R GT/2

TheGoalNet

The stock graphic seems to lend itself to lighter color schemes and certain color combos.   I didn't come up with anything I liked when I went with the black, green and orange combo that I really wanted to go with.  However, when I went lighter I had better luck, and I was able to do a couple dark sets that were pretty good in Tampa colors. 

I love that they offer the Classic graphic alongside the stock one.  My preferred/team colors worked way better with the Classic.  Stumbling into the idea of doing a retro Andy Moog'ish set was pure serendipity and was what sealed the deal for me.  

The classic graphic also looks really nice. But now I have a dilemma - which one should I go with?

image.png.4b7f8fdb478c17a7a83f7b2ec3af9886.png

It is kind of amusing that they left in the single T on the R\GT2 when they updated the customizer, when the double T is stock (I believe).

• Like 1

The glove on the new GT2 is questionable. We got our demo set and myself along with other associates agree that when you snap the glove shut, you hand is being pushed backward out of the glove. Cranked the straps, mucked around with it and still felt like your hand was slipping out. I think that design needs to be tweaked.

Anyone considering buying that glove, please do not buy blind and try it on beforehand.

7 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

The glove on the new GT2 is questionable. We got our demo set and myself along with other associates agree that when you snap the glove shut, you hand is being pushed backward out of the glove. Cranked the straps, mucked around with it and still felt like your hand was slipping out. I think that design needs to be tweaked.

Anyone considering buying that glove, please do not buy blind and try it on beforehand.

Could you be more specific about which area of the hand you feel is slipping out?  It's the first I have heard of this & I am certain there is a way to counter it.  Thanks.

I don't understand your question - there is no one area of your hand slipping out, the entire hand slips out. When you release and open the glove back up, you feel the urge to use your other hand to push it back onto your hand and wrist. It wasn't just one opinion.

the only way to correct it (I feel) is there need to be a a strap of some sort at the knuckle area to secure and stabilize your hand in the glove but there isn't. There are others in other areas but as much as we played around with it and tried getting it secure, the same thing kept happening.

5 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

I don't understand your question - there is no one area of your hand slipping out, the entire hand slips out. When you release and open the glove back up, you feel the urge to use your other hand to push it back onto your hand and wrist. It wasn't just one opinion.

the only way to correct it (I feel) is there need to be a a strap of some sort at the knuckle area to secure and stabilize your hand in the glove but there isn't. There are others in other areas but as much as we played around with it and tried getting it secure, the same thing kept happening.

Thank you for your feedback.  I will pass along your comments about the knuckle area in particular to our design team.  I hope you decide to take the GT2 trapper out on the ice for a Demo. 

Having a more open knuckle area is in part what allows the trapper to open and close easily.  Materials/Straps over the knuckle area (break area) can become restrictive to the snappiness of the trapper.  For any goalies who are curious, the finger gusset design (internally) is no different than the R/GT.  So, if you didn't find it to be problematic in the past it's likely you won't on the R/GT2 either.

5 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Ive tried the glove on about three times in the last couple of weeks, not something I noticed or felt I had an issue with. Im currently in a GT and do notice the difference in the break angle but for the most part almost felt the same. Maybe someone else will chime in but no issue on my end.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cwarnar said:

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/warrior-gt2-blocker-trapper-review

Glove one is up too.

Internal strapping of the glove is identical. Really am going to try and get my hand into one this weekend if THS has a glove to check out.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:57 PM, cwarnar said:

so basically, a "review" is their idea of reading a spec sheet to promote themselves a little more. IMO, Its not a review if you dont talk abt durability, performance, and your experience with it. 1 ice session with a demo set isnt a review 

9 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://www.thehockeyshop.com/blogs/goalie-gear-reviews/warrior-gt2-blocker-trapper-review

Glove one is up too.

Internal strapping of the glove is identical. Really am going to try and get my hand into one this weekend if THS has a glove to check out.

I saw it already. The glove closes WAY better. I actually liked it more than the GT (it felt weird on my hand). THe palm is beefy with some extra padding over the break area too. Blocker's about the same. I had a chance to also inspect the new chesty and I think it's going to be a big hit. The arms are well beefed up at the forearm and bicep, elbow floaters have TWO flaps instead of the usual 1, and the heart/stomach pad is now a proper, significant center piece. There's also a lot of little details around that helps with long term wear areas, etc.

Hell. You should hit me up and we should go see this TOGETHER

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Better idea at the two designs I'm swaying in between. Two different teams, both want me to get matching gear.

What do I do??!?!?!?!?!?!

Untitled.thumb.png.598f03ffcf9ae51f502bd31b17d5c6d6.png

Wait a minute here... holder of the coveted DINK status is on two teams, with two different colour  schemes (yes, that's with a "u" as I am addressing my fellow Canadian) and a brand/model he likes, with beautiful mocks ups for both schemes, is asking what to do...?!?!

You buy BOTH sets. I mean, like WTF dude - are you new or something? Have you not been paying attention this whole time? Make it RAIN MONEY in that THS! LOL!

money rain gif.gif

Edited by Lucky Pucker

6 hours ago, ruckus007 said:

Hell. You should hit me up and we should go see this TOGETHER

I'm a huge fan of the GT1 glove and sing its praises, so the deviation from it has me a tad nervous. But, from the descriptions, the closing fashion of it is still is up my alley.

And I'm down, was thinking of going tomorrow after work. I live 10 minutes away so let me know if you want to meet up.

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Wait a minute here... holder of the coveted DINK status is on two teams, with two different colour  schemes (yes, that's with a "u" as I am addressing my fellow Canadian) and a brand/model he likes, with beautiful mocks ups for both schemes, is asking what to do...?!?!

You buy BOTH sets. I mean, like WTF dude - are you new or something? Have you not been paying attention this whole time? Make it RAIN MONEY in that THS! LOL!

1. Spelling colour any other way is heresay
2. Despite wanting 2 sets, I only have room in my hockey closet for one and I'm in the middle of saving for my wedding.

Unless you want to be a major bro and buy me a set? I'll even let you put whatever derogatory and offensive embroidery on it too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

1. Spelling colour any other way is heresay

2. Despite wanting 2 sets, I only have room in my hockey closet for one and I'm in the middle of saving for my wedding.

Unless you want to be a major bro and buy me a set? I'll even let you put whatever derogatory and offensive embroidery on it too.

1. It is also heresy 😉

2. I'd love to be a bro for you on this, but I'm raising two kids, in a house way bigger than we'd need if ti was just my wife and I. And they are both playing hockey. And they eat, like, every damned day, the little freeloaders. So while "12 years ago me" is right there with you on the saving for a wedding thing, present-day me is like "Awww! Isn't that just precious...?"

Not sure what you'll decide, but both sets look sweet; no bad choice there!