2022 Bauer Mystery Skate - Konekt Goalie Skate

TheGoalNet

11 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

From what I’ve heard pricing isn’t as bad as I originally thought so these might be my next skates. I’m getting beat way too often on the post with my two piece step true skates and they’re definitely taking their toll on my hips. 

A carpenter never blames his tools.

Joking aside I felt like my 2X Pro skates were just too tall and had me pitched too far forward. My hips are awful to begin with... but it seemed to be worse with them. Switched back to a Graf boot with CCM XSG holder which is much more neutral and it's been so much better. It's really just finding a balance between performance and comfort.

To me it looks like the same Vertexx Edge holder as before... so same pitch... but that could be less than what you're using with the True 2 piece.

Clearly a 2 piece boot if you've noticed the hinge dot at the ankle bone. It will be interesting to know what kind of materials will be used. I'm expecting a composite, something like plastic/carbon/rubber, for flex yet rigidity and protection. Obviously a mold injection approach.

Weight should be mid range.

57 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Presumably you would purchase the liner and skate separate like you would with the steel for hyperlite player skates. Can anyone confirm?

No, I don’t believe that’s the case 

It’s my understanding this will be sold like a normal Skate

The liner however will be able to compensate for half sizes in the way that it fits during the molding process 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

The liner however will be able to compensate for half sizes in the way that it fits during the molding process 

Any word on ETA to retail?

11 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

An expanding liner for an even better fit with my unbelievably narrow feet? Count me in!

18 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

This will be a day one purchase for me, as long as the weight is anywhere near reasonable for a high-end skate. Excited for the possibility of never tying skates again. I get the comments about the look (rental skates, roller blades, or whatever) but for goalies they are hidden under our leg pads anyway so who cares. 

It's definitely an interesting concept and it makes sense in terms of a progression standpoint.

Though it definitely seems like a piece of gear that either works for you or doesn't. With only two secure points and only a few notches to adjust, it seems like you'll need to work with what the boot is able to offer instead of making the boot work for you.

Though since we're utilizing skiing tech, why hasn't anyone used a BOA system for skates like they have for snowboard boots? Seems like that would be a for more customizable adjustment system than what we're seeing here.

17 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's definitely an interesting concept and it makes sense in terms of a progression standpoint.

Though it definitely seems like a piece of gear that either works for you or doesn't. With only two secure points and only a few notches to adjust, it seems like you'll need to work with what the boot is able to offer instead of making the boot work for you.

Though since we're utilizing skiing tech, why hasn't anyone used a BOA system for skates like they have for snowboard boots? Seems like that would be a for more customizable adjustment system than what we're seeing here.

Yeah, I've wondered about BOA too. I'm a long-time user in my golf shoes...

I can only speculate that in order for BOA to work properly, the skate would have to be so soft as to not provide enough stability. Seems like almost all retail skates now are built for stiffness.