Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)

Westcoast Tender

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

No Mike Richter no care.  Just playing, that's a beautiful mask.  Who painted it?

Ha. Airheadz Customs painted a while back... guy by the name of Jay Ferguson. I just sent him a few books I had with some pictures tagged. Told him a grey scale and whatever he wanted to do from there. Sits on a bookshelf now as the chin started to delaminate. Nice to look at though.

I love it!! The detail on the throw back Brian's logo is a nice touch as are the faux shin straps. With all of the manufacturers focusing on weight reduction lately, sets like this with sewn details will become more and more rare. I'm all for technology, but there has to be a place for craftsmanship like this too. 

For me, at this point of playing beer league I've given up matching sets to a certain team etc. Brown, Bucky, Retro Tan, they all go with nothing and therefore go with everything. 

55 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

I love it!! The detail on the throw back Brian's logo is a nice touch as are the faux shin straps. With all of the manufacturers focusing on weight reduction lately, sets like this with sewn details will become more and more rare. I'm all for technology, but there has to be a place for craftsmanship like this too. 

For me, at this point of playing beer league I've given up matching sets to a certain team etc. Brown, Bucky, Retro Tan, they all go with nothing and therefore go with everything. 

That's why I went with this set. I wanted it to match wherever I played. I am down to one team and everything seems stable, so I will be going all red this go round. 

I didn't think about the weight. These pads are 5.2 lbs each and they have the faux strapping. Even crazier to me now. 

Pictures of my modded Reactor 4000's. 

Narrow butterfly rely on blocks to close. 

IMG_20170928_190747.jpg

IMG_20170928_190711.jpg

Quick Edit:

Mods done: TGC Spec Bauer Reactor 4000. 34+2
Kept top strap to close the 5 hole better.
The knee cradle was stitched in, but I unstitched it and cut out the landing piece, to be used with the knee block.
Stiffened the knee landing piece with plastic for better sliding. 
Monster 45 Degree knee blocks w/ maltese. Heavy duty Nylon webbing strap on plastic buckle. 
Removed top leather calf strap. 
Added velcro on upper calf wing to strap knee lock down to. 
Swapped lower leather calf strap with heavy duty nylon webbing strap and plastic buckle.
Original bindings shot, replaced with some weave jenpro, handsewn by myself. 
And Monster HAL Sr's (older sandwich design) on the toe ties. I've replaced the stock cord with some heavy duty 1/4 cord that I love much better.

I wear the pad quite loose. Have had them for 2 years, play in them 2-5x a week on average and for senior level gear it's holding up quite well. Only major issue was toe binding ended up shredded, but some jenpro and a sewing awl - it was an easy fix.
One major issue I do have with this pad however is the taper on the toe AND thighrise. I wouldn't mind a more square pad as this pad does not seal well at all.

Edited by Kayen
  • Thanks 1

Didn't manage to add this. Took this picture at one if the away dressing rooms for Northlands Colliseum (former rexall place where the oilers played up till start of last season), the other night. 

IMG_20170929_211243.jpg

Mask: Bauer 961 w/ Maltese
Blocker: Simmons UL5 w/ new waffle face, finger protection from Battram
Catcher: Brians Subzero 6.0
C/A: Warrior Ritual Pro Sr L w/ CCM AB500 Sr M Arms, beefed shoulder protection (taken from McKenney 890). 
Pants: McKenney 890 Sr L
Knee Pads: Warrior Ritual X Pro w/ Reebok Garter Belt
Skates: Bauer S190 Sz 7 w/ Tydan Steel. 

Edited by Kayen

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

@Kayen that C&A needs a thread 

@TheGoalNetAnyone who knows me, will know that I have always rocked a frankenchesty. 
This C/A has gone through several revisions... Maybe i'll start up a preliminary thread on how much it has gone through in the last year.... 

Edited by Kayen

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to Show off your Gear (Note: Any images posted here can be posted on @TheGoalNet Instagram)