Seattle Kraken Expansion Team

seagoal

5 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Love the expansion draft, such a cool process

Disappointing the NHL wasn't able to keep the insiders silent for 24 hours 

Also, disappointed by their goalie selection

I'm excited about Driedger but I admit that my be slightly irrational at this point.

I think all in all it was a successful day and the franchise and the city presented really well.

I do love Gary Bettman referring to the arena as Climate Change Arena.  I spit my beer out laughing.

1 minute ago, dretti33 said:

Gary Bettman secretly working for ESPN? HAHAHA, gotta love those name butcherings

Chris Fowler was pretty bad also, unfortunately. Like, has he ever watched hockey in his life? Calling the Hurricanes the Carolina Panthers when they were making the Geekie pick was brutal.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, motowngoalie said:

Chris Fowler was pretty bad also, unfortunately. Like, has he ever watched hockey in his life? Calling the Hurricanes the Carolina Panthers when they were making the Geekie pick was brutal.

Jordan Eberle also in his on stage interview said something like "it's exciting try to bring the Cup to a city that has never had one before."

Mr. Eberle, poor move my new friend.  Poor move.  Do some reading on the plane, my man.

image.thumb.png.95f8778e59adc44fb4fa6ad0db6ce42c.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Jordan Eberle also in his on stage interview said something like "it's exciting try to bring the Cup to a city that has never had one before."

Mr. Eberle, poor move my new friend.  Poor move.  Do some reading on the plane, my man.

image.thumb.png.95f8778e59adc44fb4fa6ad0db6ce42c.png

That's akin to people saying Vancouver has never won a cup.

We won one 106 years ago thank you very much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Millionaires

On 7/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

That's akin to people saying Vancouver has never won a cup.

We won one 106 years ago thank you very much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Millionaires

penny-farthing-1.jpg

Oh yes, I do recall the celebratory penny-farthing parade was quite a spectacle ... except for that old Coopy-Loopy chap who imbibed too much ale and mucked things up once again...

• Haha 2

On 7/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, estogoalie said:

penny-farthing-1.jpg

Oh yes, I do recall the celebratory penny-farthing parade was quite a spectacle ... except for that old Coopy-Loopy chap who imbibed too much ale and mucked things up once again...

I'm dying. This is hilarious.

Also, nice womens shoes kid.

22 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't see anything? :(

It's the greatest thing I ever saw. Remember that scene in the movie Rudy when his dad walks into Notre Dame stadium and says:

YARN | This is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen. | Rudy  (1993) | Video gifs by quotes | abb409ab | 紗

The picture was better than that.

• Like 1

Just now, chile57 said:

@seagoal I hope the signing of Grubs doesn't send you on a tailspin - how you feeling about it? Seems they should have been set with Driedger/Vanecek but I'm no NHL GM. Somebody's got to get moved at this point - right?

I am so stoked we got Grubauer.  Huge upgrade, for sure.   If I'm Driedger right now it probably stings but a 1a 1b split with those 2 could be fantastic, or, Driedger would be a killer back-up.

I personally have no feelings about Vanecek, I've barely heard of him.  Word is Washington wants him back.  We shall see.  We still need an AHL goalie so he might be the guy there.  He is good, no doubt.

I have truly never heard of our other goalie Daccord so whatever happens to him, I'm pretty meh.

My hope today was Mrazek or Halak thinking Grubauer was staying in Colorado.  This takes the cake, for sure.

The 1991 SJ Sharks Expansion Draft was by far, the best. 

1. There were only 21 teams in the NHL then, so teams lost a few guys.

2. SJ was able to pilfer the North Stars because the SJ owners ripped off the fans of Cleveland and merged with the North Stars decades before. The NHL then allowed the SJ owner to take his half of the team with him. WTF? They took 24 players from the North Stars.

3. Teal.

4. Hall of Famers, Goons and veterans. Shane Churla was a top pick. Bryan Heyward. Link Gaetz, Tim Kerr, Craig Coxe, and Guy Lafleur. Lafleur was already in the Hall of Fame and had returned to play.

5. It wasn't just an expansion draft. No. It was an "Dispersal and Expansion Draft". Let that sink in. A Dispersal. A dumping of players.

6. After the Sharks picked the North Stars apart. The North Stars then drafted players to repair their team. What a crap show!

7. So. Many. Mullets.

8. While many players drafted never played for the Sharks, they still had the chance and took them. Only to make more deals for other players.

9. Artus Irbe.

10. The last point. The Sharks sucked! They won all of 17 games that season. Their MVP was Jeff Hackett. Journeyman goalie. Jeff Hackett earned the most playing time, going 11–27–1 with a 3.82 GAA and .892 save percentage in 42 games. 

5 minutes ago, MTH said:

The 1991 SJ Sharks Expansion Draft was by far, the best. 

1. There were only 21 teams in the NHL then, so teams lost a few guys.

2. SJ was able to pilfer the North Stars because the SJ owners ripped off the fans of Cleveland and merged with the North Stars decades before. The NHL then allowed the SJ owner to take his half of the team with him. WTF? They took 24 players from the North Stars.

3. Teal.

4. Hall of Famers, Goons and veterans. Shane Churla was a top pick. Bryan Heyward. Link Gaetz, Tim Kerr, Craig Coxe, and Guy Lafleur. Lafleur was already in the Hall of Fame and had returned to play.

5. It wasn't just an expansion draft. No. It was an "Dispersal and Expansion Draft". Let that sink in. A Dispersal. A dumping of players.

6. After the Sharks picked the North Stars apart. The North Stars then drafted players to repair their team. What a crap show!

7. So. Many. Mullets.

8. While many players drafted never played for the Sharks, they still had the chance and took them. Only to make more deals for other players.

9. Artus Irbe.

10. The last point. The Sharks sucked! They won all of 17 games that season. Their MVP was Jeff Hackett. Journeyman goalie. Jeff Hackett earned the most playing time, going 11–27–1 with a 3.82 GAA and .892 save percentage in 42 games. 

Yes, that “expansion draft” was pure fecal theatre! OMFG!!!! But the teal unis were EPIC, along with some HOF mulletude.  I may get there, but they had the market cornered on GREAT mullets. Also, Reechi who looked like Geddy Lee with no teeth. That should catapult your team into HOF status.