CCM Axis - 2020 Premier Replacement

cwarnar

On 5/4/2020 at 6:44 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Unless they were never huge fans of CCM gear to begin with. ;) 

Though you're definitely right about there being a "brand war" when it comes to CCM/Lefebvre fanboys online. 

::racks shotgun::

Someone say 'brand war'?

Quick tip with the CCM Axis customizer.

There's a few things you can do with Zone C.

You can leave Zone C as white and then the customizer will open up 6 print zones. This will allow you color the top gradient zone, gradient-border zones and the darts (for lack of a better word) independently. However, this forces the space around the darts to be white.

Or you can select a color for Zone C.
If you select Zone C, then you have two options: Tone on Tone and White Gradient
Selecting "Tone on Tone", will essentially make the gradient zones and gradient-border zones the color you select. I believe there is no gradient effect here, so if you don't like the graphic style of the Axis, you can kind of hide it using this option.

Or you can select "White Gradient", which makes the gradient zones the color you select, but you can customize the gradient-border zones with other colors.

1 minute ago, ZeroGravitas said:

It's not officially live yet. But it should be live in a couple hours, I think.

Cool thanks.

That will be fun to play around with.  

Having said that if I were buy new I would be more than happy to pay the up charge for the Lefevre made in Canada pro gear.

Edited by GoalieNut

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Not sure why they chose to stick with speedskin instead of jenpro. I just find it funny that they’re advertising speedskin for durability now

I know, my P2s speed skin was only put under the sliding surface. It looks bad on the front of the pad, BUT look what a body sent me, this is in Canadian dollars. 

Screenshot_20200508-090056_Email.jpg

3 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

I know, my P2s speed skin was only put under the sliding surface. It looks bad on the front of the pad, BUT look what a body sent me, this is in Canadian dollars. 

Screenshot_20200508-090056_Email.jpg

Employee Purchase Program has been around for a while. I believe the number was $800 or $850 USD. Hell of a deal but Im not a CCM guy, or employee of GoalieMonkey, PureHockey etc.

34 minutes ago, AG37 said:

Employee Purchase Program has been around for a while. I believe the number was $800 or $850 USD. Hell of a deal but Im not a CCM guy, or employee of GoalieMonkey, PureHockey etc.

First time my buddy sent me this. I have purchased from him before but at a discounted price. Maybe he didn't get this previously because he does own a PIAS but doesn't really purchase goalie or player gear. 

19 hours ago, Vogilny#25 said:

Sorry but thats just a uuggllyyy pad 🤢🤮

Like any pad, the graphic can be as busy or minimal as you want it to.   Lots of cool options in the customizer that will pretty much ensure there aren't too many duplicate sets out there.

Speaking of the customizer, I'm having issues getting it to work.  Is anyone else having problems with not being able to select colors for pads, but they work for the gloves?

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Like any pad, the graphic can be as busy or minimal as you want it to.   Lots of cool options in the customizer that will pretty much ensure there aren't too many duplicate sets out there.

Speaking of the customizer, I'm having issues getting it to work.  Is anyone else having problems with not being able to select colors for pads, but they work for the gloves?

The pad portion is having problems. 

I wanted your help with designing a gold pad if you're up to it 😉

6 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Yeah, the customizer on my home PC isn't behaving (same issue, can only color in the gloves).  Using Firefox.

My work laptop seemed to handle it just fine, though.

1 hour ago, netminder said:

https://www.hockeygeeks.com/collections/legs-pads/products/ccm-axis

Some of these in stock pads are far more interesting then the little cat scratches Levevre put together on their pads or all the straight up and down lines Warrior always put on their pads, so i i differ opinion. Refreshing out of box graphics are ultra welcomed....

I know it's just white, but those look interesting.

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Don't have the ability to go side by side right now, but I expect EFlex sizing is closer. This is a Flat boot.

I can only compare it to the P2 as I haven't wore the Eflex line.  The plus 1 on those pads look like a major difference than the P2 (thigh rise), is that true? What did you go with?

Edited by mr_shifty1982

I like 1 and 2, but I'm a white-based pads kind of guy. I also don't think that the colored logo on the colored outer roll ever looks good (exception is a bright color like orange or yellow on a black/navy background); it gets muddled and hard to read from even a rinkside distance away, and they never "pop" to me. See Samsonov's set up with the Caps as an example:

Meet Ilya Samsonov, Calder Trophy sleeper - TheHockeyNews

Edited by Teezle