Warrior G6

coopaloop1234

On 1/24/2023 at 7:31 PM, Pezon36 said:

I went from a g3 to a 6.1.  It feels nothing like a g3.  The g6 feels closer to the g3.  The 6.1 feels similar to a 590 type closure. The one thing I really don’t like is your fingers slide as you close it. The g3 felt like it was fully apart of your hand.  The big plus though is the pocket. Way bigger than the g3. I end up making what feels like more glove saves after switching. 

14 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I've used a G3, G4, and a GT2. The removable liners in the G3/4 did always feel tighter around my fingers than my GT2 does, but after switching to my GT2 I realized how... sloppy, for lack of a better word, the liner system was. Like, my hand felt very locked in with the G3/4, but it didn't feel locked in to the glove.

I'd love to get my hands on some G6 gear, but I'm a little bit skint at the moment.

I've tried G2, G3 and G4 so far and I didn't like either of them. These quotes are about how I feel them all, the fingers are the main problem. @Pezon36 said one exact that is the fingers sliding when closing the glove and that might have some connection to @CJ Boiss words.

I now have a GT waiting for some refurbs and that'll be another way for Warrior. I looking to find a GT2 too but these are quite rare so far.

G6/6.1 definitely and maybe G5 some day.

15 hours ago, CJ Boiss said:

I've used a G3, G4, and a GT2. The removable liners in the G3/4 did always feel tighter around my fingers than my GT2 does, but after switching to my GT2 I realized how... sloppy, for lack of a better word, the liner system was. Like, my hand felt very locked in with the G3/4, but it didn't feel locked in to the glove.

I'd love to get my hands on some G6 gear, but I'm a little bit skint at the moment.

My G5 with the liner is a better glove than my GT2, but my GT2 feels so ridiculously natural on my hand for the same reasons above.

My hand is locked in and forms nicely around the break. 

2 hours ago, FN-2187 said:

Just guess work on my behalf but trying to paint a mental picture as there's very few reviews out there that go into detail other than comparing to 590 or suggesting it is "it's own thing" but no detail. Overall do you find the pocket change is worth it despite the difference in feel?

I've tried one in store a few times, feels closer to a 580 than a 590 in my opinion. 

It has the more 'upright' pocket configuration that is in line with 580 gloves, though it overall feels different. 

2 hours ago, FN-2187 said:

Interesting, I never tried the GT2 but there's a pro one up on sideline swap in FR, though the shipping and import cost to UK would make it more expensive than a SR 6.1.

I've got small hands (I'm 5'8 so I guess they are proportionally correct lol!) so liked being able to downsize the palm on the blocker. I guess I'd have to really crank the straps on a GT or 6.1 to get "locked in".

But for whatever reason the G3 felt like an extension of my body, the G4 sometimes feels like someone taped a back to front boxing glove to my hand...

I've got smaller hands as well and the Warrior gloves, both Ritual and GT lines, are very easy to get your hand locked in. 

I wouldn't stress it too much. 

On 1/26/2023 at 7:09 AM, FN-2187 said:

Thanks for the info! I've never used or tried on a 590 but lots of the reviews are making that comparison. When you say your fingers slide in the 6.1 is it due to the closure being more finger to palm as opposed to finger to thumb? I don't think I'd like that, but the huge pocket does appeal.

Just guess work on my behalf but trying to paint a mental picture as there's very few reviews out there that go into detail other than comparing to 590 or suggesting it is "it's own thing" but no detail. Overall do you find the pocket change is worth it despite the difference in feel?

Idk what causes the finger slide. Even if i crank down the finger strap it still slides when I close it. Something to do with the shape of the palm. The normal g6 has a huge pocket too it’s not just the 6.1. If I could order the glove again I’d go with a g6 90° liner. Seems like that would get the same closure angle as the 6.1. 

I have the GT2 glove, had the GT previously. I understand the sliding pinky thing mentioned. I have smallish fingers which doesn't help.

I think it's caused by the thickness of the palm and how it closes. I tried on a Vaughn SLR3 Pro today and the palm felt significantly thinner than my senior GT2. If anyone could fix it, other than Warrior itself, it would be Dennis at Factory MADE. He seems to do magic with his mods (I'm just not a fan of the overdone floating T).

Edited by RichMan

I think, from comments above, that Warrior has very good lock in for the palm to glove and that causes fingers to slide when closing the glove. Because some area has to move when closing the glove that is just plain physics.

I'll think of this in a few hours on ice with my Bauer glove. How it operates compared to Warrior and where does the movement happen.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 8:02 PM, RichMan said:

I have the GT2 glove, had the GT previously. I understand the sliding pinky thing mentioned. I have smallish fingers which doesn't help.

I think it's caused by the thickness of the palm and how it closes. I tried on a Vaughn SLR3 Pro today and the palm felt significantly thinner than my senior GT2. If anyone could fix it, other than Warrior itself, it would be Dennis at Factory MADE. He seems to do magic with his mods (I'm just not a fan of the overdone floating T).

Warrior palms are super chunky. I never felt a single stinger in my GT2 Pro glove. 

What is amazing about warrior gloves is despite the chunky, super protective palm, they still have the snappiest close of any glove. 

Just very well done all around. 

On 1/29/2023 at 3:28 AM, ArdeFIN said:

I think, from comments above, that Warrior has very good lock in for the palm to glove and that causes fingers to slide when closing the glove. Because some area has to move when closing the glove that is just plain physics.

