CCM Axis - 2020 Premier Replacement

cwarnar

4 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

I wonder if Lefebvre will take a similar route to JRZ after the split and set up on their own as a small-scale manufacturer offering only the Premier line?

Or whether another company will partner with them to grab the niche of the die-hard Premier users?

(Having just typed that out, my guess is that there'd be some legal set up after the partnership is dissolved, that includes non-competes and licensing for the 590 / 580 glove designs that CCM will still be using) 

I've heard a rumor that Lefebvre has already signed with another partner. Not sure if I can share what manufacturer, but think skates ;) 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AG37 said:

I've heard a rumor that Lefebvre has already signed with another partner. Not sure if I can share what manufacturer, but think skates ;) 

Hmmm... True Premier Series by Lefebvre coming summer 2020??

After I wrote the post earlier I thought it'd be pretty cool if Warrior picked up Lefebvre, so Warrior had two 'name' lines - the Smith line and the Lefebvre line

12 hours ago, raucebyalien said:

I wonder if Lefebvre will take a similar route to JRZ after the split and set up on their own as a small-scale manufacturer offering only the Premier line?

Or whether another company will partner with them to grab the niche of the die-hard Premier users?

(Having just typed that out, my guess is that there'd be some legal set up after the partnership is dissolved, that includes non-competes and licensing for the 590 / 580 glove designs that CCM will still be using) 

From what I have seen, as long as Lefevre has the original dyes for cutting the plastic/foam, they can go anywhere and still produce the designs they have always done.

Back in the GSBB days, I ordered a Helite 5 chest pad direct from Brian Heaton when he left to start BHG. 
From what I remember, he said he took his molding and dyes with him and could produce the Helite 10 gloves and pads as well.

A more recent example would be the JRZ stuff - some of their models look very close to the old Reactor style pads they were making for Bauer.

7 hours ago, AG37 said:

This would be very interesting if "True" (see what I did there) - I have heard from a few sources they have been looking to get into goalie gear for a while.

22 hours ago, AG37 said:

Not sure how to feel about this.  I love my True skates but the protective gear for skaters I've seen has been somewhat awkward.  I guess I'll just have to sit back, eat some popcorn and see what comes out of all this. 🍿

18 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Not sure how to feel about this.  I love my True skates but the protective gear for skaters I've seen has been somewhat awkward.  I guess I'll just have to sit back, eat some popcorn and see what comes out of all this. 🍿

Great player sticks and gloves. With Lefebvre on board, can imagine their gear might be cool.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, raucebyalien said:

Hmmm... True Premier Series by Lefebvre coming summer 2020??

After I wrote the post earlier I thought it'd be pretty cool if Warrior picked up Lefebvre, so Warrior had two 'name' lines - the Smith line and the Lefebvre line

Those were 2 of the rumors circling around. To my knowledge, neither of them is happening at the moment, however, anything is possible with Lefebvre being a free agent 

13 hours ago, FFMedicGoalie said:

Great player sticks and gloves. With Lefebvre on board, can imagine their gear might be cool.

MIGHT be cool is the best we can hope for.  I disagree on both sticks and gloves.  I think the pinky on their gloves is funky and uncomfortable and we just don't seem to have a lot of repeat customers for their sticks.  There are a few hardcore True loyalists, but most guys go back to Bauer/Warrior, etc after trying out a True.

Again, I don't want to be negative, but True tends to be very polarizing and Lefevere/Lefebvre gear tends to play it safe.  Not sure I see a fit there.

As far as Warrior goes I'm glad to hear there's not anything behind that.  Pete Smith is doing great work over there and I'm not sure there's room for two alpha-dogs in one company.  

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

MIGHT be cool is the best we can hope for.  I disagree on both sticks and gloves.  I think the pinky on their gloves is funky and uncomfortable and we just don't seem to have a lot of repeat customers for their sticks.  There are a few hardcore True loyalists, but most guys go back to Bauer/Warrior, etc after trying out a True.

Again, I don't want to be negative, but True tends to be very polarizing and Lefevere/Lefebvre gear tends to play it safe.  Not sure I see a fit there.

As far as Warrior goes I'm glad to hear there's not anything behind that.  Pete Smith is doing great work over there and I'm not sure there's room for two alpha-dogs in one company.  

CCM/Koho Had Heaton and Lefebvre at the exact same time.

This has probably already been covered but I have one simple question. Will the Axis use speedskin? I like CCM’s gear but speedskin is just a big no no for me. I’ve always had issues with the durability of the stuff and according to my goalie partner it’s not that great for sliding either.

20 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

This has probably already been covered but I have one simple question. Will the Axis use speedskin? I like CCM’s gear but speedskin is just a big no no for me. I’ve always had issues with the durability of the stuff and according to my goalie partner it’s not that great for sliding either.

They haven't told the "influencers" to release that information yet.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Purely speculation on my part, but from the release pictures, the material texture looks just like speedskin to me. 

The Eflex customizer also recently changed and now they only offer 5 colours in weave/traditional jenpro (whereas as of last month it was choice between 5 weave colours and virtually the same amount of jenpro/speedskin colours).

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

They haven't told the "influencers" to release that information yet.

Hahahahah... no one “tells” anyone to “release” anything 

it’s more an issue of respecting their release cycle and when their marketing team wants to release info. 

I always ask before I share something that isn’t obviously public information yet. If people say no, I don’t share. I give the same companies all that same respect. 

Some companies are more anal than others about what, how, and when info is shared. That comment isn’t pertaining to Axis, just a side observation 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Hahahahah... no one “tells” anyone to “release” anything 

it’s more an issue of respecting their release cycle and when their marketing team wants to release info. 

I always ask before I share something that isn’t obviously public information yet. If people say no, I don’t share. I give the same companies all that same respect. 

Some companies are more anal than others about what, how, and when info is shared. That comment isn’t pertaining to Axis, just a side observation 

I would take what he said to be a less nice way of saying what you did; it's just another way of saying that companies will give people that green light.

I'm interested to see what happens with the next iteration of the EF series. While very little traction has been put behind it according to you, it'd be cool to see True get some weight pushing in the goalie gear game, just like I'd love to see Warrior gear back in the NHL at some point.

9 hours ago, keeperton said:

I would take what he said to be a less nice way of saying what you did; it's just another way of saying that companies will give people that green light.

I'm interested to see what happens with the next iteration of the EF series. While very little traction has been put behind it according to you, it'd be cool to see True get some weight pushing in the goalie gear game, just like I'd love to see Warrior gear back in the NHL at some point.

I am just having with @coopaloop1234 and using his post an easy way to give some insight into the process.

EFlex line is NOT going anywhere

13 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I am just having with @coopaloop1234 and using his post an easy way to give some insight into the process.

EFlex line is NOT going anywhere

I would expect as much, still interested to see what they do with it for simple curiosity's sake.

11 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

But isn't it convenient that all the larger instagram goalie accounts all released preliminary images at the same time? ;) 

If I'm a company and people start leaking crappy photos that corroborate each other of my product, I'll likely be okay with others releasing pictures that don't suck to at least do the product some justice. Yeah?

12 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

But isn't it convenient that all the larger instagram goalie accounts all released preliminary images at the same time? ;) 

I’ve been sitting on stuff like all summer, it’s no fun holding back... but it enables me to get way more info about new products playing ball and then sharing it with everyone

1 hour ago, keeperton said:

If I'm a company and people start leaking crappy photos that corroborate each other of my product, I'll likely be okay with others releasing pictures that don't suck to at least do the product some justice. Yeah?

I don’t usually why the green light is given, just happy when it comes...

but I suspect this is exactly it