Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

On 1/26/2024 at 2:26 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

IMG_1265.jpeg.21472fbe7737f9c7fd4579ef4dfd0977.jpeg

Just got done playing five nights in a row. Haven’t done that in a while. I slept pretty soundly last night. 

I'm almost 47. I've been dating someone a few years younger than me for the past few months. This is me everyday. I feel more worn out than ever. Add in hockey... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/sources-confirm-nhl-players-facing-charges-in-sexual-assault-investigation-1.2069570

Four National Hockey League players – Carter Hart, Michael McLeod, Dillon Dube, and Cal Foote – have been directed to surrender to police in London, Ont., to be charged with sexual assault in connection with an alleged incident that occurred during a Hockey Canada event in the city in June 2018, two sources familiar with the matter told TSN.

On 1/26/2024 at 1:26 PM, WillyGrips13 said:

IMG_1265.jpeg.21472fbe7737f9c7fd4579ef4dfd0977.jpeg

Just got done playing five nights in a row. Haven’t done that in a while. I slept pretty soundly last night. 

I'm in the midst of 7 in 9, but I'm on vacation from work. I'm only on day 3 and skate 3 so far, but I had a 2 hour nap this afternoon already!

7 hours ago, MTH said:

I'm almost 47. I've been dating someone a few years younger than me for the past few months. This is me everyday. I feel more worn out than ever. Add in hockey... 

we’re all assuming one thing - but what’s really going on is that she’s insisting you join her in her gym workout and training runs, right?

😋

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

we’re all assuming one thing - but what’s really going on is that she’s insisting you join her in her gym workout and training runs, right?

😋

I spent my teens, 20s and 30s wishing for workouts like these.

Now? I need naps and some oatmeal.

Had a funny occurrence at a game last week.  

Other team came down on a 1v1 and beat my D man by a step to the outside, cut across and put it in on me.  My D man cut with him and as I was bfly sliding across, he caught the top of my pad with his foot and ripped my pad off, only thing holding it on was my toe ties.  So I was down, with my pad flung the other way but still attached to my skate.  

I took off my helmet because I didn’t know wtf happened and felt a breeze on my leg.  My team jumped off the bench, apparently everyone thought I blew my knee out and my leg was flopping the other direction.  Even the refs and other team thought it, too.  Everyone got super quiet for a few minutes while I sat on the ice and fixed my pad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Does Edmonton have the market cornered on goalies that play like beer leaguers? Pickard and Campbell play like beer leaguers trying to keep their heads above water at this level. At least Skinner looks like a professional as he plays. Of course, I root for guys like Campbell and Pickard, I’m just surprised they’re out there. 
And I know that Campbell is currently in the minors. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Does Edmonton have the market cornered on goalies that play like beer leaguers? Pickard and Campbell play like beer leaguers trying to keep their heads above water at this level. At least Skinner looks like a professional as he plays. Of course, I root for guys like Campbell and Pickard, I’m just surprised they’re out there. 
And I know that Campbell is currently in the minors. 

Could be!

I've always heard that about Gibson in Anaheim too.

On 2/24/2024 at 5:41 PM, creasecollector said:

Could be!

I've always heard that about Gibson in Anaheim too.

Absolutely😀! He always used that kind of saves regularly. Sometimes hard to watch, but looks like it works for him. 

g3.webp

g2.jpg

g5.jpg

Edited by mik
  • Like 1

I'm in a divorce meeting with my wife and our attorneys the other day. Her attorney was trying to make a point that I "spend too much on new goalie gear". I almost fell out of my chair. This is the museum vintage gear I currently wear. Most of it is from the 90s. 

IMG_9829.thumb.JPG.d25b403c365861bf9ec66e76f71a3a42.JPG

My wife is desperate to make me look bad and justify why she wants a divorce. Truthfully she's just an out of control narcissist thinking she's better than everyone else.

I'm not mad. Please just go. Thanks for the laugh of having your expensive lawyer learn about goalie gear from the 1990s. 

Edited by MTH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, MTH said:

I'm in a divorce meeting with my wife and our attorneys the other day. Her attorney was trying to make a point that I "spend too much on new goalie gear". I almost fell out of my chair. This is the museum vintage gear I currently wear. Most of it is from the 90s. 

My wife is desperate to make me look bad and justify why she wants a divorce. Truthfully she's just an out of control narcissist thinking she's better than everyone else.

I'm not mad. Please just go. Thanks for the laugh of having your expensive lawyer learn about goalie gear from the 1990s. 

Show them this picture lol

• Like 1

She sounds atrocious. Good luck buying yourself a clear conscience… tramp. 

On 2/29/2024 at 3:19 PM, MTH said:

Edited by chile57
  • Like 1