I'll think of this in a few hours on ice with my Bauer glove. How it operates compared to Warrior and where does the movement happen.

The Mach glove does a good job of getting the palm lock that warrior gloves do. 

I found my hand sliding a done in the 2S I tired, Mach has been as close to a warrior feel from a glove as I've ever seen. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I watched a G6 full review on Youtube today from a goalie Chris Dudo. (One of ours?)

He mentioned a few personal mods to his strapping the pads. He brought up some very interesting points that I agree with in his suggestions to Warrior.

I own GT2 pads. I have been brainstorming on my strapping setup quite a bit since i bought them in 2021-22. I've wondered if the neoprene knee sling is necessary? Could I get away with just using the nylon clip strap? Or how about vice versa? When the velcro starts letting go, can I install some leather or nylon straps instead?

What have you done on yours if anything?

MODS: If this merits its own thread, feel free to move it. Just let me know what title it will be under please. Thanks.

Edited by RichMan

13 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I watched a G6 full review on Youtube today from a goalie Chris Dudo. (One of ours?)

He mentioned a few personal mods to his strapping the pads. He brought up some very interesting points that I agree with in his suggestions to Warrior.

I own GT2 pads. I have been brainstorming on my strapping setup quite a bit since i bought them in 2021-22. I've wondered if the neoprene knee sling is necessary? Could I get away with just using the nylon clip strap? Or how about vice versa? When the velcro starts letting go, can I install some leather or nylon straps instead?

MODS: If this merits its own thread, feel free to move it. Just let me know what title it will be under please. Thanks.

The GT2 thread would probably be more appropriate. 

Saying that, your strapping options may depend on if you go behind the knee or down to the calf. Dude's strapping is definitely an odd choice, but if it works then why not? 

For the GT2, I found the nylon strap mostly useless. More of an easy way to carry the pads. I wouldn't stress too much about the velcro. Mine was still in great condition after two years and the loop portion you'd have to replace is on the calf portion and would be easily replaceable. 

41 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Huge fan of Dudo’s strapping setup and wore the knee strap the same way when I had my Eflex set. I’ll probably continue to do so once my G6 set arrives. I did order 32+1.5 since it’s the exact same size pad as my Small Machs. 

You'll probably be very happy with 32+1.5.  I also had Machs in small coming from G4's in 33+1.5. 

I'm really glad I was convinced to try the 32 According to my tape measurements the G4 in 33 and the G6 in 32 are virtually the same size.  

Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone found that going from a G3/4/5 to the G6+ a bit of a weird experience?

I have been in Warrior gloves since the G3 and loved them - I just got in my G6+ and I don't know what is up but I just can't catch anything with the thing. Pucks keep hitting the thumb of the glove and just bouncing out, nothing is trapping cleanly. Just interested to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

45 minutes ago, Zip said:

Has anyone found that going from a G3/4/5 to the G6+ a bit of a weird experience?

I had the G4 gloves - in the 6's now. 
I love the trapper and find it a modest improvement to the G4 which I thought was a puck hoover! 

I honestly prefer the G4 blocker though. Wish I had kept mine but who can possibly play with a mixed set??? ;) Can't quite put my finger on it but it somehow feels constricted in comparison.  

On 5/12/2023 at 8:36 AM, Zip said:

I have been in Warrior gloves since the G3 and loved them - I just got in my G6+ and I don't know what is up but I just can't catch anything with the thing. Pucks keep hitting the thumb of the glove and just bouncing out, nothing is trapping cleanly. Just interested to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

It could be because of the forward pitch? Apparently it took some getting used to when the G5 introduced it.

On 5/14/2023 at 7:47 AM, RichMan said:

It could be because of the forward pitch? Apparently it took some getting used to when the G5 introduced it.

If he was in G5, the "coveredge" shouldn't be an issue. Especially as the foam block that facilitates that is easily removable. 

I took mine out because it was uncomfortable.  

Though, he said he's used a G5 and he's having issues with getting hit in the thumb area, don't think that's the cause. 

• 11 months later...

Had a skate with the G6 SR glove last night and I'm blown away at how well it catches. I had tried a G4 blocker/glove combo previously and had a lot of trouble with it (both the glove and the blocker). I think if I had the money I would get a custom G6.1/7.1 with removable palms.

Some said that my glove looked bigger (than my Hyperlite).

16 minutes ago, johncho said:

Had a skate with the G6 SR glove last night and I'm blown away at how well it catches. I had tried a G4 blocker/glove combo previously and had a lot of trouble with it (both the glove and the blocker). I think if I had the money I would get a custom G6.1/7.1 with removable palms.

Some said that my glove looked bigger (than my Hyperlite).

Reduced cuff makes the new Warrior pocket massive. Plus the Hyperlite pocket isn't that big. 

Had to use two pics because I don't have a direct side by side, but you can see the difference in pocket size of the Hyperlite vs my black G5, and then my white G5 compared to G6. 

Also, removable palms on the X.1 line hasn't been a thing since the very, very beginning of the G6 release. They ran into production issues and removed that custom option entirely. That continues on the G7 lines. 

20230616_091624.jpg

20231220_104250.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I wish the 7.0 glove would have a permanent palm.

I wish they would of kept the GT2 line but have the new leg strapping. That'd be killer 😎

Just get a custom G7 with a soft knee and medium thighrise. Should be relatively close. 

• Like 1