  G4s that I tried for dozens of games were absolutely perfect. And now in my Brian's SubZero 34+1 which are perfect too in terms of sizing for the knee.

Edited by johncho

9 hours ago, ilyazhito said:

Interesting. It looks like a stiff pad, at least on the photos. I've never played with it, as my pads have all been stiff, butterfly-type pads (Brian's Demons, CCM Premier II, Bauer Supreme 1S Od1n). 

At 11:45 it’s shown just how soft these pads are

1 hour ago, johncho said:

Please try it in store, but when I had my CCM Premier Pro, the 34+2 were too big (I was landing below), but the 34+1.5  G4s that I tried for dozens of games were absolutely perfect. And now in my Brian's SubZero 34+1 which are perfect too in terms of sizing for the knee.

I'll see if I can make it to a store in the next few days. It's good to know that Warrior is slightly smaller than CCM. It will help me know what to look for.