The Mask Thread

On 4/15/2018 at 3:43 AM, Znowleopard said:

So I took a slap shot off my cage last night from some cunt who though trying to injure me was funny should I replace the cage or is it alright? IMG_20180414_235835.thumb.jpg.dbebed3e0e74cd2d9f7de774e41e272c.jpgIMG_20180414_235845.thumb.jpg.d8c1be6e8eb5841606f2b587ebd07fd3.jpg

And is there anything I can do about the paint?

While the bend is very slight and you'd probably be okay, you have to consider that cages are meant to bend on impact. I look at it like it's done its job, time for a new one. I always have an extra one on hand at home in case I get a dent. With yours I'd bet you're okay, certainly until you're able to get another one, but that depends on the level of risk you're willing to take on. It always blows my mind when I see guys who think its okay to play with a bent cage because "it didn't break yet". 

As for the paint, not much you can do about the damage other than to do what you can to keep it from chipping more. On a plain white mask I'd just suggest hitting it with a few layers of clear nail polish. 

• Thanks 1

Some great shots of my Wall mask. Unbelievable mask, I've had for a bit over a year now and its been nothing but amazing. I've taken some bombs in this thing and been run a few times and never had any ringing or any other problems. 

ADAM37.png

RMC_5025.JPG

• Like 1

Haha, what is that!  That thing can't seriously be for hockey right?  Maybe ball hockey?  The clear chin window cracks me up.  Massive dead spot in the forehead.  Ears exposed, gargantuan backplate gap, ahhhh, i just can't.  Someone put a lot of time into this project!  Also, why brians?  Just so many questions...

Browsing this thread and realized I somehow neglected to share my new mask.  I think I posted in the Pro's Choice thread.

It's a Pro's Choice 961 with paint by Frank Cipra.  I originally planned for it to be a Roy tribute with his Canadiens design, until I thought about it some more and realized what a waste it would be to have Cipra paint such a simple job.  So we added some stuff, but my overall plan was to keep it simple and recognizable even from a distance.

Here you go...

image.thumb.png.a88881c23771e215e82297e6a471df23.png

image.thumb.png.d0c656fae80715c153243c90c5bf55bc.png

image.thumb.png.f39922d91e87863e138ffd7c81dc1ad1.png

image.png.063065907d495e664386dcd78a855957.png

• Like 2

I searched online for the Sentinel mask thinking maybe it was an April fools joke. While reading, they claim that they chose to use Brians name because according to their site, and in their words, Brians is a small company that "needs a competitive edge', "lacks a current mask offering", "has a history of innovation", "has massive street cred", and they also say that Brians was "once a maker of the finest gear available, recent economic turmoil and strong well financed competitors has severely  diminished market share." 

I serioulsly doubt Brian's would have any interest in this mask, and wouldn't care for their comments.

47 minutes ago, Md30 said:

I searched online for the Sentinel mask thinking maybe it was an April fools joke. While reading, they claim that they chose to use Brians name because according to their site, and in their words, Brians is a small company that "needs a competitive edge', "lacks a current mask offering", "has a history of innovation", "has massive street cred", and they also say that Brians was "once a maker of the finest gear available, recent economic turmoil and strong well financed competitors has severely  diminished market share." 

I serioulsly doubt Brian's would have any interest in this mask, and wouldn't care for their comments.

http://www.coroflot.com/matthewanswine/Footwear-Design-3D-n-Prototypes

Guys, this is a personal website from a guy that is using it just for minor design projects. Either for school or personal fun. Nothing in his repertoire should be taken seriously, nor should it be up for this much scrutiny lol.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

http://www.coroflot.com/matthewanswine/Footwear-Design-3D-n-Prototypes

Guys, this is a personal website from a guy that is using it just for minor design projects. Either for school or personal fun. Nothing in his repertoire should be taken seriously, nor should it be up for this much scrutiny lol.

Agreed. This is the kind of thing that should be encouraged (especially by goalies!) not discouraged. Its like a concept car! This guy has a lot of very interesting ideas and one day this sort of creativity is going to lead to a more protective, better performing mask. The look or concept may not appeal to everyone now but didn't people say the same thing about flat-faced pads? Composite sticks? Cowlingless skates?? Come on now!

4 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Does he recondition them? 

If he could get it reconditioned. That’d be great 

Not he’s out. He also does not have any cages left. Someone would have to make a 1 off or itd have to jammed back to shape. 

This is basically worth nothing. Hopefully he could give it to someone or do the work himself to restore this 

14 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Not he’s out. He also does not have any cages left. Someone would have to make a 1 off or itd have to jammed back to shape. 

This is basically worth nothing. Hopefully he could give it to someone or do the work himself to restore this 

Shawn Schroeder (kicksave from gsbb) could probably refurb it. 

Olympia Composites can make custom cages.